Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Week #4

17-4 on the season.

Carmel @ Trinity (KY):  The 'Hounds got back on track last week with a blowout win over King (MI) and now will travel south to take on a Trinity (KY) team that seems to be a shell of its former self as they are under .500 and were blown out by Center Grove last week.  I expect a low scoring slugfest here.  Gimme Carmel 20-14.

IMG Academy (FL) @ Ben Davis:  Let me be clear here...I am more intrigued by this game than I was a month ago and am NOT enough of a Hoosier homer to take the Giants here but I do think they can hold their own for at least a half.  I would love nothing more than to be wrong here but I'm taking the visitors fairly comfortably.   IMG has 20+ 3/4 star guys loaded with SEC/P5 offers.  BD maybe has a half dozen guys who are 3+ star quality.  IMG wins 38-17.

Lawrence North @ North Central:  The Panthers, putting it kindly, are becoming an extra bye week for MIC schools.  Lawrence North was a big surprise winner in my book last week and can get away with a let down game as NC won't provide much resistance.  Wildcats here 34-7.

Moeller (OH) @ Center Grove:  Man, Moeller will be happy to see some teams from the Buckeye state though I am not sure they will fare much better once they cross state lines.  They will exit Greenwood 1-3 against Indiana competition after Friday night and were thought to be a pretty damn good team.  That's a testament to Indiana high school football in my opinion.  Center Grove will continue to do what they do and get better each week.  Trojans win here 38-14.

Pike @ Southport:  I really have no pulse on this game as both teams are struggling mightily.  I will go with Pike but I am not confident about it.  Red Devils win here 23-21.

Warren Central @ Lawrence Central:  Warriors got a much needed first win at home against NC last week whereas LC was beaten by their township rival.  LC has sorta flipped the script here and is the favorite in this east side rivalry.  I am betting the Bears can't wait to hit the field for this one to get the taste of disappointment from last week out of their mouths.  Its close early and then the damn breaks.  LC wins 30-20.

What say you?

Edited by temptation

Carmel fascinates me. Tied 7-7 going into the final quarter against Homestead and finally winning on a pick-6. Homestead proceeds to get embarrassed by Noblesville the following week. Is Carmel good, bad, or average. How good is Detroit King? Trinity? Maybe Carmel is a wait and see until Week 5?

IMG 56, Ben Davis 14 (hope I'm wrong)

Center Grove big.

Warren Central by a touchdown.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BTF said:

Carmel fascinates me. Tied 7-7 going into the final quarter against Homestead and finally winning on a pick-6. Homestead proceeds to get embarrassed by Noblesville the following week. Is Carmel good, bad, or average. How good is Detroit King? Trinity? Maybe Carmel is a wait and see until Week 5?

IMG 56, Ben Davis 14 (hope I'm wrong)

Center Grove big.

Warren Central by a touchdown.

Man you want Warren to be good so badly for obvious reasons. 

I actually admire your consistency.

Edited by temptation

18 minutes ago, temptation said:

Man you want Warren to be good so badly for obvious reasons. 

I actually admire your consistency.

And you want the to be bad for the same.

I still respect your poll, I think you do good work with that. And I still think Warren will be Top 25 by seasons end. One of us will eat crow. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

And you want the to be bad for the same.

I still respect your poll, I think you do good work with that. And I still think Warren will be Top 25 by seasons end. One of us will eat crow. 

I don’t “want them to be bad” for any reason.  Even you’ve said “I call it like it see it.”  I’ve watched them 2.5 times this season.  They are a mess.  Fixable, but a mess.

You want Warren to be good because it further validates Snider and Carroll.  They don’t need any validation.  They are in my top 10/11 and most agree.  

I’ve said for years I wanted more parity in 6A and we finally have it.  I was Carroll’s biggest cheerleader last season.

3 hours ago, temptation said:

I don’t “want them to be bad” for any reason.  Even you’ve said “I call it like it see it.”  I’ve watched them 2.5 times this season.  They are a mess.  Fixable, but a mess.

You want Warren to be good because it further validates Snider and Carroll.  They don’t need any validation.  They are in my top 10/11 and most agree.  

I’ve said for years I wanted more parity in 6A and we finally have it.  I was Carroll’s biggest cheerleader last season.

I just think people are jumping the gun on Warren Central being "a mess." Maybe they just played two very good teams that made them look that way. I could be right, I could be wrong. We'll find out if Warren Central is as bad as you say they are in the coming weeks. I won't come on here and tell you I 'I told you so', but I will admit that I'm wrong if it comes down to it. Against Snider, their biggest issue was QB and WR's connecting. And when they did connect, they had several dropped passes. I can't speak for the Carroll game, but I know Carroll fans weren't impressed with the sloppy play of the Chargers. Either way, the Warriors were pretty close to a victory on your #12's home field. (I think that's where you had them)

And yes, I do want them to be good. It's been a few years since a team from Fort Wayne beat a good team from Indy. It would be nice to say we've registered three over the course of ten months. At least 10 of the top 12 teams are from Indy, it's just nice to have a small piece of the pie. 

