Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference 2019

WL will be far from Bare:  They do have to replace a boat load on Defense, but they still have a good core back as well.  Offensively, Kyle Adams will continue to make guys around him better, return 3 real good WR,  Truit, Yanni (if they use him) and Blankman 

RCHS:  will have a good core back from 2 years worth of starting and hopefully continue growth from our freshman class into sophomore years.   As my friend says WORK WINS

LCC:  year 2 of the new system, I see more improvement forthcoming with soon to be SOPH slinger behind center

TL:  Love Coach Mannering's teams, gritty, fundamentally sound:   I think they played a ton of young guys on Defense last year.   

BC:  I like Coach Hammons, hopefully he continues to get guys out of the hallways and onto the field 

Tipton:  I defer to @Fballfan15 but I believe he has stated they will be alright, but in a few years another state contender:  I saw KJ has an opportunity at u Indy 

Western:  Big, Physical group, lose some good LB, but I think Gifford, RB is back 

Cass:  Loaded with a very talented SR class upcoming, lose a couple of OL, but they can beat you in RPO spread or traditional WingT

HH:  Transition year last year, but they had lots of numbers:   Got hit HARD by injury bug last year 

Northwestern:  Had turmoil with lots of HC movement over the last few years, Coach Robison is quality coach and guy, see if that stability equates to more successful year.  

Tipton loses a ton but still have a lot of talent especially in the current sophomores(next years Juniors). Jayvin Lyons was a 2 way starter and Junior All state as a sophomore. He lead the team in tackles. Played OL last year but could move to RB or TE. Drew Pearce started at WR/S as a sophomore and should be a big time weapon running and receiving. Stephens was Junior All State on the OL. Tipton will need to replace QB(big shoes to fill), RB, 2 Wr’s and 3 OL. Lyons, Pearce, Stephens, and Ramsey are all returning starters on defense. Several others played quite a bit. I expect Tipton to be solid this year and then really good again in 2020. KJ Roudebush was offered a scholarship to UIndy. Visiting Marian and Kentucky Weselyn this week. His replacement will be Sam Edwards who is a lot like Kellen a Woods from a few years ago. 

Cass is my favorite on our side this year. Western will still be good but Gifford will be tough to replace. Heights should be better but who knows. I thought they would be good this past year. NW was young and will be improved. 

4 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

Tipton loses a ton but still have a lot of talent especially in the current sophomores(next years Juniors). Jayvin Lyons was a 2 way starter and Junior All state as a sophomore. He lead the team in tackles. Played OL last year but could move to RB or TE. Drew Pearce started at WR/S as a sophomore and should be a big time weapon running and receiving. Stephens was Junior All State on the OL. Tipton will need to replace QB(big shoes to fill), RB, 2 Wr’s and 3 OL. Lyons, Pearce, Stephens, and Ramsey are all returning starters on defense. Several others played quite a bit. I expect Tipton to be solid this year and then really good again in 2020. KJ Roudebush was offered a scholarship to UIndy. Visiting Marian and Kentucky Weselyn this week. His replacement will be Sam Edwards who is a lot like Kellen a Woods from a few years ago. 

Cass is my favorite on our side this year. Western will still be good but Gifford will be tough to replace. Heights should be better but who knows. I thought they would be good this past year. NW was young and will be improved. 

Good insight into Tipton.  By just sheer numbers, Western has to be the favorite on the East side every year.  Ault will be a tough one for them to replace, but I am sure they have someone waiting in the wings.  That single wing is very tough to stop for schools on the East side of the division.  Will they make any offensive changes?  They made an early exit from the tournament last year.  Can they run that offense against good 4a talent?

21 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

just saw that Yanni Karlaftis was offered by Ohio State today

Coach Mattison who was hot and heavy after George has taken job at OSU, so this is not a surprise and my guess is that Yanni will to be a national recruit, he will be a JR next year 

He's allegedly good at the footballing, people talk. Been a long time since anything like that level of offer was around these parts. Realistically I can't think of one. Lots of kids I thought could garner it, but rare air for sure.

15 minutes ago, CoachDale said:

He's allegedly good at the footballing, people talk. Been a long time since anything like that level of offer was around these parts. Realistically I can't think of one. Lots of kids I thought could garner it, but rare air for sure.

These parts not count Cass County? Where Mr. Football and Notre Dame player Jack Kiser resides? They are a conference opponent for the Hoosier.

41 minutes ago, CoachDale said:

His brother was offered by Alabama a year ago! Really has been a long time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As part of the CFWM activities, I'm posting a pic of the latest Caddy that was conferred.  Thanks to @Coach Nowlin for taking time out of his schedule to travel across time zones to deliver it.  Also thanks to Coach Meeks for taking time out to create the Caddy and for his support of the Hoosier Conference GID Pick 'em activities.  Hoping for another good year in the CFWM so I can try to catch up with Coach Durham and his legendary four Caddies.

1580247717_caddy2016and2018.thumb.JPG.46c1325b94247e0116182677878836db.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, foxbat said:

As part of the CFWM activities, I'm posting a pic of the latest Caddy that was conferred.  Thanks to @Coach Nowlin for taking time out of his schedule to travel across time zones to deliver it.  Also thanks to Coach Meeks for taking time out to create the Caddy and for his support of the Hoosier Conference GID Pick 'em activities.  Hoping for another good year in the CFWM so I can try to catch up with Coach Durham and his legendary four Caddies.

