Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Sectionals

45 minutes ago, Madvamp said:

Then I don't understand why Knox is not 2a. From what I can find it says 3a is 600 plus kids. Knox has been below that for years now. I guess I'm looking in the wrong places. Thanks for the reply. 

Go onto Ihsaa website.  It will list all enrollment counts

Edited by Oldschool

16 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

3a is currently ranging from 790 on the high end to 511 on the low end. Knox is currently at 553 at the last count with 14 schools lower in the class than them in enrollment.

Thanks for the info! Where did you find the numbers for that? 

3 minutes ago, Oldschool said:

Go onto Ihsaa website.  It will list all enrollment counts

Well that answered my last question. Thanks

Harrell's Predictions for this week:

PREDICTION: Knox, 35-28.

PREDICTION: LaVille, 24-21.

PREDICTION: Central Catholic, 38-10.

PREDICTION: North Judson, 28-24.

PREDICTION: Triton, 59-0.

PREDICTION: South Central, 38-24.

PREDICTION: North White, 35-24.

Harrell has the HNAC going 4-4.

18 hours ago, FinePrint said:

Harrell's Predictions for this week:

PREDICTION: Knox, 35-28.

PREDICTION: LaVille, 24-21.

PREDICTION: Central Catholic, 38-10.

PREDICTION: North Judson, 28-24.

PREDICTION: Triton, 59-0.

PREDICTION: South Central, 38-24.

PREDICTION: North White, 35-24.

Harrell has the HNAC going 4-4.

I think the HNAC will get 3 wins. I don't know about 4. I think the North Judson and Triton scores are pretty accurate. I think Knox will win by more than a touchdown. I just don't think Laville will pull it off. I think it will be close, but watching Andrean they still have a lot of talent there for 2A. Not enough to beat a lot of the teams on their schedule, but enough to still win their sectional and make a run in 2A. I think Laville will give them all they can handle with their QB play, but just not enough in my opinion. I hope I'm wrong because I would like to see Andrean knocked out of the 2A tournament for my Zebras sake, but not sure if it will happen.

Knox at Lakeland - Lakeland will be one of the best teams Knox has played so far this year.  Sagarin has them right up there with Glenn, LaVille and Triton.  But I think Knox is a notch better than all those teams.  Redskins 36-21

Andrean at LaVille - This is the year LaVille gets past their nemesis!  Not that Andrean is any worse than normal.  I just think LaVille finds a way to win at home.  Lancers 24-21

Winamac at Central Catholic - Winamac's season ends in Lafayette.  Winamac is definitely an improved team since early in the season, but Central Catholic is just too good.  Knights 42-0

Pioneer at North Judson - Probably the game of the night for HNAC teams!  Pioneer stepped it up this year for sure!  But injuries hurt them, and even with the return of Toloza, I don't think it will be enough to extend their season.  I'm going with the home team.  Blue Jays 28-16

Triton at North Newton - Here's a game for those who want seeded sectionals.  It's 1 vs 8 in a showdown!  Trojans 55-0

Culver at South Central - This could be close for a half, but the Satellites will pull away in the 2nd half, mercifully ending the season for the Cavs.  Satellites 34-13

Caston at North White - I think Caston has what it takes to win this game if they play focused and confident football!  They should get a boost from playing the Vikings close in week 6.  I'm going with the upset.  Comets 22-14

I'm not a proponent of a qualifying playoff system that limits the playoff teams to the top half of each class, but interestingly enough, Caston would make the playoff cut in that scenerio even with a 1-8 record (according to Sagarin).  

On 10/11/2023 at 12:17 PM, FinePrint said:
Knox at Lakeland, 7:30 pm
Andrean at LaVille, 7:30 pm
Winamac at Central Catholic, 7 pm
Pioneer at North Judson, 7:30 pm
Triton at North Newton, 7:30 pm
Culver at South Central, 7:30 pm
Caston at North White, 7 pm

How many HNAC teams have a reasonable shot to be sectional champs?  It appears that all but Triton have tough games in the first round!

Knox 35-21

Andrean 24-20

CC 42-7

NJ 28-14

Triton 56-0

SC 28-14

NW 20-16

Wow!  What a night for the HNAC winning 6 of 7 possible games.  I would say every team met or exceeded expectations!  Great job by Caston and Culver to come up big in their games.  Knox with a convincing win!  LaVille gutting out their W.  Triton cruised as expected.  Judson looked good as they took down the Panthers.  

All:

After watching much confustion during the final plays of the Andrea-LaVille game Friday night, a few questions came to mind.

Checking if anyone can shed some light for me?

Not trying to be a wise guy here, trying to understand better.

