Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

19 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

JC and Madison are more worthy of pity than respect because of how little they have developed over the last 15 years.

I really believe Justun Sharp is going to change things at Jennings County. They haven't had a coach ever come in with his attitude. Jerry Bland and Scott Buening are probably their best coaches in the last 25-30 years but even they weren't as invested at the youth level and trying to drive up interest in prospective players.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

I’ve waited 15 years for that, and I have only seen progress from Floyd.

I disagree to an extent.  I think you guys have had some solid teams and are the right track with Weber. Seymour looks like they are improving as well. NA send Jeff, I’m on a wait and hold pattern.

39 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

I didn’t mean to exclude BNL. Weber wins playoff games; Szabo didn’t, excluding the Sectional year.

I liked Szabo. He built them up. Weber took over a terrible roster. Built them up. It all has to do with talent. Hell, Coach Bragg was a Head Coach for 1 year at a terrible program in Illinois and didn’t win a game. Now he has FC on the right track. It depends on talent, and it takes time. Gaddis first couple of teams at CE were beatable. Now, you have to be extremely good to beat them.

Edited by Fkfootball

5 hours ago, starbacker said:

In fairness BNL would most likely had won a sectional the last two seasons had we been able to keep Columbus East down in 4A 😀

In fairness, FC has played in 5 Sectional Championship games since 2011. All against Castle, Whiteland, and East. Lost all of them. It is what it is.

9 hours ago, starbacker said:

In fairness BNL would most likely had won a sectional the last two seasons had we been able to keep Columbus East down in 4A 😀

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

In fairness, FC has played in 5 Sectional Championship games since 2011. All against Castle, Whiteland, and East. Lost all of them. It is what it is.

Can’t say the same about Seymour, which is probably why our resident owl is so bitter.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Well, since Floyd is about to play Columbus East, and BNL in a few weeks, and there are a lot of fans from both teams on here, I thought I would go ahead and make a mid-season scouting report for Floyd Central, just for fun. So opposing fans know who to look for. No predictions. I won’t give away any scheme out of respect for the Coaching Staff. And I won’t say anything negative about any player or coaches. It’s been a fun first half.

Offensively-Tristan Polk is the Signal Caller. He’s a Junior. Very tall. Good arm. Threat to run. Pretty typical QB. Has made strides. Solid leader on the field. Wenkers Wright is the Tailback. A Junior. Decent size, deceptively strong, has a great stiff arm, good vision, and can explode through the hole for 6 at any point. Has been clocked in the low 4.4s many times. The backup RB is Calvin Brown. A Senior Captain. He’s a scat-back type, versatile, and has good short area quickness. Also plays WR, Slot, CB, and PR. An important player. Also at WR is Kaleb Quenichet. A Junior. He’s been the main target recently. He’s a tall, possession guy. Sure handed. Landon Deweese. A Senior. Is another good target. Just a solid football player. Floyd uses many TEs. Their O-line is made up of of 4 Jrs and 1 Sr. LT, Zen Mischalski is a Junior. Weighs in about 230 lbs. LG is Caleb Rodgers. A Junior. Weighs in at 290 lbs. The C is Isaac Hatfield. A Junior. Weighs in at 215 lbs. RG is Brenton Rodgers. A Senior. Weighs in at 270 lbs.  And the RT is Trent Hyatt. A Junior. Weighs in at 290 lbs. A big, and steadily improving O-line.

Defense. At LE is Seth Cook. A 215 lb Senior. At NT is Micheal Murphy, a 230 lb Senior. At DT is Daniel Cristiani. A 210 lb Senior. And at RE is Trace Richards, a 190 lb Junior. Richards a former RB, is one of the best athletes on the team and a tremendous pass rusher. Their d-line has been overall solid this season. They get after it. Well coached. At LOLB is Trent Allen, a Junior. At MLB is JD McKay, a Senior. And at ROLB is Caleb Slaughter, a JR. McKay is a Senior Co-Captain. And a sure tackler. Slaughter always seems to be all over the field making tackles. At LCB is Calvin Brown. A Senior Co-Captain. At RCB is Blake Zehnder. A Junior. FS is Trace Willman, a Senior. And SS is Landon Deweese. A Senior. The Secondary is a strength for Floyd. A lot of experience back there. Brown and Zehnder are good man cover guys. Willman is 6”3 Centerfielder that breaks up a lot of passes.

