Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 24 Thread

9 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Doesn’t everyone find a little bit of offense against Central? JK. 🤣

That's what I thought when I read that post. This Central team is the worst SIAC team I've seen in maybe 30 years. We are still very limited on O. 

5 minutes ago, FootballFan2000 said:

No championship thread started yet for this one!? I figured with Memorial in it, @TigerFan20 would've had it up by midnight Friday!😄

(it's a joke before anyone wants to jump down my throat)

Actually, I don’t think I have created a sectional championship thread before, figure most of the talk would be on here 

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Maybe I'm the only one, but it makes me wonder.  Boonville gave Reitz three short fields on interceptions in the first half and then only mustered 40 yards of offense in the second half.  How did they only beat Boonville 24-0?

Brunson curse.

His teams continually decline as the season wears on. I picked Reitz by two scores, mainly because Memorial has such a hard time scoring. However, their D is legit and could easily stifle Reitz and beat them. I honestly would not be surprised by either team winning this one. Reitz would've probably preferred to play Jasper.

12 hours ago, Evansville50 said:

It’s the Panthers play calling! Screen, deep shot to whoever, and a non creative run game. All season I wished they would put Vera at QB! If they don’t have stud players the system doesn’t work. Good thing they do. 

Actually, Davies was a touch on the injured side so he didn’t play much (and when he did, you could see was having problems out there). With Vera at QB constantly, Boonville stacked the line knowing he wouldn’t throw the ball around like Davies does, and he was looking to run. 

it is the adage of do what you can with the hand you’re dealt. Last week, Davies was healthy, and threw for 278 and 3 TDs, thusly opening up the offense that wasn’t available against Boonville. 

1 hour ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Actually, Davies was a touch on the injured side so he didn’t play much (and when he did, you could see was having problems out there). With Vera at QB constantly, Boonville stacked the line knowing he wouldn’t throw the ball around like Davies does, and he was looking to run. 

it is the adage of do what you can with the hand you’re dealt. Last week, Davies was healthy, and threw for 278 and 3 TDs, thusly opening up the offense that wasn’t available against Boonville. 

Exactly. They showed what it looks like when their offense is healthy and clicking. Seems like people have a lot of thoughts about the only undefeated team in our area. It really doesn't matter how much they score if they keep on winning. Most teams would still love to be putting up as much points as they do, especially when you have one of the top defenses in the state. But it definitely has become evident they need Davies healthy and throwing well to really open up the field and score points. They will need more than just a great defensive effort if they are able to beat Memorial and face East Central.

11 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

I noticed that. Any thought or reasoning behind that? I personally don't mind it. Should be a huge crowd and that gives everybody more time to get off work, eat, and get there.

I would believe so, gives a lot more time for people trying to get off work and more time to tailgate by the corner. North/Castle was also pushed back because they are expecting a pack house on Friday. I can see them reverting the times back to 7:00 pm next season, since 6:30 pm only made since for playing VL or Jasper.

35 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

I noticed that. Any thought or reasoning behind that? I personally don't mind it. Should be a huge crowd and that gives everybody more time to get off work, eat, and get there.

Time: 7 pm local time or as determined by host school.

Non-EVSC schools are hosting the sectional finals.  I think it's pretty clear to see who was in favor of 6:30 start times and who wasn't back when the original vote by AD's was taken. 

14 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:
Time: 7 pm local time or as determined by host school.

Non-EVSC schools are hosting the sectional finals.  I think it's pretty clear to see who was in favor of 6:30 start times and who wasn't back when the original vote by AD's was taken. 

BINGO! The EVSC schools wanted to put the clamps on tailgating so they pushed the ADs to agree to move the start times up to 6:30. Now that the host schools determine, Memorial and Castle did what should have been done all season long. 

• Like 1