Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

As we head into Week #7 of the high school season, October is around the corner and the IHSAA draw comes on Oct. 8.

Games involving Hoosier North teams for September 29:

Friday, Sep. 29
Culver at Caston ©, 7 pm
Knox at Pioneer ©, 7:30 pm
LaVille at Glenn, 7 pm
North Judson at Triton ©, 7:30 pm
Winamac at West Central, 7 pm

What say you?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

2 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

As we head into Week #7 of the high school season, October is around the corner and the IHSAA draw comes on Oct. 8.

Games involving Hoosier North teams for September 29:

Friday, Sep. 29
Culver at Caston ©, 7 pm
LaVille at Glenn, 7 pm

What say you?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

I think every game has the potential to be competitive!

Culver at Caston - This is the week for Caston. Caston 28-21
Knox at Pioneer-The conference needs Pioneer to get the upset but i don't think it's happening. Knox's big weekness is pass defense and Pioneer isn't going to sling it. Knox 35-14
LaVille at Glenn- If everyone came out of last week healthy, i think the Lancers cruise. LV 28-7
North Judson at Triton - I think this Judson team is starting to figure out their identity. Seeing the mobile QB this past week was a good warmup to the Triton game. Jays 37-24
Winamac at West Central- Winamac is probably the biggest team WC will play this year but i don't think the Warriors can pull it off. WC 28-14

Culver at Caston- Comets secure their first win of the season.

LaVille @ Glenn- Lancers bounce back after last week's lost

Judson @ Triton- Jays pull out the win in a close one

Winamac @ West Central- Trojans beat the warriors by 2-3 scores

Knox @ Pioneer- I think Knox gets caught up after last week's big win over LaVille and the Panthers hang with them and eek out the win. Don't be surprised if the Panthers end up resting the FB and QB again to prepare for a late season tournament run.

Anyone seen John Glenn play yet this year? They have some of the most odd/interesting scores I've seen from a team this year. Not sure what to expect. I mean they get absolutely destroyed by Knox who just beat laville by only a score (should've been more in my opinion, one touchdown called back and a fumble inside the five can't do that Knox) but then come back and beat Bremen by 42. Just don't understand but anyway think that will be the game of the week. 

Caston will win

West Central will win

I think Triton and Judson will be a fantastic game that Judson pulls out the win

I don't think Pioneer stands a chance, especially if QB and FB don't play. Definitely their two difference makers right there. Knox's two running backs and quarterback are just too good.

On 9/24/2023 at 5:33 PM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Friday, Sep. 29
Culver at Caston ©, 7 pm
LaVille at Glenn, 7 pm

Culver at Caston: I think Caston finally gets a win and can build their confidence. Caston has a good physical YOUNG group. Culver 6 Caston 21

Knox at Pioneer: If Pioneer sits their QB and FB then Knox all the way. If Pioneer doesn't it'll be close and I think the winner wont be known until the 4th Either way With QB and FB Knox by 7. Without Knox by 21

Laville at Glenn: I think Laville comes out with vengeance here. It seemed they had multiple times to score but didn't. If they can capitalize against them It'll be hard to beat. Laville 28 Glenn 7

North Judson at Triton: After the Pioneer games it seems that if you can game plan to stop Plummer, you can win. With ANOTHER on of his weapons sounding to be out, North Judson just needs to lock in on him.  North Judson 34 Triton 7

Winamac at West Central: If Winamac comes out like they did against North Judson then it'll be hard to stop them. But what are the odds of that happening again? Winamac 13 West Central 14

47 minutes ago, Prowlingpanther said:

Culver at Caston: I think Caston finally gets a win and can build their confidence. Caston has a good physical YOUNG group. Culver 6 Caston 21

Knox at Pioneer: If Pioneer sits their QB and FB then Knox all the way. If Pioneer doesn't it'll be close and I think the winner wont be known until the 4th Either way With QB and FB Knox by 7. Without Knox by 21

Laville at Glenn: I think Laville comes out with vengeance here. It seemed they had multiple times to score but didn't. If they can capitalize against them It'll be hard to beat. Laville 28 Glenn 7

North Judson at Triton: After the Pioneer games it seems that if you can game plan to stop Plummer, you can win. With ANOTHER on of his weapons sounding to be out, North Judson just needs to lock in on him.  North Judson 34 Triton 7

Winamac at West Central: If Winamac comes out like they did against North Judson then it'll be hard to stop them. But what are the odds of that happening again? Winamac 13 West Central 14

If North Judson locks in on Plummer this week, Shively is gonna run all over North Judson.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Prowlingpanther said:

Caston 33 Culver 8

Knox 30 Pioneer 13

Laville 21 Glenn 7

North Judson 26 Triton 20

Not so sure about the Winamac game but the improvements from week 4 on has been a nice thing to see. 

