Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DAC previews & predictions

14 hours ago, MC Dad said:

Dear Lord Cody please just stop. Crown Point and then what ever . But what does that mean in Indy  Skill ?   The DAC is so sub par. Nothing will change.

Cody aka dac88 hows your portal seams as if Hobart and CP have taken over. Your such a slap nut,  Valpo cream of the crop 5A unless God says No REPEAT.

City what a shame oh well.  Maybe Portage No one ever talks about LC unbelievable  Hey what the hell Go Pirates ! Cody have fun at Pet smart.

Funny thing is you guys still think I’m cody? Or parkhst? Everyone wants to talk returning starters doesn’t merrillville return 17? 18? They lost a QB/WR/S otherwise they had a bunch of juniors starting. And crown point is still overhyped. What have they done? They went undefeated and still couldn’t win a sectional. And that will repeat this year. God my kid plays for lake central. I know we will be okay but we aren’t gonna be a state contender. But you gotta play talented teams in scrimmages to test yourself. Valpo hasn’t scrimmaged anyone that actually has talent. I have no idea who merrillville has scrimmaged. I know they went to same camp at wabash? And I know they play my nephew next weekend when they scrimmage elkhart. But to say Valpo is head and shoulders the leader is a farce. 
you all do realize merrillville going for the TD in 1st half instead of the FG lost the game? That made FG wins the game. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Valpo controlled the 2nd half. But merrillville dominated the first. The game can been seen if you go back and watch it. Valpo won the game thays great. And who ever won that game was taking state. Just like this year who ever faces merrillville in the regional that’s the state title game. Truthfully I believe Michigan city takes Valpo out this year.. 

5 hours ago, Boilernation said:

The Gary and Hammond pipeline into Merrillville appears to have have been closed. It'll be interesting to see what Seiss can do without a well defined athletic advantage. 

They are getting transfers from westside/calumet/Griffith now. And they have 1 from lake central. The transfer portal is never closed for that school especially with the fact them and crown point are the only two schools in the area that will have certain things to offer the kids after next year (non athleticly) merrillville school is doing a massive expansion right now and is building a indoor sports facility next year like crown point did. But we will see how season plays out. I just hope the Tribe got .500 this year. 

On 7/13/2023 at 3:34 PM, DACNUT88 said:

Warsaw has been no match for the DAC. And recently FW hasn’t been either. Now the Indy schools in 6A maybe. 

Most of the DAC wins over SAC has been by Valpo. Yes they hold an edge over the SAC, but I wouldn't say it is a no match situation. 

4 hours ago, DACNUT88 said:

Funny thing is you guys still think I’m cody? Or parkhst? Everyone wants to talk returning starters doesn’t merrillville return 17? 18? They lost a QB/WR/S otherwise they had a bunch of juniors starting. And crown point is still overhyped. What have they done? They went undefeated and still couldn’t win a sectional. And that will repeat this year. God my kid plays for lake central. I know we will be okay but we aren’t gonna be a state contender. But you gotta play talented teams in scrimmages to test yourself. Valpo hasn’t scrimmaged anyone that actually has talent. I have no idea who merrillville has scrimmaged. I know they went to same camp at wabash? And I know they play my nephew next weekend when they scrimmage elkhart. But to say Valpo is head and shoulders the leader is a farce. 
you all do realize merrillville going for the TD in 1st half instead of the FG lost the game? That made FG wins the game. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Valpo controlled the 2nd half. But merrillville dominated the first. The game can been seen if you go back and watch it. Valpo won the game thays great. And who ever won that game was taking state. Just like this year who ever faces merrillville in the regional that’s the state title game. Truthfully I believe Michigan city takes Valpo out this year.. 

LOL...

1. On the first page of this thread you said your kid plays for Portage

2. It's clear the hype surrounding Crown Point and VAlpo winning state has really rubbed you the wrong way, which is what I would expect from Parkhurst. As well as flipping losses into moral victories making outlandish claims such as the Merrillville Regional game will be the State Championship and that Michigan City, under a new coach, is going to take Valpo out. 

