Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

What play are you refering to PI call. Give me a play #.One call never causes a loss. I just got the blocked field goal sent to me, I only count 11. No references about injuries when you picked FC to win. From what Im told, there should have never been a FC field gol attempt. The JC HC requested a TO "with 2 seconds left "and the official thought he said "in 2 seconds" and refused to run it off. A mistake the official could have fixed. Is that your "HOME SCHOOLED".Kudos to JC.I hope they can build on the 2 wins they have now and almost beating Seymour going in to the Jeff game this Friday and hosting SC in the tournament. In Indiana the elite teams are still there. The quality of teams in  the middle are down in my opinion. Thats what you are seeing.This forum used to be entertaining with knowledgable insight. Sadly it is becoming a whine fest. If JC has so much "HOME SCHOOLED" you would think their record would reflect it over the last 30 years. I know for a fact they dont even use local guys for lower level let alone on Friday Night. I would love to see the HHC AD's post the crews they hired and where they're from for the last 5 years. You would be shocked.

3 hours ago, Sergio said:

What play are you refering to PI call. Give me a play #.One call never causes a loss. I just got the blocked field goal sent to me, I only count 11. No references about injuries when you picked FC to win. From what Im told, there should have never been a FC field gol attempt. The JC HC requested a TO "with 2 seconds left "and the official thought he said "in 2 seconds" and refused to run it off. A mistake the official could have fixed. Is that your "HOME SCHOOLED".Kudos to JC.I hope they can build on the 2 wins they have now and almost beating Seymour going in to the Jeff game this Friday and hosting SC in the tournament. In Indiana the elite teams are still there. The quality of teams in  the middle are down in my opinion. Thats what you are seeing.This forum used to be entertaining with knowledgable insight. Sadly it is becoming a whine fest. If JC has so much "HOME SCHOOLED" you would think their record would reflect it over the last 30 years. I know for a fact they dont even use local guys for lower level let alone on Friday Night. I would love to see the HHC AD's post the crews they hired and where they're from for the last 5 years. You would be shocked.

The 12 men on field penalty..what I was told coach Bragg was arguing. I don’t have access to film so I can’t be sure. You are probably correct if you watched film. 

The PI I’m referring to was on the last drive by JC with about a minute to go or less. Pass over the middle. Two FC safeties hit receiver as he attempted to catch ball.  ball was knocked out of his hands. Looked like a bang bang play. Again I don’t have access to film so I don’t have a play number. 

I didn’t make mention of the injuries last week before my pick….because I didn’t know they were out until game time. 

I agree this site has been a good site for years. Use to get on here and just read comments. But then decided to start commenting. Probably should go back to that! 

I’ll admit I was probably wrong on the 12 men on field deal. Friday night I was a little hyped up because that FC team has lost 3 really close games.  
Seymour on last second TD

BNL last second FG

JC last second FG

FK stated the lack of effort from the boys and I just don’t see it that way. They are In every game and competing. Just some real tough losses for the team. 

I really try not to blame someone or others. Especially the kids, coaches and now strength coaches are being brought into it. Just don’t understand that. Football is a game that has inherent injuries. Unfortunately the injury bug has bit this FC team this year. A lot of talent on that team when everyone is healthy. 

Good Luck to everyone this weekend and in sectionals. 

Uncle Bubba gets a mulligan. It’s the first time he’s ever complained about something. Pretty much everyone has had bad moments or posts they regret. Bad losses are always emotional and the scenario Bubba illustrated is one that you can understand to be frustrating. Live and learn. I’m constantly doing that with Columbus East in the post-Bob Gaddis era. I know Olympian06 is really struggling with it too.

21 hours ago, Uncle Bubba said:

Sorry there was no penalty for 12 men on field. I was told that is what coach Bragg was arguing after the blocked FG. 

The punt was blocked and caught by the kicker. JC team started to rush onto the field before the play was dead. The kicker still had possession of the ball and was running. I’m not sure it would have mattered as they didn’t impede him.
Doesn’t really matter. Game should have never been that close. 

12 hours ago, FC Transplant said:

The punt was blocked and caught by the kicker. JC team started to rush onto the field before the play was dead. The kicker still had possession of the ball and was running. I’m not sure it would have mattered as they didn’t impede him.

Nope. Floyd Central should be undefeated in the HHC. They’ve had some major injuries and Bernardi was really a impactful injury. I had the chance to speak to many of their players the other night, some of them captains. A lot of them are lineman. I gave them a pretty good pep talk. I expect them to come out and handle New Albany pretty well. Hopefully it works out.

