Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Anyone care to make some preseason predictions on the 2023 Hoosier North Athletic Conference football standing?

Here are the final 2022 HNAC football standings

LaVille 7-0

North Judson 6-1

Knox 5-2

Triton 4-3

Culver 3-4

Pioneer 2-5

Winamac 1-6

Caston 0-7

Does anyone go undefeated?

Does LaVille go back to back

Is this a year for a shared conference championship?  If so, who?

What say you?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

I think overall it is going to be really competitive and honestly probably the most competitive that the conference will ever be once Knox and LaVille depart at the end of the school year. The road is a long road, but it's going to be a fun year and cannot wait to see how the year plays out. 

I would think the top 4 from last year will be there again.  But maybe not in that order.  Could this be the year Knox runs the table?  Don't they have a pretty good RB returning?  Triton could have contended with Schuh, but without him they I'm not convinced they'll be contenting for the top.  They do have a pretty good sophomore back to jump in!  But I don't see him carrying the load like Schuh would have done.  

My early guess would put LaVille back at the top, followed by Knox and NJ.  

New coaches at Laville, Culver, Triton, 

Those teams plus NJ lost a lot to graduation and retirement 

how will new coaches change/shape those teams

Knox probably is early slight favorite. 

Laville and Triton QB’s prob early favorites for POY 

1 hour ago, FinePrint said:

I would think the top 4 from last year will be there again.  But maybe not in that order.  Could this be the year Knox runs the table?  Don't they have a pretty good RB returning?  Triton could have contended with Schuh, but without him they I'm not convinced they'll be contenting for the top.  They do have a pretty good sophomore back to jump in!  But I don't see him carrying the load like Schuh would have done.  

My early guess would put LaVille back at the top, followed by Knox and NJ.  

Any word on why Schuh isnt playing?

On 8/4/2023 at 12:43 PM, Oldschool said:

I still think Laville is team to beat in the Hnac,  but a lot of Seniors graduated on all the top teams so it will be interesting to see how the new players step up into their new staring roles!  Should be a fun, competitive year in the conference!

LaVille has a steep task ahead of them!!  How do they replace so many guys on both sides of the ball??  New coach....new bodies...will be seriously tested week 2 against Triton!!!

I like Knox to win the conference. However, that quarterback for the Lancers is a stud. Judson is always going to be tough. I still think Triton will be competitive even tho they lost their best player. I think the team that will surprise a lot of people in the conference will be Caston. Wont be bottom of the conference this year I can promise you that.

On 8/11/2023 at 9:31 PM, Oldschool said:

How’d scrimmages go?  Manchester is not very good!

Pioneer looked interesting.

Best thing about starting a bunch of freshmen is they become sophomores.

Opening with Cass won’t be easy as it never is, but should be indicator for season. 

54 minutes ago, RingLeader said:

Pioneer looked interesting.

Best thing about starting a bunch of freshmen is they become sophomores.

Opening with Cass won’t be easy as it never is, but should be indicator for season. 

INTERESTING AS IN GOOD??   Heard Triton look very very good and to put them to the top of HNAC predictions..... Knox struggled with Tippy Valley.....

Interesting in that they are super young still but many players appear to have had a good off-season.  Finishing games was tough for them last year. In a lot of games (except Laville and maybe knox) but fell apart. Leadership and mental toughness is crucial to finishing games. Seem to be different this year. 

Didn’t help their youth last year that basically 4-5 teams in HNAC had their best teams in years (maybe ever) 

Interesting to see if growth and confidence will translate to Friday nights.