I think sliding Talen Garner and Max Keller down to the defensive lines where they are better suited helps the DL a lot, getting back Jadon Jones and Tucker Fox as the OLBS has made a huge difference as well. I think moving Tearson Wolford into the MLB spot has been a big plus to the defense.  

Cash Roth back at QB gives Winamac better options as far as offense goes. Garner, Addison Allen, Jones and Maddox Bucinski seem to have better holes to run through because the option to throw is there now. Those guys along with Jayse Bentle are threats in the pass game which really wasn't there early in the season.  

Personal observations as we head into the final 1/3rd of the season...

Culver - I know they lost some key folks to graduation last year, but I didn't expect them to be this bad.  The Cavs have always been a hard-nosed gritty team.  Not so much this year.  I don't see them winning a game this season.

Caston - They have some senior leadership and talent, but their schedule to date has been brutal!  They've played 6 games and their opponents have a combined 7 losses!! That's just crazy!  Their next two games are winnable, and - depending on the draw - they have a chance to win a couple of sectional games.

Winamac - I think these guys are an improving football team.  They played NJ pretty well and won easily last week.  I wouldn't be surprised if they upset West Central this week.  And I think Triton better be careful or the Warriors could surprise them too.

Pioneer - The surprise of the season in my opinion!  I figured they would be improved, but to compete toe-to-toe with the best in the conference is a shock to me.  At full strength this is a very solid team!  Still a couple of tough games ahead, but they seem to be gearing up for a post-season run.  A sectional title wouldn't surprise me.

Triton - We can all play the "what if" game.  But at the end of last season I was very excited for this year's prospects.  The loss of Schuh was such a big blow to the Trojan's outlook for this season.  Still a very solid team, but not one that can make a deep tournament run in my opinion.  With three games to go, they could still win a share of the HNAC title, but it would require some really great performances.  Not impossible, but I don't see it.

North Judson - I've thought all along the Jays would be in the conference title hunt.  But they haven't really shown me that they are a step above the pack in the conference yet.  They have a chance to prove that in the next three weeks with Triton, LaVille and Pioneer on the docket.  They could win all three or lose all three.  Their season hinges on the their performance down the stretch.

LaVille - They are proving to me that they belong near the top of the conference.  I wasn't a believer early on, but they seem to be coming together and playing some good football at this point.  Their offense hasn't put up the numbers we saw from last year's team, but the D is solid and will keep them in any contest.  I still don't think they are near the top of 2A, but they have a legit shot to win their sectional.

Knox - Just need to get past Pioneer and Triton to earn the HNAC title and an undefeated regular season.  These games may be competitive, but I don't see the Redskins losing either one.  And good for them!  The new NSC is going to challenge them in the years ahead.  That's a very solid football conference they are joining!

54 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Personal observations as we head into the final 1/3rd of the season...

Culver - I know they lost some key folks to graduation last year, but I didn't expect them to be this bad.  The Cavs have always been a hard-nosed gritty team.  Not so much this year.  I don't see them winning a game this season.

Caston - They have some senior leadership and talent, but their schedule to date has been brutal!  They've played 6 games and their opponents have a combined 7 losses!! That's just crazy!  Their next two games are winnable, and - depending on the draw - they have a chance to win a couple of sectional games.

Winamac - I think these guys are an improving football team.  They played NJ pretty well and won easily last week.  I wouldn't be surprised if they upset West Central this week.  And I think Triton better be careful or the Warriors could surprise them too.

Pioneer - The surprise of the season in my opinion!  I figured they would be improved, but to compete toe-to-toe with the best in the conference is a shock to me.  At full strength this is a very solid team!  Still a couple of tough games ahead, but they seem to be gearing up for a post-season run.  A sectional title wouldn't surprise me.

Triton - We can all play the "what if" game.  But at the end of last season I was very excited for this year's prospects.  The loss of Schuh was such a big blow to the Trojan's outlook for this season.  Still a very solid team, but not one that can make a deep tournament run in my opinion.  With three games to go, they could still win a share of the HNAC title, but it would require some really great performances.  Not impossible, but I don't see it.