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2022 at 8:01 PM, Uncle Bubba said:

The 12 men on field penalty..what I was told coach Bragg was arguing. I don’t have access to film so I can’t be sure. You are probably correct if you watched film. 

The PI I’m referring to was on the last drive by JC with about a minute to go or less. Pass over the middle. Two FC safeties hit receiver as he attempted to catch ball.  ball was knocked out of his hands. Looked like a bang bang play. Again I don’t have access to film so I don’t have a play number. 

I didn’t make mention of the injuries last week before my pick….because I didn’t know they were out until game time. 

I agree this site has been a good site for years. Use to get on here and just read comments. But then decided to start commenting. Probably should go back to that! 

I’ll admit I was probably wrong on the 12 men on field deal. Friday night I was a little hyped up because that FC team has lost 3 really close games.  
Seymour on last second TD

BNL last second FG

JC last second FG

FK stated the lack of effort from the boys and I just don’t see it that way. They are In every game and competing. Just some real tough losses for the team. 

I really try not to blame someone or others. Especially the kids, coaches and now strength coaches are being brought into it. Just don’t understand that. Football is a game that has inherent injuries. Unfortunately the injury bug has bit this FC team this year. A lot of talent on that team when everyone is healthy. 

Good Luck to everyone this weekend and in sectionals. 

I’ve spoken with the coaches and the players. I’m a well known person in the community. I won’t disclose what any of them have told me. But I’ll tell you what I told them. I told coach Bragg, that I do support him as Head Coach, but I want to see this program get to a good level. He understands that. And I was told things behind the scenes, which again, was between me and him. I like coach Bragg. Really good guy. I know that he’s working hard, and that’s what I want. What I talked to their players about was accountability and pride. Being leaders. I know our community better then anyone in this thread. Better then most. And I know that our players have to have some of the responsibility for the results. It’s not entirely on the coaches or the players. They all need to get on the same page and make it work. I had to learn the lesson of instead of just whining and complaining on a message board, to actually try to do something to help and that’s what I’m doing. I’m available to anyone in that program for anything. If coach Bragg needs me to give a pep talk, do advance scouting, or anything helpful, he’s got my help.

• Haha 1
  • Kill me now 1

18 hours ago, FC Transplant said:

The "Attempted Field Goal" was blocked, recovered by the offense, progress was stopped, not running being drove backwards, not 1 inch of forward progress, time expired, play is dead, then JC rushed the field. Led Seymour till the end of the game. when you look at them on tape, its not a typical JC team. The kids and community are buying in.Dont know how committed the school is for football. And, I "AM NOT" saying things are turned around there. They are not far from 4 and 4 instead of 2 and 6. Crews that have worked there will tell you its not business as usual.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sergio said:

The "Attempted Field Goal" was blocked, recovered by the offense, progress was stopped, not running being drove backwards, not 1 inch of forward progress, time expired, play is dead, then JC rushed the field. Led Seymour till the end of the game. when you look at them on tape, its not a typical JC team. The kids and community are buying in.Dont know how committed the school is for football. And, I "AM NOT" saying things are turned around there. They are not far from 4 and 4 instead of 2 and 6. Crews that have worked there will tell you its not business as usual.

Good win for JC. A healthy Floyd Central team wins that game pretty easily.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Geez dude, you just can’t help yourself can you? I had a nice conversation with JC’s AD earlier in the season at a JV game. He told me of several injuries they were fighting at the time. Injuries happen in sports, how many kids was JC playing without? Sometimes you just get beat. At which time you congratulate the winners and move on to next week and get back to work. First it was the multiple coaching staffs at FC, then it was the players,  now it’s injuries. If you are this famous person that everyone knows and respects in Floyd Knobs, giving pep talks to the team, I would hope you’d just support the school and quit making excuses and degrading every other school. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Geez dude, you just can’t help yourself can you? I had a nice conversation with JC’s AD earlier in the season at a JV game. He told me of several injuries they were fighting at the time. Injuries happen in sports, how many kids was JC playing without? Sometimes you just get beat. At which time you congratulate the winners and move on to next week and get back to work. First it was the multiple coaching staffs at FC, then it was the players,  now it’s injuries. If you are this famous person that everyone knows and respects in Floyd Knobs, giving pep talks to the team, I would hope you’d just support the school and quit making excuses and degrading every other school. 

