Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider Panthers 2019

13 minutes ago, BLKnights7 said:

Not sold on noblesville while I agree they play a very strong schedule, they have only scored 69 points on the season. Would they have the firepower to get in a shootout game with one of the fortwayne teams?

Yes. HCC teams are very dangerous..id compare them to an mic team right about now...compared to the rest of the state those two conferences have programs that would win if they were scheduled vs..80% of indiana..

2 hours ago, BLKnights7 said:

Not sold on noblesville while I agree they play a very strong schedule, they have only scored 69 points on the season. Would they have the firepower to get in a shootout game with one of the fortwayne teams?

I have the Fort Wayne teams as a three touchdown favorite, but we will see.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I'm not going to dismiss Carroll so quick. Could go ether way, the way I see. 

Right, they’re still a good team. I just think Snider will have something to prove and want to get another crack at Homestead. Plus Carroll’s QB didn’t play against Concordia to my knowledge. I’m not sure if he was injured/suspended or what the deal was. 

49 minutes ago, FWfootball10 said:

Right, they’re still a good team. I just think Snider will have something to prove and want to get another crack at Homestead. Plus Carroll’s QB didn’t play against Concordia to my knowledge. I’m not sure if he was injured/suspended or what the deal was. 

I did not know that Becker didn't play Friday. He gave Snider all types of problems. Hope kid is OK, but if he can't play in three weeks, I won't be too upset 😊

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Win or go home time for the panthers..starts with Carroll this Friday..homestead looks like the  north 6a favorite this year..maybe the Panthers relish the spoiler role? They have any shot at keeping the streak alive?

Carroll will have to forfeit 'cause they won't be showing up until NEXT Fridayl

Is this the year the streak is broken? Can't stay on top that mountain forever right!? The chargers might feel as confident as ever n y not? A 1pt loss will do that to ya. Id feel better if dinan was still at sni high although he and tippman playing chess is pure art..the year 6a is finally a toss up n we come in with 2 almost 3 losses..ive seen the Panthers win games when they shouldn't n ones I thought they couldn't. I've never them as the underdog in sectionals though. 

1 hour ago, Justasportsfan said:

Is this the year the streak is broken? Can't stay on top that mountain forever right!? The chargers might feel as confident as ever n y not? A 1pt loss will do that to ya. Id feel better if dinan was still at sni high although he and tippman playing chess is pure art..the year 6a is finally a toss up n we come in with 2 almost 3 losses..ive seen the Panthers win games when they shouldn't n ones I thought they couldn't. I've never them as the underdog in sectionals though. 

I will say the run of sectional titles is over for the Mighty Panthers of Snider!! Hopefully they can get past Carroll and get rematch with Sparty. If so, you never know, but I would say Snider has 50/50 chance vs Carroll and 20/80 vs Homestead. 

52 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I will say the run of sectional titles is over for the Mighty Panthers of Snider!! Hopefully they can get past Carroll and get rematch with Sparty. If so, you never know, but I would say Snider has 50/50 chance vs Carroll and 20/80 vs Homestead. 

I just really can’t see Snider losing to Carroll.  I would be pretty surprised if that happened. Not to say it won’t be a close game but when it’s all said and done I think Snider wins 28-14. However, I also have a tough time believing Snider can get by Homestead. Don’t count out Noblesville with the schedule they have played either. It does look really bad for Fort Wayne if they knock off Homestead, we’ll see what happens. 

Just now, FWfootball10 said:

I just really can’t see Snider losing to Carroll.  I would be pretty surprised if that happened. Not to say it won’t be a close game but when it’s all said and done I think Snider wins 28-14. However, I also have a tough time believing Snider can get by Homestead. Don’t count out Noblesville with the schedule they have played either. It does look really bad for Fort Wayne if they knock off Homestead, we’ll see what happens. 

Noblesville will not beat Homestead. Now I say that, and know anything can happen, but Homestead would have to have a bad game and Noblesville would have to play their best, mistake free game. Homestead in years past would be more prone to lose this type of game, but from what I've seen, they are a top team with talent on both sides of the ball and good coaching. I say they win by 20+.

6 minutes ago, FWfootball10 said:

Also, I think you are right on the Snider/Carroll game. I just hope Snider knows how to better D scheme against Becker. He torn them up in first game.

30 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Noblesville will not beat Homestead. Now I say that, and know anything can happen, but Homestead would have to have a bad game and Noblesville would have to play their best, mistake free game. Homestead in years past would be more prone to lose this type of game, but from what I've seen, they are a top team with talent on both sides of the ball and good coaching. I say they win by 20+.