You be you man. Please don't ever change.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, psaboy said:

Most of the DAC wins over SAC has been by Valpo. Yes they hold an edge over the SAC, but I wouldn't say it is a no match situation. 

Valpo is 3-2 vs Snider and 1-0 vs Dwenger. Snider is 2-0 vs Merrillville. The DAC only holds an edge over the SAC in head to head matchups, which are very few and far between. They don't hold any kind of edge over the SAC as a whole.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DACNUT88 said:

And who ever won that game was taking state. Just like this year who ever faces merrillville in the regional that’s the state title game. 

You're so far removed from reality it's insulting. 

28 minutes ago, BTF said:

Valpo is 3-2 vs Snider and 1-0 vs Dwenger. Snider is 2-0 vs Merrillville. The DAC only holds an edge over the SAC in head to head matchups, which are very few and far between. They don't hold any kind of edge over the SAC as a whole.

Hey, I did a quick scan of last 20 years and seemed DAC maybe had 1 win more total in matchups. 

3 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Hey, I did a quick scan of last 20 years and seemed DAC maybe had 1 win more total in matchups. 

Good work. The former SAC was probably matched evenly with the DAC. With the addition of Carroll and Homestead, I think it's a no contest. 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 11:50 PM, MC Dad said:

Dear Lord Cody please just stop. Crown Point and then what ever . But what does that mean in Indy  Skill ?   The DAC is so sub par. Nothing will change.

Cody aka dac88 hows your portal seams as if Hobart and CP have taken over. Your such a slap nut,  Valpo cream of the crop 5A unless God says No REPEAT.

City what a shame oh well.  Maybe Portage No one ever talks about LC unbelievable  Hey what the hell Go Pirates ! Cody have fun at Pet smart.

you all do realize merrillville going for the TD in 1st half instead of the FG lost the game? That made FG wins the game. 🤷🏾‍♂️ Valpo controlled the 2nd half. But merrillville dominated the first. The game can been seen if you go back and watch it. Valpo won the game thays great. And who ever won that game was taking state. Just like this year who ever faces merrillville in the regional that’s the state title game. Truthfully I believe Michigan city takes Valpo out this year.. 

Thats because your are you jack ass. Pet Smart is to good for  you. You act like you have connections. Your a clerk at Pet Smart who hangs around Merrillville Football ??? Your a pos and thats being nice .   

18 hours ago, BTF said:

Over last 5-7 years the quality of talent has been majorly in the DAC favor. And if y’all wanna know who I am just ask. 

my name is Don Pavichevich 😂 I’m a merrillville fan but I’m definitely not cody 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, psaboy said:

Why so much hate, I wonder sometime??

Mc dad must be someone that has no life when he is attacking a guy not on the page that was banned last football season. And the kid don’t work a Petsmart anymore. He actually works for the school. I know that because he was working for the school last year. 🤷🏽‍♂️ kid used to sit and watch games but hasn’t been able to because he is working them. 

9 hours ago, psaboy said:

Why so much hate, I wonder sometime??

Imma take a guess mc dad is Gresham that talked crap years ago to him and got put in his place then he blocked cody because Cody dished it back and he couldn’t take it 

34 minutes ago, DACNUT88 said:

Over last 5-7 years the quality of talent has been majorly in the DAC favor. And if y’all wanna know who I am just ask. 

my name is Don Pavichevich 😂 I’m a merrillville fan but I’m definitely not cody 

Majorly? Maybe if I find time I'll research the D1 guys who came out of the SAC vs the DAC over the last 7 years. I'm guess the SAC has the edge in that department. Majorly is a powerful word without any research on the topic. 

13 minutes ago, BTF said:

Majorly? Maybe if I find time I'll research the D1 guys who came out of the SAC vs the DAC over the last 7 years. I'm guess the SAC has the edge in that department. Majorly is a powerful word without any research on the topic. 

