Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

S.I.A.C. 2019

Side note" for Castle fans.   BHSS and Castle will play week 1  @ BHSS . Castle will replace Brownsburg on BHSS' schedule. Not sure how long the series will be. However the teams have played three times in their history all three games were @ castle . Will be nice to not have to drive down there again. 

On 1/23/2019 at 11:36 AM, Argyll said:

Side note" for Castle fans.   BHSS and Castle will play week 1  @ BHSS . Castle will replace Brownsburg on BHSS' schedule. Not sure how long the series will be. However the teams have played three times in their history all three games were @ castle . Will be nice to not have to drive down there again. 

It's a much easier drive now than in the past..  About 75 minutes if you put the coal to it....

Edited by tango
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Castle /BHSS    week 1 should be a good one. Castle did well at Columbus east in my opinion to end their season. BHSS made it to regional last 5 years. South is looking at a fresh qb but has a lot  of skill position  returnees. Best thing is the game is in b town for the first time. in the series as mentioned above.    What does Castle return roster wise? 

Edited by MuleDriver

2 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Castle /BHSS    week 1 should be a good one. Castle did well at Columbus east in my opinion to end their season. BHSS made it to regional last 5 years. South is looking at a fresh qb but has a lot  of skill position  returnees. Best thing is the game is in b town for the first time. in the series as mentioned above.    What does Castle return roster wise? 

Castle was at the GS team camp and it appeared to me they were trying to figure out who the QB should be.  I could be wrong.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Castle was at the GS team camp and it appeared to me they were trying to figure out who the QB should be.  I could be wrong.

Looks like the teams are in a similar situation.  I was impressed by castle's effort at columbus east last November so i think this week one game ought to be a good one.    Im sure castle has some players carry over from last years team. It is an exciting match-up. 

15 hours ago, Screagle said:

Castle usually has pretty good RBs and good size upfront and at LB. I would expect the same this year.  

Castle seems smaller with the eye test at LB and OL than in the past but you never know if you’re looking at backups or starters at a team camp.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShakeDownTheThunder said:

Memorial will have the best defense in the conference in 2019, and some big time weapons on offense. Will not be surprised if they win Sectional 24.

Is this a troll? I mean I see memorial doing good....and they bring back a great WR in pence....but as far as I’m aware memorial graduated a lot....and other teams are looking good. 

Central got the evans brothers back too

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

19 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Is this a troll? I mean I see memorial doing good....and they bring back a great WR in pence....but as far as I’m aware memorial graduated a lot....and other teams are looking good. 

12 kids return that started in sectional championship plus 3 that rotated playing significant snaps. McCool ran for 145 in that game and 4 underclassmen scored. 4 of top 5 WRs return and starting RB. Defense will be really really good.  Sounds like 5 teams could be in contention for SIAC. Hopefully teams stay healthy for week 10.  

19 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

LOL, not sure but love the passion I guess.  Pence will be the QB and has a lot of the same skills as Lindauer had - can move the pocket & extend plays, run, and has a strong arm.  Central has to be the pre-season SIAC favorite, but they have to replace as many if not more starters from last year as anyone in the upper part of the conference.  Should be an interesting year in the SIAC.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Confused about how exactly you think this is a troll? Memorial returns 3 DL, 2 LB, and 3 in the secondary, 3 OL, 3 WR, and the starting RB from last year. This group of seniors has played in two straight state championship games, and should be the favorite in the conference until proven otherwise.

Edited by ShakeDownTheThunder
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ShakeDownTheThunder said:

Confused about how exactly you think this is a troll? Memorial returns 3 DL, 2 LB, and 3 in the secondary, 3 OL, 3 WR, and the starting RB from last year. This group of seniors has played in two straight state championship games, and should be the favorite in the conference until proven otherwise.

No question having a group of kids that has played 30 games over the last two years helps in a lot of ways.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ShakeDownTheThunder said:

Ummm. I’m not really trying to argue. (Truly) but your info seems off...at least according to max preps.  I won’t disagree with you saying they should be considered one of the top teams having been to LOS 2 years in a row.

what I’m seeing on maxpreps

Lindauer is gone...Top WR/LB is gone in combs...leading rusher in Johnson is gone

also apparently Pence who was the #2 WR is the QB now.

McCool returns (maybe he was a starting rb last year splitting with Johnson or something)  he was also the #3 Leading receiver.

idk man...I’ll take it that you have direct information more than I ever would but at least on the surface it seems to me that memorial will be playing without it’s 2 top receivers and the RB who was essentially the #3 returns.

Memorial has lots of interchangeable parts this season. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Pence at WR in some packages.  McCool was by far #1 RB last year. I see him having huge season both offensively and defensively. Combs is on a different level in the SIAC and it’s not close. I see Memorial’s defense being better than last years.  Defense looked big, fast and physical in scrimmage vs Reitz. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Memorial has lots of interchangeable parts this season. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Pence at WR in some packages.  McCool was by far #1 RB last year. I see him having huge season both offensively and defensively. Combs is on a different level in the SIAC and it’s not close. I see Memorial’s defense being better than last years.  Defense looked big, fast and physical in scrimmage vs Reitz. 

Princeton said in the Clarion they scored 3 or 4 times from the 35 bro, Princeton is looking tough this season.  Just be glad you aren't in their sectional.

8797EE20-FEB8-4447-B674-067546162FA2.png

Edited by Titan32
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Princeton said in the Clarion they scored 3 or 4 times from the 35 bro, Princeton is looking tough this season.  Just be glad you aren't in their sectional.

8797EE20-FEB8-4447-B674-067546162FA2.png

Princeton vs GS in semi state!  Lol. Just because it can actually happen 😂 oh lord ihsaa what have you done