Head Coach Openings 2024 Γ—
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 3

1 hour ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Sloppy second half for Reitz. Late rushing TD gives them a 24-7 lead with two and a half left.Β 
Β 

Reitz defense is definitely their calling card this year.Β 

Agreed. Seemed like they’d roll early on. I do believe Reitz played without a few guys including Hayden Summers. Offense definitely struggled, and they had some redzone visits without points.Β 

Their defense is really, really good though, which bodes well for them. But their offense will have to get going if they want to make a playoff run.Β 

38 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Bosse πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€πŸ‘€

I thought they could score enough to keep up but questioned whether they could get enough stops. Result still surprises me a bit though. I also wonder if Castle’s defense isn’t too good? I believe Bosse visits Jasper next week and think they could potentially win that one.Β 

1 minute ago, MHSTigerFan said:

How about Alex Broshears with the β€œWelcome to SIAC football, cuz” Pick 6 of his freshman cousin Hunter on the 2nd play of the game?

I’m sure family dinners will be fun with some cousinly love

11 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

I thought they could score enough to keep up but questioned whether they could get enough stops. Result still surprises me a bit though. I also wonder if Castle’s defense isn’t too good? I believe Bosse visits Jasper next week and think they could potentially win that one.Β 

Looks like Wagner had over 500 yards tonight

https://x.com/bossebulldogs/status/1697811516626485346?s=46&t=0mbJ_TT4MQ8KZKv29ZqhSg

Bosse's QB is a stud. On routes, their WR seemed to give up on plays, which is bad with a mobile QB. A little surprised VL didn't win bigger against MD. What's the story? Central won't win a game.

Edited by tango

Impressed with what Bosse was able to do tonight. You could really see the potential in their offense Week 1.Β  I didn't expect quite what we've seen the last 2 weeks, but not totally shocked either. Going to be interesting to see how they continue to improve over the next 6 weeks.Β 

Β 

Lincoln/MD...

I'll admit this one was a little closer than what the Alices probably envisioned.Β  Lincoln got out to a 14-0 lead by the end of 1 and looked like they might comfortably pull away with no sign of resistance from MD.Β Β But from the 2nd q on, it was a totally different ball game. Not sure who started at QB for the Wildcats against Castle, but Tate Mallory was exceptional tonight. There were numerous plays where Lincoln was in a good defense/coverage and he simply made a great throw or got to the edge when protection broke down.Β  Had me shaking my head thinking he's only a sophomore.Β 

But in the end, VL seemed to make all the plays when they needed them to keep MD at arms length. No doubt there are things that need improved upon, but they were able to win an ugly game on the road against a quality program.Β 

• Like 1

Really surprised with the MD/VL and Castle/Bosse scores. Β  Β There cannot be enough said about the Bosse QB’s athletic ability. Β Β 
Mallory was the QB who played against Castle. Β  He is listed as a Soph on paper…. That’s all that I will say about that. Β 

1 hour ago, AW0352 said:

Really surprised with the MD/VL and Castle/Bosse scores. Β  Β There cannot be enough said about the Bosse QB’s athletic ability. Β Β 
Mallory was the QB who played against Castle. Β  He is listed as a Soph on paper…. That’s all that I will say about that. Β 

AWO, any insight last night to Castle/Bosse game? Looks like Wagner pretty much did everything for BosseΒ 

9 hours ago, tango said:

Bosse's QB is a stud. On routes, their WR seemed to give up on plays, which is bad with a mobile QB. A little surprised VL didn't win bigger against MD. What's the story? Central won't win a game.

MD actually had a 3rd and goal from the 2 on their 2nd possession of 3rd qtr, trailing 28 - 12.Β  However, a bad snap put the Cats back on the 22 for 4th down.Β  BIG play there.Β  They would eventually score again with about 4 mins to go in game to close within 28 - 20, never saw the ball again.Β  Honestly, the game never "felt" this close but MD had several chances to make it so.Β  They shot themselves in the foot with bad snaps, dropped passes, bad throws to WIDE OPEN WRs, etc.Β Youth brings energy but also inconsistency.Β  The Cats ran the ball well last night and they may need to be a run first offense this year to help set up better passing downs/distance situations for Mallory.Β Β 

Again, MD has more sophs than juniors playing significant minutes on both sides of the ball so they are still figuring some things out.Β  It was a different game after the 1st qtr but MD made several unforced errors on O that kept them in a hole.Β  Defense looks like it will eventually be ok but offense may well be the limiting factor for MD this year.Β  The Cats may need to keep games in high teens, low 20's to find more "Ws" this year in the City & SIAC.Β  BIG challenge.

3 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

AWO, any insight last night to Castle/Bosse game? Looks like Wagner pretty much did everything for BosseΒ 

Wagner basically was in video game mode all night. Β  Β If you can contain him you will win by multiple TDs. Β  Β If you don’t contain him then your Defense is in for a long night. Β 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

I’m sure family dinners will be fun with some cousinly love

Looks like Wagner had over 500 yards tonight

https://x.com/bossebulldogs/status/1697811516626485346?s=46&t=0mbJ_TT4MQ8KZKv29ZqhSg

I’m sure every D coordinator is Β sweeting trying to figure out how to stop Bosse QB. A quick glance at their stats though looks like the RB and multiple WR are putting up good stats as well. Any team that puts up 40+ on Castle with their 30 coaches and 70 players is legit. Anytime a usually bottom feeder school competes I am all for it. Better for SIAC.Β 

• Like 2