Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider Football Stadium

It was just announced at the Snider board meeting that Snider will be building a 4,000 seat football stadium at the school. This will include the relocation of the tennis courts to Lane Middle School, relocation of all current bleachers to North Side High School. If I knew how to copy and paste I would. I am sure someone on here will be able to do it

36 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

It was just announced at the Snider board meeting that Snider will be building a 4,000 seat football stadium at the school. This will include the relocation of the tennis courts to Lane Middle School, relocation of all current bleachers to North Side High School. If I knew how to copy and paste I would. I am sure someone on here will be able to do it

That's good news. I would have thought at least 5000 being a 6A football program, but they'll take what they can get. Kudos to FWCS for getting this done. 

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

That's good news. I would have thought at least 5000 being a 6A football program, but they'll take what they can get. Kudos to FWCS for getting this done. 

Correction: Kudos to FWCS......if.......they get this done. To be completed by Fall of 2026. Seating for 4000. Additional parking. New concession and restroom building. Current bleachers to be relocated to North Side for additional visitor seating. 

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

https://www.wane.com/news/football-stadium-proposed-for-snider-high-school/

11 hours ago, psaboy said:

4,000 seems kind of small, what does Dwenger, Carroll and Homestead stadiums seat? Maybe the 4,000 is max for the space, If they put where I think they would. 

Dwenger is 3200. Carroll is 6000. But Carroll has more space and resources than Snider and Dwenger.

I would implore to FWCS to push more toward the 5000 mark. Right now, I'm presuming 2600 on the home side and 1400 on the visiting side. Although that would work for most games, I can see revenue massively affected for one or two games per season. Catch Dwenger, Carroll, Homestead, or North Side on a good season, and they'll fill up the 1400 fast. In fact, some fans won't show up if they know there isn't ample seating.........see Dwenger and Luers as examples. It also won't be enough for good traveling teams like Merrillville and Penn.

But again, I'm sure the Snider football community is thrilled at the proposal as it sits. I just hate to see potential revenue left on the table. The visiting side at Spuller Stadium seats 2500. Over the last two seasons, three programs darn near filled that up. Visual estimates: Carroll probably brought 2300 last season. Merrillville probably brought 1800. The season before, North Side was near that 2300 mark. Ideally, Snider's home side should seat 3000 with the visiting side seating 2000. Is it reasonable to think that Snider, who regularly fills up Spuller's 2500, will bring more fans since the stadium is now withing walking distance for many? Either way, this is a great thing for FWCS's and Snider.

9 hours ago, BTF said:

Dwenger is 3200. Carroll is 6000. But Carroll has more space and resources than Snider and Dwenger.

I would implore to FWCS to push more toward the 5000 mark. Right now, I'm presuming 2600 on the home side and 1400 on the visiting side. Although that would work for most games, I can see revenue massively affected for one or two games per season. Catch Dwenger, Carroll, Homestead, or North Side on a good season, and they'll fill up the 1400 fast. In fact, some fans won't show up if they know there isn't ample seating.........see Dwenger and Luers as examples. It also won't be enough for good traveling teams like Merrillville and Penn.

But again, I'm sure the Snider football community is thrilled at the proposal as it sits. I just hate to see potential revenue left on the table. The visiting side at Spuller Stadium seats 2500. Over the last two seasons, three programs darn near filled that up. Visual estimates: Carroll probably brought 2300 last season. Merrillville probably brought 1800. The season before, North Side was near that 2300 mark. Ideally, Snider's home side should seat 3000 with the visiting side seating 2000. Is it reasonable to think that Snider, who regularly fills up Spuller's 2500, will bring more fans since the stadium is now withing walking distance for many? Either way, this is a great thing for FWCS's and Snider.

I really think that space limits the seating for Snider. 6,000 would be ideal when Snider plays good teams, when they play a team like South Side, 1 lawn chair would be enough for South Side’s fans.

