18. Zionsville
  19. Lawrence North
  20. Evansville Reitz
  21. Franklin Central
  22. Noblesville
  23. Bloomington North
  24. Bloomington South
  25. Guerin Catholic

Looking bad after a physically and emotionally draining game doesn't necessarily make Chatard, Carmel, Crown Point, and Penn better than Snider and Carroll. 

Crown Point beat Valpo on a late touchdown. Not sure ten teams separate them. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BTF said:

Looking bad after a physically and emotionally draining game doesn't necessarily make Chatard, Carmel, Crown Point, and Penn better than Snider and Carroll. 

Crown Point beat Valpo on a late touchdown. Not sure ten teams separate them. 

Thought you’d chime in on this one and full transparency, this was the toughest ranking yet.

I agree, in part with your “looking bad” take but we now have a common opponent (Homestead) by which to compare Snider and Carmel.  Granted the games were 6 weeks apart and teams change but common opponents/results is really the foundation for the poll.

I don’t think there is any wrong answer when it comes to teams 5-14 and would listen to any case made for switching them around like deck chairs.

Many would think Westfield should drop farther after last night’s debacle but I can’t drop them behind HSE, who can’t drop behind Fishers or Carroll due to head to head.

Valpo seems to be what we thought they were in the preseason and that opener at Penn seems to be well behind them.  If I were Snider I would have a serious case of “deja vu” right now…

I do believe you can learn some things and there is value in losing but you know the Snider program better than me.

Edited by temptation

47 minutes ago, temptation said:

Thought you’d chime in on this one and full transparency, this was the toughest ranking yet.

I agree, in part with your “looking bad” take but we now have a common opponent (Homestead) by which to compare Snider and Carmel.  Granted the games were 6 weeks apart and teams change but common opponents/results is really the foundation for the poll.

I don’t think there is any wrong answer when it comes to teams 5-14 and would listen to any case made for switching them around like deck chairs.

Many would think Westfield should drop farther after last night’s debacle but I can’t drop them behind HSE, who can’t drop behind Fishers or Carroll due to head to head.

Valpo seems to be what we thought they were in the preseason and that opener at Penn seems to be well behind them.  If I were Snider I would have a serious case of “deja vu” right now…

I do believe you can learn some things and there is value in losing but you know the Snider program better than me.

No temp bad

Bad temp

What did we talk about

There is definitely a wrong answer for #5 and you found it

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, temptation said:

Agree, creating a poll after this week is challenging. I just saw the Westfield score. Having a bad game following a big emotional win is a real thing. Or an emotional loss in Carroll's case. 

I'm not worried about Snider. Sometimes they need a loss to bring them back down to earth. Maybe going up 14-0 in the first six minutes led them to think the rest of the night would be easy, who knows. The bye week in the playoffs will be a Godsend for them. 

Valpo is the real deal. Nineteen returning starters, that's all we need to know. It would be mistake for anyone to think that Valpo's not capable of defending their title. What I learned last night: If Snider can lose to Homestead, and Carroll only beats Wayne by 7pts, then Valpo can lose to Penn. Anything can happen on any given Friday. 

Brownsburg wasting Westfield last night makes me feel a little better about what they did to Dwenger. How big of a threat are the Saints in Sectional 19? New Haven, Leo, East Noble, Columbia City (who fought NH to the end last night), and Dwenger. Possibly the most interesting sectional in the state. 

Got to see New Haven in person last night. It's true, they have some athletes. It's true, they have a legitimate shot at Lucas. It's true, East Central is a HEAVY favorite to take state. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ragdoll said:

kokomo losing to mccutcheon................

Some of the shine of that early season win over Whiteland has worn off as the Warriors are average this year.  Kokomo is still a good team, capable of making a deep run but not 25 worthy as of right now in my opinion.

On 9/23/2023 at 5:25 AM, temptation said:
  1. Brownsburg 
  2. Ben Davis
  3. Center Grove
  4. East Central
  5. Crown Point
  6. Bishop Chatard
  7. Cathedral 
  8. Carmel
  9. Westfield
  10. Hamilton Southeastern
  11. Fishers
  12. Penn
  13. Fort Wayne Snider
  14. Carroll (Fort Wayne)
  15. Warren Central
  16. Valparaiso 
  17. Mishawaka
  18. Zionsville
  19. Lawrence North
  20. Evansville Reitz
  21. Franklin Central
  22. Noblesville
  23. Bloomington North
  24. Bloomington South
  25. Guerin Catholic

I would have put Penn at 15, only because I don't trust them. That loss to Cathedral in typical Penn fashion only makes me think that, Carroll 2.0 will happen again in the sectionals. 

I can't believe in CP until they actually perform in the playoffs. 

7 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I would have put Penn at 15, only because I don't trust them. That loss to Cathedral in typical Penn fashion only makes me think that, Carroll 2.0 will happen again in the sectionals. 

I can't believe in CP until they actually perform in the playoffs. 

Respect both takes.  CP sorta moved up by default to be honest.

On 9/25/2023 at 3:14 PM, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

The benefit of winning. 

And having a very easy schedule for a 6A NORTH "contender". I use that loosely as I rully expect CP's run to end in Regionals. But, I will say they have the talent and coaching to make a run. I just don't think the've seen the comp or have enough jimmy and joe's to beat Carroll or Penn. 

Valpo lost Davis to an inury in the Crown Point game. There is speculation he may be shelved for the year. I don't know how they could beat Snider in a rematch without him. 2nd year in a row he's been hurt. Last year was earlier in the season and he was healthy enough to run all over their opponents in the playoffs.

Edited by Boilernation

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

And having a very easy schedule for a 6A NORTH "contender". I use that loosely as I rully expect CP's run to end in Regionals. But, I will say they have the talent and coaching to make a run. I just don't think the've seen the comp or have enough jimmy and joe's to beat Carroll or Penn. 

Valpo lost Davis to an inury in the Crown Point game. There is speculation he may be shelved for the year. I don't know how they could beat Snider in a rematch without him. 2nd year in a row he's been hurt. Last year was earlier in the season and he was healthy enough to run all over their opponents in the playoffs.

Right now, as I just mentioned in the AP poll thread, until Penn beats Carroll, Carroll is the best team in our sectional. Penn's toughest game this year was Cathedral, and Penn looked like they have over the past 5 years+ against Indy teams. Penn has the horses to beat a good Valpo (first game of the season) and a good Mishawaka team...But, I don't think we win our sectional right now. 

If the Lord wills it and we do win the sectional, and come up against CP, I am taking CP in that game. I think this year is CP's best chance at getting to the Semi-state. I just don't think it matters who comes out of sectionals 1 or 2, we aren't beating HSE, Fishers, Carmel or Westfield. If anyone has a chance right now it is Carroll. A hard fought game at HSE and a tough loss to a VERY GOOD Snider team.