You’re right. I mean this could be the best Homestead team ever. They went to state about 20 years ago and lost in the biggest class but I was almost too young to remember that. As far as I’m concerned it’s absolutely not a stretch to say this is their best team ever. It makes it more exciting in 6a that their isn’t that dominant Ben Davis or Warren Central team this year. It is truly anyone’s year in 6A.

1 hour ago, FWfootball10 said:

You’re right. I mean this could be the best Homestead team ever. They went to state about 20 years ago and lost in the biggest class but I was almost too young to remember that. As far as I’m concerned it’s absolutely not a stretch to say this is their best team ever. It makes it more exciting in 6a that their isn’t that dominant Ben Davis or Warren Central team this year. It is truly anyone’s year in 6A.

Best team ever for homestead? Idk..if they can get through regionals maybe we can crown them. I remember when rex Grossman beat that 98 team n I've seen sparty go undefeated b4..losing their rb doesn't help..that being said..6a is anyone's for the taking this year..snider was the last team to rep the north b4 6a was created n I don't think that was in the top 5 all time teams..js HHS has had a ton of talent since 98..

2 hours ago, psaboy said:

Noblesville I don't think can beat Homestead even if the Spartan's have a bad game.  

Homestead 45  Noblesville 13.

On 10/30/2019 at 12:02 AM, FWfootball10 said:

That 98 Homestead team was very solid , kept us from a chance at a 4 peat and still painful to this day . Good luck to both Snider and Homestead tonight , mad respect for Ft Wayne football . 

• Like 1

The season is over for Snider. Congrats to the Chargers, they will be strong next year and the year after as well it looks like. Interesting to note that last night's lose was the first sectional lose for coach Tippmann, that says a lot in itself. I think the sectional champion streak that came to and at 12 years is the third longest in state.  Sure the outcome was disappointing, but these are kids and they have a lot of growing up to do. Becker torches Snider secondary for over 325 yards and 4 TD's, I bet he has good chance of playing at a D1 P5 school in a few years. I'm thinking Carroll will give Homestead a better game second time around??

The way Snider let Becker tear them apart last night really shocked me. I said I would be surprised if Carroll won and I am. I know there was a lot of talk about all the Snider penalties but still. 

All season I knew homestead and Noblesville had the potential to be close like that. I think I let other people talk me out of it lol. It’s a team that had the number 1 schedule in the state and played some really good teams tough. 

Honestly it made Fort Wayne look weak and that is now reflected in the Sagarin ratings. Idk about Carroll but I truly think Homestead can and will give Carmel (assuming they beat Westfield) a good game. 

The SAC teams never travel with their schedule and Homestead had almost a 2 hour bus drive. They probably looked at that 1-8 record and thought it was going to be a cakewalk although they shouldn’t have considering who Noblesville plays. 

No excuses though they’ll have to move on and get ready for Carroll. 

4 minutes ago, FWfootball10 said:

The way Snider let Becker tear them apart last night really shocked me. I said I would be surprised if Carroll won and I am. I know there was a lot of talk about all the Snider penalties but still. 

All season I knew homestead and Noblesville had the potential to be close like that. I think I let other people talk me out of it lol. It’s a team that had the number 1 schedule in the state and played some really good teams tough. 

Honestly it made Fort Wayne look weak and that is now reflected in the Sagarin ratings. Idk about Carroll but I truly think Homestead can and will give Carmel (assuming they beat Westfield) a good game. 

The SAC teams never travel with their schedule and Homestead had almost a 2 hour bus drive. They probably looked at that 1-8 record and thought it was going to be a cakewalk although they shouldn’t have considering who Noblesville plays. 

No excuses though they’ll have to move on and get ready for Carroll.

Becker is really impressive. Just wasn't Snider's year, they have a lot of good young athletes though and should be very solid next year. While I think homestead will win sectionals they better be ready for a Carroll team that can put some points up. 

7 hours ago, FWfootball10 said:

Snider bullied Carroll last night the same way they did in week 2 with their ground game. I understand keeping a defense honest with a mix of throws and runs, but Snider killed about 10 drives between the two games by passing two much. A 5:1 rush/pass ratio last night would have moved Snider on the the next round. Snider's a better team than Carroll, but not by much.............I firmly believe that. Offensive play calling was Snider's doom last night......................first half only, they got it right in the second half.