Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #4

On 9/6/2023 at 6:28 AM, BTF said:

Carmel fascinates me. Tied 7-7 going into the final quarter against Homestead and finally winning on a pick-6. Homestead proceeds to get embarrassed by Noblesville the following week. Is Carmel good, bad, or average. How good is Detroit King? Trinity? Maybe Carmel is a wait and see until Week 5?

I thought about asking this same question. Hard to get a read from as far away as I am but glad I'm not the only one with the same observation.

On 9/6/2023 at 9:28 AM, BTF said:

Carmel fascinates me. Tied 7-7 going into the final quarter against Homestead and finally winning on a pick-6. Homestead proceeds to get embarrassed by Noblesville the following week. Is Carmel good, bad, or average. How good is Detroit King? Trinity? Maybe Carmel is a wait and see until Week 5?

IMG 56, Ben Davis 14 (hope I'm wrong)

Center Grove big.

Warren Central by a touchdown.

You got Warren Central right. The Warriors won by a touchdown 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Warren Central beats Lawrence Central 25-16 and reclaims the Railroad Lantern trophy. The Warriors are 2-2 going into the 99th Circle City Showdown against Ben Davis next week

I may have been wrong about the Warriors after all…more so I was wrong about LC…that Westfield battle seems to have been fool’s gold…unless I was also wrong about WESTFIELD, lol?

Also, what in the hell is the Railroad Lantern trophy?

3 hours ago, temptation said:

I may have been wrong about the Warriors after all…more so I was wrong about LC…that Westfield battle seems to have been fool’s gold…unless I was also wrong about WESTFIELD, lol?

I am glad it is not me doing a top 25 this week. IMO, positions 2+ are just a jumble mess.

• Haha 1

Moeller really shocked me in almost toppling Center Grove...especially on the road. That must have been quite a game. 

Really proud of Ben Davis. No such thing as moral victories, I know, but the defense looked pretty darn tough to deal with when you consider who's playing on that offensive line for IMG. Giants got down 21-0 and then clawed their way back in. Missed some opportunites to really make IMG sweat. IMG is IMG though. Those kids are pulling in all those offers for a reason. You make a tiny error, and it can be a gaping wound in no time.

8 hours ago, temptation said:

https://twitter.com/WarriorNation_1/status/1700335917855105172?s=20

On 9/9/2023 at 10:48 AM, BDGiant93 said:

I really expected LC to take a step forward this year as a program given all the people returning. Obviously, losing to LN and WC is not a jaw dropping surprise, but does anyone have any insight as to why LC is struggling this year?

In the last 2 games LC has really gotten pushed around at the line of scrimmage.  Our offensive line isn't giving QB Bryson Luter any time to throw and isn't opening any holes for our running backs.  Our defensive front 7 isn't getting any pass rush on the QB and keeps getting gashed for long runs out of the backfield.  Our special teams has done a poor job of covering kicks and have been constantly allowing long returns.  We do have injuries to key players like WR Ahmaad Duff and LB Mateo Russell, but that's not an excuse as the players that are on the field need to do their damn jobs.  Turning the season around starts with giving a great effort in practice every day, being a lot more physical at the line of scrimmage, and frankly just wanting to win more than their opponent on gameday.

• Like 1