Is there an appointed game official (the guys in the stripes calling the game) that watches the game clock/play clock?

Friday, there seemed to be multiple opinions on how much time was on the game clock and what down it actually was.

Since we have no instant replay in Indiana high school, who decides if/when time is put back on or taken off the game/play clock and to adjust the line of scrimmage.

Friday, the clock was changed from 10 seconds left in the game, to 40 seconds left, to 42 seconds left in the game.

There was confusion on both sides of the field - coaches, teams, and fans.

Thanks, guys!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

27 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

All:

After watching much confustion during the final plays of the Andrea-LaVille game Friday night, a few questions came to mind.

Is there an appointed game official (the guys in the stripes calling the game) that watches the game clock/play clock?

Friday, there seemed to be multiple opinions on how much time was on the game clock and what down it actually was.

Since we have no instant replay in Indiana high school, who decides if/when time is put back on or taken off the game/play clock and to adjust the line of scrimmage.

Friday, the clock was changed from 10 seconds left in the game, to 40 seconds left, to 42 seconds left in the game.

Thanks, guys!

from_the_sidelines007

I think the biggest issue came on 2nd down. There was an inadvertent whistle and the head official decided to replay 2nd down. That's where all the confusion happened and fans and coaches started to get upset. It would have been nice if an announcement could have been made so everyone could understand what was going on. Granted it's not the priority of the officials to make sure the fans know what's going on. It also seemed like the Andrean coach was trying to take advantage of the confusion and convince the officials it was a turnover on downs. In the end, they seemed to have gotten it right. It just took 20 minutes to get there. 

56 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

All:

Thanks, guys!

from_the_sidelines007

Well let’s start with the refs weren’t not good..

Now back to the last 1:35 of the game. 

Laville got the ball back with 1:35 left and Andrean had 1 timeout left… one would think game over right well refs made that 1:35 last 35 minutes with mistakes.

1st down Laville kneels and Andrean uses last time out.

2nd down 1:32 left on clock Laville goes to kneel but Plummer stays up as long as possible to use time and ref blows whistle early.. (all hell breaks loose after this). After much discussion it’s a reply of 2nd down but Andrean coach and fans must have not got the memo as they think it’s 3rd down. 

3rd down(Andrean thinks it’s 4th down) Laville takes another kneel but again Plummer this time runs around to waste enough time that to put the clock at 40 seconds (enough as play clocks so game will be over when whistle blows to start game clock). Andrean then runs our field goal unit thinking it’s a turnover on downs when it’s not and thus began the 25 minute discussion because Andrean coach doesn’t understand and refs didn’t explain very well..

4th down now and Laville runs out clock and Andrean goes ape shit because didn’t understand as refs didn’t horrible job of last 1:35 of game 

Edited by mumm6866
  • Like 1

“Well let’s start with the refs weren’t not good..”

“it’s a reply of 2nd down”

“Laville takes another kneel“

“Andrean then runs our field goal“

“Andrean goes ape shit because didn’t understand as refs didn’t horrible job of last 1:35 of game“

If the referees were no better than the gibberish you wrote, they must have been very bad, indeed, Mr. Member.

• Sit and spin 1

6 minutes ago, Bobref said:

“Well let’s start with the refs weren’t not good..”

“it’s a reply of 2nd down”

“Laville takes another kneel“

“Andrean then runs our field goal“

“Andrean goes ape shit because didn’t understand as refs didn’t horrible job of last 1:35 of game“

If the referees were no better than the gibberish you wrote, they must have been very bad, indeed, Mr. Member.

Sorry didn’t realize this was English class as I was just explaining the last 1:35 of game. My bad that some words are missing. Get a life if that worried about explanation as also typing from my phone which autocorrected a bunch to wrong words 

Edited by mumm6866

18 minutes ago, mumm6866 said:

Sorry didn’t realize this was English class as I was just explaining the last 1:35 of game. My bad that some words are missing. Get a life if that worried about explanation as also typing from my phone which autocorrected a bunch to wrong words 

Ironic, isn’t it, that you’re criticizing the officiating crew for poor communication? 😂🤣😅

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

At this point of the season, and in this game situation, every member of the crew needs to be aware of any clock issues. 

I'm wondering how the "kneel downs" were communicated? Was the crew told "we're taking a knee"? Was the QB allowed to take his time, after this was communicated to the D? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Ironic, isn’t it, that you’re criticizing the officiating crew for poor communication? 😂🤣😅

Well since I’m not paid to post or be correct in a forum doesn’t matter does it 😂😂😂. Unlike the refs who are paid. The AD for Laville said worst crew has ever witnessed and he was the coach for the past 10 years so time to get a life lol 😂 

Edited by mumm6866