23 minutes ago, BTF said:

I just think people are jumping the gun on Warren Central being "a mess." Maybe they just played two very good teams that made them look that way. I could be right, I could be wrong. We'll find out if Warren Central is as bad as you say they are in the coming weeks. I won't come on here and tell you I 'I told you so', but I will admit that I'm wrong if it comes down to it. Against Snider, their biggest issue was QB and WR's connecting. And when they did connect, they had several dropped passes. I can't speak for the Carroll game, but I know Carroll fans weren't impressed with the sloppy play of the Chargers. Either way, the Warriors were pretty close to a victory on your #12's home field. (I think that's where you had them)

And yes, I do want them to be good. It's been a few years since a team from Fort Wayne beat a good team from Indy. It would be nice to say we've registered three over the course of ten months. At least 10 of the top 12 teams are from Indy, it's just nice to have a small piece of the pie. 

Many of Warren’s issues are self-inflicted.  It’s taking nothing away from Carroll or Snider as they play a role but holding calls, personal fouls and pre-snap penalties have more so to do with internal issues than the opposition.

If I had just looked at the box scores, I could possibly make the case they just had a stinker against Snider and nearly pulled one out on the road against a talented Carroll squad…but I know better.

They folded like a tent and quit against Snider and Carroll was a true pillow fight where both teams couldn’t get out of their own way.

As I’ve stated, it’s fixable but tough against their schedule.  I’m not ruling out that it CAN be done but nothing points me in that direction right now.  Three weeks in a row is a pattern.

And, I’m not sure there will any “crow” to eat by either of us at the end of the season as top 25 polls/rankings are subjective.  Warren should still easily cruise through their sectional and then CG awaits…they can avoid them all they want in the regular season but there is no skipping them in the postseason.

Warren is staring 5-7 (best case scenario) straight in the face right now and I’m sorry…you have to win games to eventually crack the top 25.  It’s not a poll for moral victories.

Edited by temptation

5 hours ago, temptation said:

Many of Warren’s issues are self-inflicted.  It’s taking nothing away from Carroll or Snider as they play a role but holding calls, personal fouls and pre-snap penalties have more so to do with internal issues than the opposition.

If I had just looked at the box scores, I could possibly make the case they just had a stinker against Snider and nearly pulled one out on the road against a talented Carroll squad…but I know better.

They folded like a tent and quit against Snider and Carroll was a true pillow fight where both teams couldn’t get out of their own way.

As I’ve stated, it’s fixable but tough against their schedule.  I’m not ruling out that it CAN be done but nothing points me in that direction right now.  Three weeks in a row is a pattern.

And, I’m not sure there will any “crow” to eat by either of us at the end of the season as top 25 polls/rankings are subjective.  Warren should still easily cruise through their sectional and then CG awaits…they can avoid them all they want in the regular season but there is no skipping them in the postseason.

Warren is staring 5-7 (best case scenario) straight in the face right now and I’m sorry…you have to win games to eventually crack the top 25.  It’s not a poll for moral victories.

I don't disagree with any of that. I'm just betting that they are one of the best 25 teams in the state. Do they crack the Top 25 with a win over Lawrence Central?

I think the Moeller vs CG game will be closer.  Moeller has their backs against the wall, coming off a crushing loss to East Central.  They sure as heck don't want to go 0-3 against Indiana teams.  I think their coaches will have them ready to play.  Still favor CG, but believe it will be a battle.

23 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

I think the Moeller vs CG game will be closer.  Moeller has their backs against the wall, coming off a crushing loss to East Central.  They sure as heck don't want to go 0-3 against Indiana teams.  I think their coaches will have them ready to play.  Still favor CG, but believe it will be a battle.

They smoked Dwenger week 2 but yes 1-3 against IN competition before you play an OH opponent really puts them behind the 8ball.

1 hour ago, Slobberknocker said:

BD should send the truant officer after them. Maybe a few players gone from IMG could be the difference in a win for BD.

Of course we are joking here but it is a sham that this is built as a “high school sporting event.”

One team is playing school, the other is playing football.

I think how close this game depends on CG secondary play. CG has played predominate running teams this year so far, so the secondary has yet been tested. Moe has a SO. QB averaging around 300 yards per game plus a D1 RB so CG needs to be careful on play action. On multiple occasions last year CG gave up more than 350+ passing yards. On the Moe defensive side of the ball, they have a Notre Dame DB commit so the CG 6a receiving yards leader vs Notre dame DB commit should be interesting.

I am going with CG for the win by how much I have no clue.

On 9/7/2023 at 9:28 AM, Bash Riprock said:

Stop the running back, you stop Moeller. They showed heart in a comeback against BD's 2nd string and forced Tommy G/Skibinski and the 1's to go in to close it, but I doubt that CG has any issue with Moeller.