North Judson - I've thought all along the Jays would be in the conference title hunt.  But they haven't really shown me that they are a step above the pack in the conference yet.  They have a chance to prove that in the next three weeks with Triton, LaVille and Pioneer on the docket.  They could win all three or lose all three.  Their season hinges on the their performance down the stretch.

LaVille - They are proving to me that they belong near the top of the conference.  I wasn't a believer early on, but they seem to be coming together and playing some good football at this point.  Their offense hasn't put up the numbers we saw from last year's team, but the D is solid and will keep them in any contest.  I still don't think they are near the top of 2A, but they have a legit shot to win their sectional.

Knox - Just need to get past Pioneer and Triton to earn the HNAC title and an undefeated regular season.  These games may be competitive, but I don't see the Redskins losing either one.  And good for them!  The new NSC is going to challenge them in the years ahead.  That's a very solid football conference they are joining!

Curious as to what you consider a “deep tournament run” is?  I believe Whoever wins sectional 41 can beat Park Tudor and face Adams Central in a semi-state game.  I believe all of us are in agreement that it will be Adams Central and Lutheran in the final.  It’s too bad for some of the next teams as next year both those teams will be competing against each other but in 2 A

36 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

Curious as to what you consider a “deep tournament run” is?  I believe Whoever wins sectional 41 can beat Park Tudor and face Adams Central in a semi-state game.  I believe all of us are in agreement that it will be Adams Central and Lutheran in the final.  It’s too bad for some of the next teams as next year both those teams will be competing against each other but in 2 A

I doubt if Triton with Schuh could beat AC.  And I suppose when you're one of the final 4 teams in the tourney, you've made a "deep tournament run."  So by that definition Triton, NJ or Pioneer could still make a deep run in 1A.  But I agree, I don't think anyone is beating AC or Lutheran.

I think if anyone has a shot to take out AC this year, it's going to come in the regional with Carroll(Flora). Great size and speed. I don't think AC is as good as they were last year. Now, interpret that however you want because they are still good this year. I just think they are more beatable this year. I don't think anyone touches Lutheran for the next four years. I think by the time they hit 4A they might get slowed down. 

On the flip side of the North I think it will be an HNAC team in the Semi-state. What team will it be? IDK, good question. I'd say North Judson right now just because they have that experience of playing there the last two years, but it's a toss up. 

Culver at Caston

I am going to go out on limb here with Caston for just a second and give them a bunch of praise after their performance against North White. I am convinced that the MWC is overall the weakest conference in 1A and only hurts North White who if they were in the HNAC, they would be 3-3. Just pointing out the bold reality of the MWC and the lack of strength to help them get better. Nonetheless, Caston get the win this week over Culver. Caston 35 Culver 14

Winamac at West Central

A 1 win team who is struggling to find identity vs a 6-0 team who has played barely any competition this season. I hope that after their performance against Judson and Culver carries over to this week. Again, West Central's schedule does not help them in the slightest as I stated above. I think Winamac can pull it together and win this game. Winamac 21 West Central 13

Knox at Pioneer

The Redskins are coming off that high flying feeling after securing top spot in the conference. Pioneer, from what I am hearing, is feeling a bit salty after their loss last week to the Trojans (I don't think there was any malice behind the final touchdown, but I digress). I think overall this game will be gritty and points will be left on the field. Knox is in a dangerous position right now and have to stay composed. Knox 28 Pioneer 16

LaVille at Glenn

The question of the week is what teams are going to show up this week? After coming off a loss for the Lancers, I can see how they may feel defeated. But you cannot let that defeat be the defining moment of your season and decide to not show up. Glenn has been interesting. Smoke Bremen, get blown out by Knox, held Riley to 20, beat Jimtown, etc. Just been a weird season for John Barron and the Falcolns. Intriguing game of the week. LaVille 21 Glenn 20

North Judson at Triton

Let's talk about this rivalry. Triton and Judson have bad blood between them and both teams bite at the bullet every time. There have been a few games in this rivalry that have been downright nasty and physical. Here are the keys for Triton. Stop Benson. That's all you have to do. Stop him. Hit him low and he falls. Judson's keys. Shively. Don't allow him to break loose and force him to make a mistake. Both of these teams are very evenly matched as far as size and speed. It just comes down to who wants it more. Triton 28 Jays 22 

