Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 2

Outlook on Week 2:

The Castle and MD game should be very competitive. Pretty sure it went into OT last year and the Wildcats won on a last second play. I didn't hear much about the Wongler kid from Castle. According to Courier and Press, he is a 4 star prospect and had a TON of plays in their scrimmage. Also, I saw the Quinn kid (girl kicker) had a great night. I still think it's a PR stunt by Hurt. Not falling for it. Give me MD -3.

Give me Central -14. I heard that they have some good athletes. Just young and inexperienced. Hopefully Bosse can bounce back from their week 1 loss against VL.

The Warriors have a lot of work to do. From the highlights that I saw on Twitter, Jasper looks even better than last year. Hopefully that actually translates to postseason success. Just make sure you don't hit the Harrison QB too hard, their coach may pull the whole team off the field again. Jasper by 3+ scores.

North vs Memorial (the overrated bowl) should be a good one. From the earlier posts, looks like Memorial fans have informed us of their missing players. 

Reitz may be the most athletic team in the SIAC. However, my sources have told me that their defense is atrocious. This doesn't take away from their really cool and fancy twitter posts about "DB Island". I think VL gives them a game in the first half.... but Reitz dominates in the second half. Reitz by 2 scores.

Edited by Irishman
Posting hearsay about injuries.
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

If that is the case, North might be using their 3rd string QB Friday night 

Yes, not good news for the Huskies. However, I did hear that they got a transfer QB this summer. Apparently the kid goes by Nach Zero. Pretty good player from what I've heard.

Nach Zero.jpg

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Titan_Glory said:

Yes, not good news for the Huskies. However, I did hear that they got a transfer QB this summer. Apparently the kid goes by Nach Zero. Pretty good player from what I've heard.

Nach Zero.jpg

Heard Zero has offers from Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State. Very, very good player

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Another top 15 matchup in the SIAC!

4A#12 Memorial at 5A#15 North

This game is interesting. Sounds like both squads will have guys missing. Does Memorial's offense get rolling? Can North defend against the air game (Castle QB had over 200 yards). Will St. Louis have another big game on the ground with the potential of North being on their 3rd string QB? Another addition to this game is all of the North/Memorial connections with coaches and players. How does the Memorial faithful feel about this important week 2 game?

52 minutes ago, Titan_Glory said:

This game is interesting. Sounds like both squads will have guys missing. Does Memorial's offense get rolling? Can North defend against the air game (Castle QB had over 200 yards). Will St. Louis have another big game on the ground with the potential of North being on their 3rd string QB? Another addition to this game is all of the North/Memorial connections with coaches and players. How does the Memorial faithful feel about this important week 2 game?

The famous Juan Jurley is faithful this Friday

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 8:22 AM, tango said:

Not recently, at least by anyone who has been involved in the boards that govern the school through the diocese. Geographically Memorial is very close to the center of Evansville as is and building a new school solely from private capital contributions would be next to impossible. Both schools have very loyal alumni bases that support their school at very high levels. If either school closed, there might be some migration to the other, but by and large most of the migration would be to public schools. SIG School would pull non-athletes from both. If either closed, the trickle down effect to the feeder parishes would be significant. Mater Dei has had good, strong leadership for some time. Finally, after several years of very poor President/Principal leadership, Memorial has new people in place and the energy in the building and in the school community is very high. Our enrollment should continue to increase as it did this year for the foreseeable future.    

What I think would happen if the diocese was ever forced to look at scarce education funding issues is that both schools might cease being "parochial" (supported in part by the parishes) and become "private" (no diocesan support). This is the same as what they have in Indy with Cathedral (private) and Chatard, Scecina, Ritter, Roncalli (all parochial). I would have no problem with Memorial cutting ties to the diocese and being a private school like Cathedral. Being tied at the hip might in some ways be a detriment to each school in different ways.  

It is definitely an interesting thought. Raises lots of issues and ramifications. 

With the state voucher program in full effect I don’t see how MD and Memorial ever not have the capacity they want.  

6 minutes ago, AW0352 said:

With the state voucher program in full effect I don’t see how MD and Memorial ever not have the capacity they want.  

