Jump to content

Recommended Posts

OK, I'll start out the 2019 thread for the Mighty Panthers of Snider. I learned yesterday that they are now being bumped back up to 6A for the 2019 season. Now I heard this on Twitter and had quote from Tippmann, so I'm assuming this is real. Anyone else confirm?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2019 at 8:10 PM, psaboy said:

OK, I'll start out the 2019 thread for the Mighty Panthers of Snider. I learned yesterday that they are now being bumped back up to 6A for the 2019 season. Now I heard this on Twitter and had quote from Tippmann, so I'm assuming this is real. Anyone else confirm?

Per the IHSAA website Snider will remain in 6A for the next 2 year cycle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dmizers3 said:

Per the IHSAA website Snider will remain in 6A for the next 2 year cycle. 

Do you have a link? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is true. Because they tweaked the success points from 3 to 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Summit city sports and outside the huddle both posted links on Facebook I would say on Twitter as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spuller I guess we lost the edit option. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am of the opinion Snider received a bad deal here.  2 Sectional wins and that’s considered dominating?   This means they are in the top 25% of 6A......Whoooaaaa!!!!! Stop the press!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

I am of the opinion Snider received a bad deal here.  2 Sectional wins and that’s considered dominating?   This means they are in the top 25% of 6A......Whoooaaaa!!!!! Stop the press!!!

. . . They probably would be most years anyway. .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

I am of the opinion Snider received a bad deal here.  2 Sectional wins and that’s considered dominating?   This means they are in the top 25% of 6A......Whoooaaaa!!!!! Stop the press!!!

Here is my humble opinion..schools are moved up after having SUCCESS that garners them 6 points(2 semi state wins or 1 state championship and a regional win).  After that they win two sectionals or one regional in a class higher than their given enrollment.  If that is not success, then I don't know what success is.  I think if after being moved up, and you win 1 sectional you should stay up.  I think if a any school can win 1 sectional in a class higher after being moved up due to the success factor they can compete and should stay in the higher class.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody have info on how many returning starters and number of seniors for this years squad? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I go completely from memory, I believe Snider returns a QB, WR, 2 LB, 1 CB.  

Not sure on OL and DL.  At least 1 on DL and at least 1 on OL.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/5/2019 at 9:10 PM, OldschoolFB said:

If I go completely from memory, I believe Snider returns a QB, WR, 2 LB, 1 CB.  

Not sure on OL and DL.  At least 1 on DL and at least 1 on OL.  

I think they have RB Bennett returning at RB, 1 D1 P5 recruit on OL and maybe non P5  on OL as well, maybe a few more??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any Snider updates on team or feedback?? Hate to think I'm the only fan on the board??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if you saw this preseason video. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mebuck said:

Not sure if you saw this preseason video. 

No, I had not seen. Thanks !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Summit city sports. You can follow them on Facebook or YouTube.  

Your welcome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard from one source Snider has 10 returning starters and 14 returning from another. Anyone know the real number?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2019 at 7:51 AM, Major said:

Here is my humble opinion..schools are moved up after having SUCCESS that garners them 6 points(2 semi state wins or 1 state championship and a regional win).  After that they win two sectionals or one regional in a class higher than their given enrollment.  If that is not success, then I don't know what success is.  I think if after being moved up, and you win 1 sectional you should stay up.  I think if a any school can win 1 sectional in a class higher after being moved up due to the success factor they can compete and should stay in the higher class.  

Some schools measure success by a winning season..others by hardware...elite programs may have all or nothing mentalities..ie..Notre dame has a goal to win the national title very year..that being said this is high school and sectional titles are not a given..the rules are what they are for a reason and imo snider would be playing 6a every other cycle anyway..schools populations have changed..yes..yet when it was 5 classes snider last repped the north.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard Snider got some basketball players to come out and play. I also heard one has already been hurt. Can anyone confirm this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

My understanding is  Duff and Eley are both playing. 

I've heard Duff is TE, maybe starter?? Have not heard anything on injuries. There were a few Snider "posters" on GID last year, but haven;t seen them this year, Komets 3001 come to mind but seems to be AWOL this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, psaboy said:

I've heard Duff is TE, maybe starter?? Have not heard anything on injuries. There were a few Snider "posters" on GID last year, but haven;t seen them this year, Komets 3001 come to mind but seems to be AWOL this year. 

I think the new security is a pain In the Buttocks.  It almost kept me away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...