Speaking facts isn’t making excuses. If you want to talk to me, then meet me. I’ll meet you directly. A lot of people want to know who you are anyways. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Who I am is the worst kept secret on this board! Brian Personett. 

I’m not calling you out. I’m just saying you give me a hard time on this board. Let us know the next time your attending a football game that is related to Floyd Central. I’d be happy to speak in person. I know coach Hess has soo mentioned meeting you as well. It’s all civil. I was able to iron out issues with the Floyd Central coaches by doing this.

22 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I’m not calling you out. I’m just saying you give me a hard time on this board. Let us know the next time your attending a football game that is related to Floyd Central. I’d be happy to speak in person. I know coach Hess has soo mentioned meeting you as well. It’s all civil. I was able to iron out issues with the Floyd Central coaches by doing this.

Dude I’ve offered to buy the first round multiple times. 

Week 9 Predictions

5A #4/#5 Bloomington South (6-1) at Seymour (6-2): For the first time in 28 years, the Panthers and the Owls will face off on the gridiron. What was once a conference game back in the now-defunct South Central Conference is just a tune-up for a potential rematch in the sectional 15 championship game. As far as the series between these two teams goes, Bloomington South leads 10-6. I expect them to beat Seymour for a third straight time. BHSS gets the win.

Columbus East (4-4, 4-1 HHC) at Bedford North Lawrence (4-4, 4-1 HHC): Big implications in this game as the winner will be HHC champions (along with Seymour). The Stars are looking for their first conference title in 16 years while the Olympians hope to end their two year “drought”. East leads the series 40-11 and has won the last 17 games. BNL is definitely capable of winning this game but I feel less confident in them after last week’s loss at Madison. East wins.

Jeffersonville (1-6, 0-5 HHC) at Jennings County (2-6, 1-4 HHC): What originally looked like an automatic win two weeks ago does not look the same now. With the Panthers’ upset win over Floyd Central last week and their close loss at Seymour the week prior, the Red Devils come into this game knowing it won’t be a walk in the park trying to pick up their first conference win. Jennings County trails in this series 30-5 and has dropped the last 11 games. Jeff’s athleticism is always tough on them but I think they break through. Jennings County wins.

New Albany (2-6, 2-3 HHC) at Floyd Central (3-5, 2-3 HHC): What a difference two weeks make. After knocking off Columbus East at home on September 23rd and putting themselves in position for their first HHC championship in 19 years, the Highlanders dropped back-to-back road games against BNL and Jennings County. Now, they’re fighting to avoid a potential fifth-place tie with the Panthers. Floyd Central leads the rivalry series 29-25 against the Bulldogs and is looking to avenge the two losses they took from New Albany last year. Rivalry games can definitely be hard to predict. It also doesn’t help that Floyd Central is having injury issues so I’m not even sure who they’ll have available for the game. Nevertheless, I don’t trust that porous New Albany defense to plug the holes. The Highlanders win.

19 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Dude I’ve offered to buy the first round multiple times. 

We’ll do it man. We’ll talk football sometime.

13 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

You’re too civil. I was hoping Rip Rogers had taught you a few holds to use on @Fkfootball. 😂 I jest.

Well I didn’t have any intention of being in an altercation with I.O. 😆. Just wanna talk football. The man does know some things, and I’m always willing to listen and learn.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

Brian Personett AKA Impartial Observer AKA IO beat me to my response. Since you are big on facts. JC's QB that also starts on defense as well was out the second half of the Seymour game and all of the FC game and replaced him with a (wait for it) 14 YEAR OLD FRESHMAN. JC didnt complain about injuries after the Seymour loss because it's part of the game. Done with this lets move on.

1 hour ago, Sergio said:

Brian Personett AKA Impartial Observer AKA IO beat me to my response. Since you are big on facts. JC's QB that also starts on defense as well was out the second half of the Seymour game and all of the FC game and replaced him with a (wait for it) 14 YEAR OLD FRESHMAN. JC didnt complain about injuries after the Seymour loss because it's part of the game. Done with this lets move on.

I don’t mean anything personally towards Jennings County. But they were 1-6 coming into that game. That’s a bad loss for Floyd Central. They are literally 3 plays away from being (6-2, 5-0) and yes, injuries have played a huge part in that. It’s my hope that in the off-season, Coach Bragg will look very hard to see if there is something he can do to address that.