Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Impeachment inquiry

TheStatGuy

19 hours ago, swordfish said:

Genesis.......The  origin or coming into being of something......

Unless the two topics are in someway not related at all.....and are not a continuation of a conspired strategy.....

The reason for that, Maria is, because the Democrats made the mistake staking the credibility of all this on Adam Schiff, the person that they put in charge of this investigation, turns out is the one that helped start it by meeting with a person who walked out of Adam Schiff's office and became the whistleblower. At the very same time that is happening, as you mentioned, now there is an inspector general report that comes out and says during the last impeachment hoax, the Trump/Russia one, Adam Schiff repeatedly made false statements to the American people about the FBI's actions.

17 hours ago, gonzoron said:

You can spin it how you’ve been instructed to all you want. Have at it. At least you’re attacking an adult now. Baby steps.

No spin - just the facts that your side has a problem making the connection.......

FYI - That "kid" is now a public figure like it or not she begged for the spotlight and now she has it........

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

You’re not. I’m not here for substance. I’m here for my own entertainment.

So you go to facebook for substance?

2 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Then you're obviously missing most of the entertainment value of FB. 

I try to eschew most forms of social media.  There is enough 'entertainment' out there to last a person a lifetime even without facebook, twitter, instagram, etc.

• Disdain 2

12 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Ok.  May I please ask what sources you utilize for "real news" and "substance"?   Or is consuming "entertainment" currently your only goal in life?

Well the pool is getting more and more shallow as news outlets are really starting to frown on ad blockers. I've also found as I've gotten older that I really need less "real news" and "substance" in my life, given the fact that I have ZERO control over any of it, and a lot more entertainment. Given the choice of Don Lemon, Sean Hannity, or Andy Griffith reruns, I'll that TAGS reruns every day and twice on Sunday. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Well the pool is getting more and more shallow as news outlets are really starting to frown on ad blockers. I've also found as I've gotten older that I really need less "real news" and "substance" in my life, given the fact that I have ZERO control over any of it, and a lot more entertainment. Given the choice of Don Lemon, Sean Hannity, or Andy Griffith reruns, I'll that TAGS reruns every day and twice on Sunday. 

I have only watched the likes of Mr. Lemon and Mr. Hannity a handful of times and have no desire to revisit their partisan rhetoric.     Agree on the point about ad blockers.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Ok.  May I please ask what sources you utilize for "real news" and "substance"? 

There aren't any sources anymore for "real news" and "substance". 

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Or is consuming "entertainment" currently your only goal in life?

Can you think of a better goal? Like changing the world from a high school football internet forum perhaps? Funny stuff.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, gonzoron said:

There aren't any sources anymore for "real news" and "substance". 

I think that there are,  one just has to be more discriminating.    Most of the news articles I read at places like apnews.com or reuters.com do not have a uni-party bias.  Neither does the excellent reporting and opinions at reason.com or the podcast No Agenda.

16 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Can you think of a better goal? Like changing the world from a high school football internet forum perhaps? Funny stuff.

So you believe you can "change the world" from a high school football internet forum?   

• Disdain 2

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

No. Some users must if they have disdain for those who only consider it "entertainment".

Disdain?  Where was that word used in our recent conversation?    You don't agree that sometimes minds can be changed, or at least thought-provoking questions raised,  on a internet  message forum?

• Disdain 2

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Disdain?  Where was that word used in our recent conversation?   

dis·dain
/disˈdān/
noun

1. the feeling that someone or something is unworthy of one's consideration or respect; contempt.

See below. 

On 12/17/2019 at 8:16 AM, Muda69 said:

Your insipid links to facebook pictures don't work for some of us, including me.   I believe that is a good thing. And the fact that your political views are primarily based on a facebook circle jerk,  not so good.

23 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Yes. But I'm fairly certain I'm not missing anything of real substance, much like your posts.

6 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

You don't agree that sometimes minds can be changed, or at least thought-provoking questions raised,  on a internet  message forum?

No.

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:
dis·dain
/disˈdān/
noun

1. the feeling that someone or something is unworthy of one's consideration or respect; contempt.

See below. 

No.

So no, I never used that word.  Thanks for proving that.

But I'm sorry that you believe that internet message forums only exist to "entertain" you.

• Disdain 2

17 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Disdain?  Where was that word used in our recent conversation?    You don't agree that sometimes minds can be changed, or at least thought-provoking questions raised,  on a internet  message forum?

I would agree that thought provoking questions can be asked. Minds changed.....ehhhh I don't know about that. 

The largely visceral interactions that have gone on via the Internet since day one do little to change minds, quite the contrary I think it only serves to entrench people deeper in the their beliefs. They tune out what they don't want to hear. As an example, I have a bunch of liberal friends on FB and they post all this political crap which I largely ignore. One day a friend makes a post about the Charlottesvile  and goes on to opine that speech like this has to be silenced, it needs to be made illegal. I couldn't help myself, I had to reply. I was immediately barraged by her legion of 50 something recovering soccer moms, and several other classmates. Of course several unfriended me, which is fine, I don't determine my worth by my collection of FB friends. So my point being, no one wants to hear what they disagree with. They only want to be in an echo chamber with like minded voices. As time marches on, I see this becoming more and more the norm. As our visceral interactions online are spilling over into actual real world interactions. 

I think minds change over years, from various inputs, most notable wisdom and experience that comes with age. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

They only want to be in an echo chamber with like minded voices.

Which IMHO is what several here want the GIB OOB forum to become.    That and a repository for cat videos/memes.

I'm afraid that was not the vision of the late, great Tim Adams.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1
  • Sit and spin 1