Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2020 a new beginning

I don't have an opinion on Evansville either way. 

How do the new PAC schools fit into the new conference? Good move, bad move, or just had to make a move? Will the new teams benefit from a different schedule and which original PAC team benefits the most?

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I’ve been to like 28 states and have lived in 6 states man.  I’m not the one who needs to get out more 😂

Yep...my last 3 vacations have been to Indy. Not much of a vacation but at least my entire family was able to met us there all 3 times.

BTW I like the new PAC

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Screagle said:

Yep...my last 3 vacations have been to Indy. Not much of a vacation but at least my entire family was able to met us there all 3 times.

BTW I like the new PAC

Oof. Alright got me there 😂

I would love a vacation to Indy to watch my brother/GS play for a championship.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, JQWL said:

How do the new PAC schools fit into the new conference? Good move, bad move, or just had to make a move? Will the new teams benefit from a different schedule and which original PAC team benefits the most?

New PAC is 100% a plus....unless you’re boonville lol. But hey. Maybe even for them it’s a plus. 

the weaker schools are able to schedule to their liking more. The bigger schools get an upgrade for schedule (marginally). 

the real strength here is the 4 non conference games for teams where there is tons of flexibility.  Some teams are opting to play up. Like GS. Some are pretty going more neutral...others are able to schedule small schools.  Hopefully the typical bottom of the PAC are the biggest winners here.  We would all love to see teams like pike central be competitive. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JQWL said:

Lot's of winners in the new format in terms of doing what is best for their particular program and that varies widely as it should.  Lots of flexibility for all involved.  

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Oof. Alright got me there 😂

I would love a vacation to Indy to watch my brother/GS play for a championship.

2020 looks like great opportunity. Obviously getting out of 32 and L-burg will be extremely challenging. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Screagle said:

2020 looks like great opportunity. Obviously getting out of 32 and L-burg will be extremely challenging. 

Got a schedule that should definitely prepare us for that. 

im hoping that by seasons end that if anything, this years team will be seen as the most disciplined team for Hart....which is a tall task still. But the idea with a schedule like this is that you eventually get really good at limiting any and all mistakes 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, tango said:

Is anyone a little surprised at this?  

Nope, could see both sides. He had success when he had a established program with talent. He lives in Owensboro and has not had the results at SS I’m sure he had expected. 

4 minutes ago, Sacked said:

I would of thought that the Catholic job that he left for South Spencer would have been better than the Apollo job. 

I'm guessing a public school teaching/coaching job would pay more than a Catholic school teaching/job...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tango said:

I'm guessing a public school teaching/coaching job would pay more than a Catholic school teaching/job...

If I remember correctly he stated that the benefits had become too expensive and the pay was lacking compared to South Spencer. That was a few years ago so I could be misremembering....

On 1/15/2020 at 2:27 PM, Titan32 said:

I think this change could help to turn the tide at Pike Central.  More of the same at Washington I am afraid...they have plenty of kids...hopefully they can get it turned around.  Basketball is so popular there but I can remember some very good Washington football teams.

We believe that this move is going to be a good thing for PC football as well.  We knew for a couple years out that the numbers for the 2019 season would be small as there were two classes back to back that never had a lot of numbers and resulted in 1 Jr. High team when they were in Jr. High. PC Football numbers should start to return to normal in the 2020 season as we expect 35-45 players in grades 9-12 for the upcoming season.  Our youth program is strong and in 2019 we fielded two junior high teams, two 5/6th grade teams, two 3rd/4th grade teams, and had 70+ students participate in our k-2 flag football program.    

Edited by Charger Coach 1
typo
  • Like 7

17 hours ago, Cappy said:

If I remember correctly he stated that the benefits had become too expensive and the pay was lacking compared to South Spencer. That was a few years ago so I could be misremembering....

I would say that is accurate based on what I know about parochial school pay on this side of the Ohio river.

1 hour ago, Charger Coach 1 said:

We believe that this move is going to be a good thing for PC football as well.  We knew for a couple years out that the numbers for the 2019 season would be small as there were two classes back to back that never had a lot of numbers and resulted in 1 Jr. High team when they were in Jr. High. PC Football numbers should start to return to normal in the 2020 season as we expect 35-45 players in grades 9-12 for the upcoming season.  Our youth program is strong and in 2019 we fielded two junior high teams, two 5/6th grade teams, two 3rd/4th grade teams, and had 70+ students participate in our k-2 flag football program.    

Great news for PAC football and PC!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charger Coach 1 said:

great to hear...nice to see you on the schedule again...and not the first game of the season!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, JQWL said:

South Spencer is accepting applications until March 6th so I would guess late March before they hire.

It is going to be very interesting to see how the domino's fall, especially if one job is more sought after than the rest. South Spencer has a lot of tradition and always has good athletes and has been extremely successful in other sports not too long ago. Mt Vernon had some real positive program wide momentum going and has really nice facilities and use to be (may still be) one of the higher paying school districts around.