I agree, but think there are a number of reasons why they are under-utilized: (1) Even with the voucher there is a cost; (2) pride - some people are embarrassed to seek financial help; (3) the disciplinary and academic expectations placed on students scares some people away; (4) some non-Catholics might fear their kid is going to get indoctrinated into the Catholic church (they are required to take 8 semesters of theology, but nobody tries to convert them to Catholicism); (5) despite efforts to educate the community that the voucher has been greatly expanded (too far IMO), some parents still do not know, or are uninterested, or do want to get off the path they are accustomed to traveling; and (6) As you know, we also have some very good public schools - Castle, EVSC, SIG. As a community we are pretty fortunate. 

2 hours ago, Titan_Glory said:

How does the Memorial faithful feel about this important week 2 game?

Let's see, it is Wednesday, so < looks at Lou Holtz planner > our only chance is if we play mistake-free ball and catch some lucky breaks. 

9 hours ago, Titan_Glory said:

How does the Memorial faithful feel about this important week 2 game?

Tigers are feeling extremely nervous. I know Coach Hurley felt this could be the Memorial team to finally beat the Huskies and maybe even make some noice in the tournament.  
Just hope the winner can get out of the overrated category. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Gotta love a new Titan poster jumping on the siac week 2 games to announce the overrated bowl.  Lol 

Looks like I hit a sore spot with Sir Screagle (by the way it's Screaming Eagles.... this guy must be a millennial or something). Now excuse me while I admire this 2021 state championship trophy with my signed Brady Allen poster. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Titan_Glory said:

Looks like I hit a sore spot with Sir Screagle (by the way it's Screaming Eagles.... this guy must be a millennial or something). Now excuse me while I admire this 2021 state championship trophy with my signed Brady Allen poster. 

Finally getting that post-season title to put on the letter jacket is a lot better than the PAC titles and Hometeam Fridays POW patches, isn't it?

Edited by tango
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Titan_Glory said:

Not at all. More comical than anything. Such a special feeling to enjoy a state title and even more special to get a signed poster.  I have a State Championship Tshirt worn by Branson Combs. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, tango said:

Finally getting that post-season title to put on the letter jacket is a lot better than the PAC titles and Hometeam Fridays POW patches, isn't it?

Sir Screagle.... Indiana high school football began in 2021, everything before that was a mistake. Memorial coaches were out toughed in their semi-state game last year. While Lidy was wearing cargo shorts in sub-zero weather, Hurley had hand warmers taped to his nipples. I hope Memorial proves me wrong, they have been a great representative of southwestern Indiana.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Not at all. More comical than anything. Such a special feeling to enjoy a state title and even more special to get a signed poster.  I have a State Championship Tshirt worn by Branson Combs. 

That's a heck of an item right there! Do you fill it in like he does?

2 hours ago, Titan_Glory said:

Titan glory hole, your trophy and poster have nothing on my stone cold Steve Austin signed PBR beer can and my back to back to back championships on tecmo super bowl…keep trying.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Moonshiners said:

Titan glory hole, your trophy and poster have nothing on my stone cold Steve Austin signed PBR beer can and my back to back to back championships on tecmo super bowl…keep trying.

If you are serious about that Stone cold can Id be interested in a deal. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Moonshiners said:

That is impressive... the only thing that I may consider trading for is a Busch Light can drank and signed by Mike Goebel. 

• Like 1

Folks, please do not post hearsay about specific injuries. If it's published, that is one thing, but don't just post "I heard...." Published includes if the player or parent has posted on social media, or if there is an actual news story. Please include the link. Otherwise, every person has a right to provacy regarding specific injuries. You may see that I edited posts; and that is the reason why. 

Thanks

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Folks, please do not post hearsay about specific injuries. If it's published, that is one thing, but don't just post "I heard...." Published includes if the player or parent has posted on social media, or if there is an actual news story. Please include the link. Otherwise, every person has a right to provacy regarding specific injuries. You may see that I edited posts; and that is the reason why. 

Thanks

☝️What he said

• Like 1