Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 9

42 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Sounds like Mater Dei has to play somewhere else for their sectional home game, since Reitz is also at home too

MD will play Friday, field TBD. They have ‘hosted’ first round games at North Posey and Gibson Southern in previous years IIRC.

I would imagine they will host at Central, since they are playing at Reitz. 5A has a week off, so both North and Castle would be available as well. 

14 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

MD will play Friday, field TBD. They have ‘hosted’ first round games at North Posey and Gibson Southern in previous years IIRC.

I would imagine they will host at Central, since they are playing at Reitz. 5A has a week off, so both North and Castle would be available as well. 

I cannot imagine MD would want to play at Castle. Grass, huge crown, etc. I bet it's at Central..

40 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I completely forgot 5A/6A have a bye week, game will likely be at Central or North

10 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

MD will play at Central 

Somewhat off topic, but does anyone know what happened to Herman Byers Ghost on twitter? I really enjoyed following him, but he seems to have < gulp > vanished... I thought for sure he would be back with the Panthers resurgence this season.

49 minutes ago, GrayingPanther said:

Must have dropped in on the week 10 thread - lol.  Any thoughts on Reitz “at”  MD?  MD on a four game streak and looking good.

By the way, did Davies injure his throwing or non-throwing shoulder?  He doesn’t seem 100% yet (based only on highlights).

Transplanted said that he hasn’t been 100% in the 2H of the season cause of his shoulder. Courier and Press also said the same thing. I would assume, he injured his throwing shoulder since he was out against Central/Castle and only played a couple of snaps against Memorial before Vera took over. I saw he started against Bosse and didn’t have the best night too

24 minutes ago, tango said:

Somewhat off topic, but does anyone know what happened to Herman Byers Ghost on twitter? I really enjoyed following him, but he seems to have < gulp > vanished... I thought for sure he would be back with the Panthers resurgence this season.

Real question is to what happened to JuanJurley, out of the blue his account was deactivated 

56 minutes ago, GrayingPanther said:

Must have dropped in on the week 10 thread - lol.  Any thoughts on Reitz “at”  MD?  MD on a four game streak and looking good.

By the way, did Davies injure his throwing or non-throwing shoulder?  He doesn’t seem 100% yet (based only on highlights).

It was throwing shoulder and I agree, don't think he is 100% yet. It seems like they have been easing him back into it and hoping for progress. I guess we will find out Friday - see how he does on a big stage against MD. I would think Reitz is really hoping this is the game he shows progress as they head into sectionals. Although as we have seen, they can be just as or more dangerous with Vera at QB, it just limits their deep play ability with those WR weapons.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrayingPanther said:

Heard he was only about 80% against Bosse. But he has improved every week so far. 

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Heard he was only about 80% against Bosse. But he has improved every week so far. 

I was able to see the Memorial game (I live in VA now).  He didn’t look good early - before he got pulled.  And the  highlight of an interception vs Bosse looked badly under thrown.  They can get it done with Davies or Vera, which is good to know.

The only feed for the game I see is:

Reitz (8-0) at Mater Dei (6-2), 7 p.m. | WREF-97.7FM 

I guess no hope for streaming.

5 minutes ago, GrayingPanther said:

I was able to see the Memorial game (I live in VA now).  He didn’t look good early - before he got pulled.  And the  highlight of an interception vs Bosse looked badly under thrown.  They can get it done with Davies or Vera, which is good to know.

The only feed for the game I see is:

Reitz (8-0) at Mater Dei (6-2), 7 p.m. | WREF-97.7FM 

I guess no hope for streaming.

No HTF game of the week? That is surprising 

Reitz "at" Mater Dei, lots of questions in this one, throw the records out for this one judging from years prior. Should be a packed crowd and a heck of a game, question for Mater Dei is whether they are able to keep it up with Reitz, as MD does have a large amount of 2-way players, unlike Reitz. Going to be a lot of passing in this game for Mater Dei in my opinion. 

28 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Reitz "at" Mater Dei, lots of questions in this one, throw the records out for this one judging from years prior. Should be a packed crowd and a heck of a game, question for Mater Dei is whether they are able to keep it up with Reitz, as MD does have a large amount of 2-way players, unlike Reitz. Going to be a lot of passing in this game for Mater Dei in my opinion. 

The 2-way players could be an issue for MD.  Brunson has been good at 2nd half adjustments (i.e., Castle and Memorial). Especially in the running game in both cases. 

Mason Wunderlich is huge and Pierre is talented.  MD has some weapons. It will be a tussle for sure.

Edited by GrayingPanther

1 hour ago, GrayingPanther said:

The 2-way players could be an issue for MD.  Brunson has been good at 2nd half adjustments (i.e., Castle and Memorial). Especially in the running game in both cases. 

Mason Wunderlich is huge and Pierre is talented.  MD has some weapons. It will be a tussle for sure.

Strong feeling that Reitz O will exploit it in the 2nd Half, as MD played about 5-7 2-way players against Memorial in Week 4

Edited by TigerFan20

MD can be there late with a chance to win if they can create a few turnovers and be efficient in 3rd down situations.  QB from MD needs to have a big game.  

key to week 9 for all teams….be healthy on Saturday morning.  

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1

Some small outlooks for the other games:

Bosse/Harrison is going to be a fun matchup regardless of record. Bosse has nice offensive talent in Wagner/Thomas/Hope. Harrison with a  nice trio or Brown/Terry/Jackson.

North/Central game won’t be as interesting in the years to come, as both teams are going opposite directions. The fun for this one is on Twitter unfortunately.

Vincennes/Jasper, oh boy this is going to be an interesting one, as Vincennes wants to make a statement before the start of the postseason. Whereas Jasper wants to keep riding into momentum with a likely matchup with Memorial in the future and a potential showdown against Jasper.

Castle/Memorial, oh boy both teams hate each other when this game is played. Will be interesting how the run game turns out in this one, especially in the trenches between Memorial’s OL and Castle’s DL. Both teams have lots of talent on each side of the ball, ranging from Castle’s Purdy to Memorial’s Johnson. This is going to be a very fun matchup in 48 hours.

Castle at Memorial - This one remains close all throughout but Memorial wins on a last drive TD.

Bosse at Harrison - Harrison wins this one by 3-4 scores and carries much-needed momentum into their sectional matchup.

North at Central - North runs the ball at will and wins by a lot.

Reitz at Mater Dei - Should be a big crowd and a great game. Mater Dei hangs tough for 2-3 quarters but Reitz is just too talented overall. Panthers stay undefeated and win by 2-3 scores.

Vincennes at Jasper - This could also be a close game and VL really needs a big momentum win headed into their matchup with GS. But I think Jasper wears them down and wins by a few scores.

Edited by Football Fanatic