Special Teams-The Kicker and Punter is Senior, Cole Hussung. The Michigan commit, has one of the strongest legs in the State. He’s still working on accuracy but his leg can impact a game. The PR is Calvin Brown. And the KR is Jaxon Farley. A Sophomore. Both guys are solid return men.

Synopsis-For the most part, the team has met expectations. Well coached. And for the most part, still developing. A good Junior core, but definitely some Seniors playing roles too. 

• Like 1

This was forwarded to me via PM. I’ll just leave this here for the fan bois to discuss. 

I understand that you aren't  Seymour fan.. but even if you were...

A Floyd, NA, Jeff, JC, Madison, or BNL fan making fun of a Seymour fan in football is a bit rich. Seymour as whole... is a much more successful program than those others. 

Seymour 4 sectionals 2 regionals 1 semi state. 34-37 overall

BNL has won 1 sectional. 11-35 overall in the tourney

Madison no sectionals. 7-34  

JC no sectionals. 6-34 

Jeff 4 sectionals 27-35

NA 2 sectionals 12-35

FC 2 sectionals  30-34

15 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

This was forwarded to me via PM. I’ll just leave this here for the fan bois to discuss. 

A Floyd, NA, Jeff, JC, Madison, or BNL fan making fun of a Seymour fan in football is a bit rich. Seymour as whole... is a much more successful program than those others. 

JC no sectionals. 6-34 

Jeff 4 sectionals 27-35

NA 2 sectionals 12-35

FC 2 sectionals  30-34

I tried to find Hooty Hoo in honor of the Owls, but the clips were too long for my taste.

Edited by gonzoron
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

JC no sectionals. 6-34 

Jeff 4 sectionals 27-35

NA 2 sectionals 12-35

FC 2 sectionals  30-34

Well, I don’t know why they are throwing everyone in there? Lol. I’m not one that has been “making fun” of Seymour. Obviously, they were very good in the Joe Goodman years. If you go back the past 20 years, Floyd and BNL have been FAR more successful than Seymour. But the only football fan in here that can truly claim dominance, is a Columbus East fan. That’s a real blue blood type of program. Whoever PM you that is obviously a coward for not coming over here and posting that for whoever the fan was that offended them. It obviously wasn’t me either.

Edited by Fkfootball

Well, I don’t know why they are throwing everyone in there?

East clearly is the class of the HHC when you're talking Football. I think "they" were just using the rest of the conference for comparison sake.

Lol. I’m not one that has been “making fun” of Seymour.

Really? "I haven't worried about Seymour since Joe Goodman retired" ring a bell?

Obviously, they were very good in the Joe Goodman years.

On 9/22/2019 at 4:44 PM, Fkfootball said:

I liked Szabo. He built them up. Weber took over a terrible roster. Built them up. It all has to do with talent. 

So on the one hand Szabo "built them up" and the very next sentence the next coach took over a terrible roster? One of those statements is wrong. Or perhaps there's just a chance that coaches have to coach the talent they have, Szabo saw a downturn in talent and left for greener pastures. Seymour had an incredible run of talent in the late 80's-early 2000's. They also had an athletic friendly administration. Seymour was one of the first schools I'm aware of that had a weight class during the school day, it started in 1980. Seymour had a youth football program that started in the 4/5 grade, that went back to the late 60's. All that changed about the time Goodman retired, hmmmm. All of these events happened about the same time........The bottom line is high school coaches can only coach the players they have. 

If you go back the past 20 years, Floyd and BNL have been FAR more successful than Seymour.

You need to figure out when to stop digging. In the past 20 years 1999-2018

Seymour vs. FC 11-9  Seymour 2 Sectional titles 1 regional title. FC 1 Sectional title.

Seymour vs. BNL 8-12 Seymour 2 Sectional titles 1 regional title. BNL 1 Sectional title. 

But the only football fan in here that can truly claim dominance, is a Columbus East fan.