This would be a great thing for Snider football and their fans to have a real home. It would also stop the embarrassment of FWCS insistence over the years of, by far, the top drawing public school in Fort Wayne not having its own field while programs like Northrop, Wayne, and South Side that can’t draw 500 fans get their own stadium. The utter, complete incompetence of the FWCS administration to draw this out for so long is shameful

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

I really think that space limits the seating for Snider. 6,000 would be ideal when Snider plays good teams,

when they play a team like South Side, 1 lawn chair would be enough for South Side’s fans.

This would be a great thing for Snider football and their fans to have a real home. 

Spacing could very well be an issue and the reason for 4000 (which will accommodate most games). I just think the financial payback will be significant if they can find a way to squeeze in an extra 1000 (will be needed twice a year on average, sometimes once depending on the playoff run that year). Word gets around when you don't have ample seating for the visitors. They won't bother showing up, they'll stay home and watch it on the internet. 

To South Side's defense, I've seen 100 in the visiting stands before. They do seem to show up for their home games though.

14 minutes ago, BTF said:

Spacing could very well be an issue and the reason for 4000 (which will accommodate most games). I just think the financial payback will be significant if they can find a way to squeeze in an extra 1000 (will be needed twice a year on average, sometimes once depending on the playoff run that year). Word gets around when you don't have ample seating for the visitors. They won't bother showing up, they'll stay home and watch it on the internet. 

To South Side's defense, I've seen 100 in the visiting stands before. They do seem to show up for their home games though.

I have also seen games vs. South have about 10 fans on their side. Point being, how in the Hell did they get a stadium before Snider??

5 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

I have also seen games vs. South have about 10 fans on their side. Point being, how in the Hell did they get a stadium before Snider??

Agree, I've seen 10 fans on a few occasions. Trust me, wondering why the top (by far) football revenue producing school in Fort Wayne just happened to be the only program without a field has always been the million dollar question. Maybe this current plan has been in the works longer than we realize. I do give credit to FWCS, they could have said, "Northrop's been your home for five decades and it will continue to be your home." Instead, not only are they building a stadium, but they are pumping 30 million in improvements to the campus. Just take it, don't look back, and savor the memories of the all gigantic games at Spuller Spuller stadium. 

55 minutes ago, BTF said:

Agree, I've seen 10 fans on a few occasions. Trust me, wondering why the top (by far) football revenue producing school in Fort Wayne just happened to be the only program without a field has always been the million dollar question. Maybe this current plan has been in the works longer than we realize. I do give credit to FWCS, they could have said, "Northrop's been your home for five decades and it will continue to be your home." Instead, not only are they building a stadium, but they are pumping 30 million in improvements to the campus. Just take it, don't look back, and savor the memories of the all gigantic games at Spuller Spuller stadium. 

As you know, Rod Woodson was willing to help fund a stadium for Snider many years ago and FWCS shut it down saying they wouldn’t let him in one of the most asinine decisions ever. But hey, let’s build South Side a stadium in another idiotic decision while the cow cash of Fort Wayne public high schools is forced to continue to play their games at Northrop

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2024 at 11:05 PM, psaboy said:

4,000 seems kind of small, what does Dwenger, Carroll and Homestead stadiums seat? Maybe the 4,000 is max for the space, If they put where I think they would. 

Maybe for bigger games where the schools they are playing may bring more fans they will move it to the bigger stadium. But, even then, teams like Penn don't travel like they used to. Hell the students hardly come to the home games. 

On 6/12/2024 at 5:33 PM, Komets2727 said:

As you know, Rod Woodson was willing to help fund a stadium for Snider many years ago and FWCS shut it down saying they wouldn’t let him in one of the most asinine decisions ever. But hey, let’s build South Side a stadium in another idiotic decision while the cow cash of Fort Wayne public high schools is forced to continue to play their games at Northrop

TAKE THE MONEY!!! You are a public school, take all the financial assistance you can. Good gravy.