Merrillville the last 5 years has 7? Or 8? Just from them. Valpo I know has 6-7

crown point has at least 4-5 

Chesterton had a few. It’s definitely an interesting topic. But I think if you got last 10 years the DAC has it for football. Now if you combine all sports I have no idea. Because the DAC is deep in a lot of sports like wrestling/baseball/softball/ basketball (girls) im Sure FW is too 

Btw everyone should check the FB page because Cody called y’all out lol 😂 I told y’all he wasn’t on this page 

17 minutes ago, DACNUT88 said:

Chesterton had a few. It’s definitely an interesting topic. But I think if you got last 10 years the DAC has it for football. 

Not so fast my friend..with the addition of Homestead and Carroll the sac has produced just as many if not more than dac..Snider itself has produced double digits the last 5 years

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Justasportsfan said:

Not so fast my friend..with the addition of Homestead and Carroll the sac has produced just as many if not more than dac..Snider itself has produced double digits the last 5 years

I'm not sure there's any debating that guy. He gets his mind set on one sided opinions from the perspective of a fan coming out of NW Indiana.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DACNUT88 said:

Merrillville the last 5 years has 7? Or 8? Just from them. Valpo I know has 6-7

crown point has at least 4-5 

Chesterton had a few. It’s definitely an interesting topic. But I think if you got last 10 years the DAC has it for football. Now if you combine all sports I have no idea. Because the DAC is deep in a lot of sports like wrestling/baseball/softball/ basketball (girls) im Sure FW is too 

Btw everyone should check the FB page because Cody called y’all out lol 😂 I told y’all he wasn’t on this page 

What FB page?

7 hours ago, psaboy said:

If you know the count, please provide names to verify. 

I’ll say the ones I know off the top of my head for merrillville. 

merrillville: 

jo jo Johnson: Notre dame(tore ACL)  then transfer to IU 

dierre Kelly (bowling green)

justin Marshall (Colorado state) 

Lavarion logan ( Illinois state)

kenneth grant (Michigan) 

Jordan Magee (Toledo then transferred out of D1 to Marion university) probably should of been there in 1st place.

phillip gunn: ball state 

jerimiah Howard: northern Illinois 

Peter Rodriguez: started at auroura university and then walked on a played at IU. 

Martes Lewis: university of Minnesota. 

justin Ramsey: ball state 

Here is a link to all of merrillvilles college athletes for just football all levels! These are where they started not where they finished either. But 60% finished in D2 or NAIA which is cool. Any extra education is great. Link also can take you to view all the other sports at merrillville and who went where. 

https://merrillvillepirates.com/sports/2020/4/29/football-alumni.aspx?id=179

Valpo and crown point I know both have at least 5-6 in the last few years. But don’t really feel like looking them all up 😂

22 minutes ago, DACNUT88 said:

I’ll say the ones I know off the top of my head for merrillville. 

merrillville: 

jo jo Johnson: Notre dame(tore ACL)  then transfer to IU 

dierre Kelly (bowling green)

justin Marshall (Colorado state) 

Lavarion logan ( Illinois state)

kenneth grant (Michigan) 

Jordan Magee (Toledo then transferred out of D1 to Marion university) probably should of been there in 1st place.

phillip gunn: ball state 

jerimiah Howard: northern Illinois 

Peter Rodriguez: started at auroura university and then walked on a played at IU. 

Martes Lewis: university of Minnesota. 

justin Ramsey: ball state 

Here is a link to all of merrillvilles college athletes for just football all levels! These are where they started not where they finished either. But 60% finished in D2 or NAIA which is cool. Any extra education is great. Link also can take you to view all the other sports at merrillville and who went where. 

https://merrillvillepirates.com/sports/2020/4/29/football-alumni.aspx?id=179

Valpo and crown point I know both have at least 5-6 in the last few years. But don’t really feel like looking them all up 😂

Quite a list. How can a school with so many D1 recruits struggle so much?