Congratulations!!!

Edited by nmsu_aggie

On 1/20/2019 at 2:21 PM, foxbat said:

Is that correct picks or points? I feel like there needs to be some serious clarification on said plaque.

By design I got out of FB for a calendar year, I barely even watched Purdue or the Colts until just this last month, for fear of wanting to return to a sideline. Perhaps the addict is over his addiction? Perhaps I can return to the land of GIFs and Obscure Movie Quotes? Foxie doublin' down makes me green with envy.

10 minutes ago, CoachDale said:

Is that correct picks or points? I feel like there needs to be some serious clarification on said plaque.

By design I got out of FB for a calendar year, I barely even watched Purdue or the Colts until just this last month, for fear of wanting to return to a sideline. Perhaps the addict is over his addiction? Perhaps I can return to the land of GIFs and Obscure Movie Quotes? Foxie doublin' down makes me green with envy.

I think it's points.

Lookin' to triple-down this season. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking man I miss me some Gameday Haiku, but as I sat down... the light bulb illuminated

Who you Crappin'? But it's not Thursday. Friday Fung? Been a minute since we had Friday Fung.That's it, Friday Fung. Theme... Happy Endings

Sit back gents, and let me paint you a picture. It was a cold dark rainy Friday late in the year, circa 2015. Twin Lakes was set to make the long trek southward to Hamilton Heights. A spry and rather daring CoachDale hatches a plan, the equipment truck will make a detour through Greentown to the home of the CFWMer Champ... the one and only SacrificialLamb. Logistics are logged, plans are planned, details detailed. His homeboy hooks him up at his pizza joint, Circle Pizza (shameless plug for my boy), with a venerable smorgasbord of pizza shop deliciousness, with one statement "just make sure you win, I got the bill". The truck pulls into the DawgPound just seconds after the bus. We get a laugh at the hillbillies out front blasting Kid Rock in Daisy Dukes in cold rain, and dancing in their truck beds. We enter the halls, and the staff begins crushing like 2 pies, breadsticks, and several sandwiches. As the kids are coming in and out of the locker room to get taped, "ah that's why CoachDale was so quick to get out ahead of the bus, we wondered why you weren't already here, hey can I have a piece?" 😂 "Heckno Techno! We coaches are maintaining peak performance. Go do your player things... we got bitness to handle."

The game commences in a freezing rain monsoon with like 20mph winds straight out of the north. The only offensive production was headed south towards the scoreboard. In fact I don't think the north half of the field was touched more than a handful of times. We take the wind at our backs in the 4th for obvious reasons. It ends up a sloppy mess and 14-14. We drive down and kick a field goal as the horn goes off to win 17-14, from one of the few times the ball was on the north side of the 50. The kids are jubilant, the parents tunnel us out to the bus, cheerleaders cheer, grown men are hugging each other and jumping up and down, angels sang down through the clouds, the whole nine yards. Little did they know, that a wily CoachDale had half a SuperDeluxe stashed away in the equipment truck for the drive home.

If that ain't a happy ending, I don't know what is.

image.png.dc0d5c36a613a62f20c685cb04e71ed4.png

Fung is winning, Winning is fung.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

WInter Hoosier Conference love

3a Girls state title will go to a Hoosier team,  Northwestern squares off with Benton Central, who somehow was sent SOUTH, but they, so was Tipton in Football, so who knows these days!!  Congrats to both schools on making it to the big show.

Wrestling State finals just finished:  
I believe the best finisher for the Hoosier was K.J. Roudenbush for Tipton, finishing 3rd in his weight class. 

Joey Kidwell was top 8 as well

Eli Hickman was dealt a tough draw from Rensselaer as he got 2 time state champ and IU bound Asa Garcia from Avon, pretty good grappler there!!   So he was out 1st round on Friday

I know Western had a few qualified as well.   

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hall of Fame Coach

Hall of Fame Dad

What a moving tribute by Coach Mannering's daughter and those who did not know what kind of man, Coach Scott Mannering is, this should give you all you need to know.   

I have been fortunate to have been able to coach against him from his time at Lewis Cass and now at Twin Lakes, he is what this video depicts, competitor through and through but also does not lose sight of his purpose in  life.   Cheers to you Coach Mannering

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Hall of Fame Coach

Hall of Fame Dad

What a moving tribute by Coach Mannering's daughter and those who did not know what kind of man, Coach Scott Mannering is, this should give you all you need to know.   

I have been fortunate to have been able to coach against him from his time at Lewis Cass and now at Twin Lakes, he is what this video depicts, competitor through and through but also does not lose sight of his purpose in  life.   Cheers to you Coach Mannering

A very good man, excellent coach and even better mentor.  He had a very significant influence on my nephew when he played for him at Cass.  I believe to this day, that my nephew would not have finished HS if not for the encouragement and trust Coach Mannering had in him.  

On 5/14/2019 at 9:39 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

Hall of Fame Coach

Hall of Fame Dad

I have been very fortunate to be able to spend much of my early adulthood being mentored by him.  He truly is an incredible guy. Getting a chance to witness all those days of practice and Friday nights and see him and Meg's relationship as well as the boys was truly special.  What an outstanding tribute from Meg.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...