One might argue had it not been for Cathedral, Seymour and East would have been able to add to the history of their programs. With the exception of 2001, after beating East and Seymour, Cathedral went on to win the state title. 

That’s a real blue blood type of program.

I don't believe anyone has argued that they weren't.

Whoever PM you that is obviously a coward for not coming over here and posting that for whoever the fan was that offended them.

I get PM's all the time, I just chose to share this one. I can assure you like me they don't have a dog in the fight. Perhaps I didn't even share the entire PM so you or someone else wouldn't be offended? Calling them a coward while hiding behind an anonymous screen name is a bit ironic isn't it? 

It obviously wasn’t me either.

dale-gribble-conspiracy-theories.jpg

57 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Well, I don’t know why they are throwing everyone in there?

East clearly is the class of the HHC when you're talking Football. I think "they" were just using the rest of the conference for comparison sake.

Lol. I’m not one that has been “making fun” of Seymour.

Really? "I haven't worried about Seymour since Joe Goodman retired" ring a bell?

Obviously, they were very good in the Joe Goodman years.

So on the one hand Szabo "built them up" and the very next sentence the next coach took over a terrible roster? One of those statements is wrong. Or perhaps there's just a chance that coaches have to coach the talent they have, Szabo saw a downturn in talent and left for greener pastures. Seymour had an incredible run of talent in the late 80's-early 2000's. They also had an athletic friendly administration. Seymour was one of the first schools I'm aware of that had a weight class during the school day, it started in 1980. Seymour had a youth football program that started in the 4/5 grade, that went back to the late 60's. All that changed about the time Goodman retired, hmmmm. All of these events happened about the same time........The bottom line is high school coaches can only coach the players they have. 

If you go back the past 20 years, Floyd and BNL have been FAR more successful than Seymour.

You need to figure out when to stop digging. In the past 20 years 1999-2018

Seymour vs. FC 11-9  Seymour 2 Sectional titles 1 regional title. FC 1 Sectional title.

Seymour vs. BNL 8-12 Seymour 2 Sectional titles 1 regional title. BNL 1 Sectional title. 

But the only football fan in here that can truly claim dominance, is a Columbus East fan.

One might argue had it not been for Cathedral, Seymour and East would have been able to add to the history of their programs. With the exception of 2001, after beating East and Seymour, Cathedral went on to win the state title. 

That’s a real blue blood type of program.

I don't believe anyone has argued that they weren't.

Whoever PM you that is obviously a coward for not coming over here and posting that for whoever the fan was that offended them.

I get PM's all the time, I just chose to share this one. I can assure you like me they don't have a dog in the fight. Perhaps I didn't even share the entire PM so you or someone else wouldn't be offended? Calling them a coward while hiding behind an anonymous screen name is a bit ironic isn't it? 

It obviously wasn’t me either.

dale-gribble-conspiracy-theories.jpg

I’ll give you a hand for doing this kind of work. I don’t really care. But I’ll give you props for it.

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Seymour had an incredible run of talent in the late 80's-early 2000's. They also had an athletic friendly administration. Seymour was one of the first schools I'm aware of that had a weight class during the school day, it started in 1980. Seymour had a youth football program that started in the 4/5 grade, that went back to the late 60's. All that changed about the time Goodman retired, hmmmm.

Szabo won without having a unified youth system.

1 hour ago, Fkfootball said:

I’ll give you a hand for doing this kind of work. I don’t really care. But I’ll give you props for it.

Sure when confronted by facts walk away. 

33 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Szabo won without having a unified youth system.

Never discount the advantage of having multiple feeder schools. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Sure when confronted by facts walk away. 

Never discount the advantage of having multiple feeder schools. 

No. But you are basically the message board police here. If anyone says something, you immediately fact check everything. You aren’t on the field. Stop throwing Yellow Flags. Opinions don’t always require facts. It’s all circumstancial.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

No. But you are basically the message board police here. If anyone says something, you immediately fact check everything. You aren’t on the field. Stop throwing Yellow Flags. Opinions don’t always require facts. It’s all circumstancial.

Maybe not, but it seems like a good place to start. 

• Like 2