Culver at Caston - Caston has had a tough go of it this year!  But they have also shown some good signs against good teams.  They'll be rewarded with a nice win this week over the struggling Cavaliers.  Comets 27-6

Knox at Pioneer - The Redskins will handle the Panthers.  The margin depends on who plays for Pioneer.  At full strength it's one score.  Missing guys it's 3.  I don't think they'll play everyone.  Redskins 35-14

LaVille at Glenn - This game won't be extremely close, but I don't know which team will play well and which team will lay the egg.  I'm guessing the Falcons play with passion on Falloween Weekend!  Falcons 28-14

North Judson at Triton - This should be the closest game of the week.  Sagarin has them about as even as you can get.  Factor in the home field and you get Triton winning a squeaker.  But I still think the Trojans will be down a body or two, so I'm going with the visitors on Senior Night.  Bluejays 21-17

Winamac at West Central - Going with the upset here.  I think Winamac is turning it around and they'll knock off the previously unbeaten Trojans.  Warriors 20-14

Good luck to all HNAC teams this week.  Play strong and stay healthy.

11 hours ago, Trojan67 said:

Culver at Caston

I am going to go out on limb here with Caston for just a second and give them a bunch of praise after their performance against North White. I am convinced that the MWC is overall the weakest conference in 1A and only hurts North White who if they were in the HNAC, they would be 3-3. Just pointing out the bold reality of the MWC and the lack of strength to help them get better. Nonetheless, Caston get the win this week over Culver. Caston 35 Culver 14

Winamac at West Central

A 1 win team who is struggling to find identity vs a 6-0 team who has played barely any competition this season. I hope that after their performance against Judson and Culver carries over to this week. Again, West Central's schedule does not help them in the slightest as I stated above. I think Winamac can pull it together and win this game. Winamac 21 West Central 13

Knox at Pioneer

The Redskins are coming off that high flying feeling after securing top spot in the conference. Pioneer, from what I am hearing, is feeling a bit salty after their loss last week to the Trojans (I don't think there was any malice behind the final touchdown, but I digress). I think overall this game will be gritty and points will be left on the field. Knox is in a dangerous position right now and have to stay composed. Knox 28 Pioneer 16

LaVille at Glenn

The question of the week is what teams are going to show up this week? After coming off a loss for the Lancers, I can see how they may feel defeated. But you cannot let that defeat be the defining moment of your season and decide to not show up. Glenn has been interesting. Smoke Bremen, get blown out by Knox, held Riley to 20, beat Jimtown, etc. Just been a weird season for John Barron and the Falcolns. Intriguing game of the week. LaVille 21 Glenn 20

North Judson at Triton

Let's talk about this rivalry. Triton and Judson have bad blood between them and both teams bite at the bullet every time. There have been a few games in this rivalry that have been downright nasty and physical. Here are the keys for Triton. Stop Benson. That's all you have to do. Stop him. Hit him low and he falls. Judson's keys. Shively. Don't allow him to break loose and force him to make a mistake. Both of these teams are very evenly matched as far as size and speed. It just comes down to who wants it more. Triton 28 Jays 22 

Although west central might not have had much competition yet this year they are still a very experienced football team with a lot of althetes and weapons. I got WC 30-12

On 9/27/2023 at 12:19 PM, First_Backer_Inside said:

On the flip side of the North I think it will be an HNAC team in the Semi-state. What team will it be? IDK, good question. I'd say North Judson right now just because they have that experience of playing there the last two years, but it's a toss up. 

Nothing would please me more than to demolish NJSP at home for the 3rd straight year. And all the chirping the week leading up to said demolishing.

20 minutes ago, 260AC said:

Nothing would please me more than to demolish NJSP at home for the 3rd straight year. And all the chirping the week leading up to said demolishing.

Chirping? Pun intended I'm sure.

I didn't realize the Bluejays were so confident the past couple of seasons leading up to AC. Everyone I talked to knows that Adams Central is a great program. You must be communicating with the wrong Bluejay fans.

The Jays would love to have the opportunity to play in a semi-state again, but they have a LOT of work to do to make that happen!

12 hours ago, 260AC said:

It will probably happen. AC has another great team this year.

We'll probably all be sitting at home watching Lutheran beat you for the 3rd year in a row at LOS as well. Goodluck the rest of the year and in the tournament.

• Haha 1