Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Lets End this RPO Madness

Guest DT

6 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Not only did you whine about it, you pinned it, then whined when it got unpinned. Which of course turned into a giant pissing contest....much like you’re trying to bait me into here. 

He whined and begged until he got what he asked for. He had some help whining about it. Anyone can read the thread here if you don't believe me. You don't have to be a "member" of the OOB to read anything there.

https://gridirondigest.net/topic/2172-insanity-is-doing-the-same-thing-over-and-over-again-but-expecting-different-results/

• Disdain 1

18 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

He whined and begged until he got what he asked for. He had some help whining about it. Anyone can read the thread here if you don't believe me. You don't have to be a "member" of the OOB to read anything there.

https://gridirondigest.net/topic/2172-insanity-is-doing-the-same-thing-over-and-over-again-but-expecting-different-results/

If displaying the truth regarding the actions of another GID member is "whining" according to you and IO, then guilty as charged.   Sorry that you and IO are so butt hurt about it.  The world isn't fair, is it now?

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1
  • Sit and spin 1

45 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

If displaying the truth regarding the actions of another GID member is "whining" according to you and IO, then guilty as charged.   Sorry that you and IO are so butt hurt about it.  The world isn't fair, is it now?

The world can be fair. Strange that you consider this website your world.

We have learned that 1 gazillion=22,000 though.

gazillion.jpg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

The world can be fair. Strange that you consider this website your world.

No, it can't.  Sorry that you have that Utopian vision, secure in your Hamilton County compound.

This website my world?  lol, hardly.  Like you have stated yourself this website is primarily entertainment.  My world is the interactions I have with the family, my friends, my co-workers, and my physical environment.    

It's supposed to be a pretty nice day today weather wise, gonzoron.  Why don't you get out into it and do some walking/hiking? 

43 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

We have learned that 1 gazillion=22,000 though.

gazillion.jpg

Ask and you shall receive.

• Disdain 1
  • Sit and spin 1

18 hours ago, Gipper said:

All I have to say that I did have productive things to say, but apparently he thinks his thoughts matter above everyone else’s and can’t take a joke.  Did I go too far with a few of my posts?  Possibly, but no one is in then position to play God of who can be here and who cannot.

I thought this was a public forum...

its accessible to the public, however our website is not a do what you want place 

17 hours ago, Muda69 said:

No, it's not.  The GID is a private entity.

This is correct:  you all can stay if you can be civil....

15 hours ago, DT said:

Karlaftis looked exactly like what he was in 2019.  A young freshman playing with older men.  Lets see how he develops.  

Saw him at Purdue basketball game get introduced with David Bell, he was not the same size.   

12 hours ago, Muda69 said:

No, I did not whine.  You can ask Mr. Nowlin yourself.

I can confirm that Muda has not once ever reached out to me about the downvote game that you guys play with him.   

I under my own will decided twice to reward him with lots of "reputation" points just to see how long it takes to get down to zero from 1000.    For my own entertainment.   I do find it fascinating that folks want to stalk every post of his to just downvote him.   True dedication to nonsense if I have ever seen one. 

Now:  Get back to RPO discussions and we all can live happily ever after in this little world of the inter webs .   

GIPPER:   You adding non stop "GIF" hasn't helped your cause in this current debate, just saying.   

• Sit and spin 1

2 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

its accessible to the public, however our website is not a do what you want place 

Saw him at Purdue basketball game get introduced with David Bell, he was not the same size.   

I can confirm that Muda has not once ever reached out to me about the downvote game that you guys play with him.   

I under my own will decided twice to reward him with lots of "reputation" points just to see how long it takes to get down to zero from 1000.    For my own entertainment.   I do find it fascinating that folks want to stalk every post of his to just downvote him.   True dedication to nonsense if I have ever seen one. 

Now:  Get back to RPO discussions and we all can live happily ever after in this little world of the inter webs .   

GIPPER:   You adding non stop "GIF" hasn't helped your cause in this current debate, just saying.   

I get the same treatment on the main forum from goofs like barryosama and gonzoron.  But hey, as long as they are consuming the content, we are all winning.  

7 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I agree with that.  Just a little stir crazy...

9 minutes ago, DT said:

I get the same treatment on the main forum from goofs like barryosama and gonzoron.  But hey, as long as they are consuming the content, we are all winning.  

I doubt if either one reads more than one sentence of a post, or bothers to click on an link. Not exactly consumption of the content..................

• Disdain 1
  • Sit and spin 1

18 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Unless your name is Muda69

19 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Not true.

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Ask and you shall receive.

19 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I under my own will decided twice to reward him with lots of "reputation" points just to see how long it takes to get down to zero from 1000

It was 3 times

22 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Unless your name is Muda69

OPINION not FACT

Not true.

Says who? When I gave him his 1st 1k in green, I did it on my own accord, same with the 2nd set.   I sent him a PM out of courtesy to let him know what I did for my OWN entertainment. 

It was 3 times  

I am guilty of 2 times, gotta take last nights 25k up with someone else.  

Here is a thought:   Its a CRAZY CRAZY one folks:    

Utilize the Ignore feature on our website.    

This is nothing more the OOB cesspool filtering into the main forum with you all going back and forth like this.       Take a deep breathe folks.    Or maybe someone will tell me in emoji form to "sit and spin" again .........     Which I found amusing just for the record.  

one of the countless reasons why Football is the greatest team sport in the world is this very concept of one size doesn't have to fit all.  

Some coaches feel like the spread hurry up with RPO fits their teams and what they want to accomplish others like the Wing T, other like the Wing T out shotgun , others like under center wishbone/flexbone triple option, others like to line up 9 guys across the Offensive Front line, put their best athlete back in shotgun and run mesh and Qb Iso all day long (yea I am talking to you New Prairie)   

All systems can be successful.    No different then teams that run 3 man fronts, 4 man, 5 man,  

3-3 Stack

3-4

3-5

4-3

4-4

4-2-5

5-2 

5-3

• Like 2

The RPO tipping point came for me when I was watching Kyler Murray run the offense for the Arizona Cardinals.  

Murray, for starters, is about 5'8".  When I first flipped on the game, I thought I was watching a high school game, but there wee too many people in the stadium.  When I finally realized what I was watching, it hit me that RPO makes the pro game look like a high school game.

Note - this is my OPINION.  Not a fact.  We all see things differently.  

The RPO makes receivers look great

It also minimizes the great whole finding vision of a star running back.  

Minimizes the blocking efficiancy of a big strong full back.

Eliminates the hole opening concepts of trapping and pulling.

Marginalizes the TEs blocking capabilities.

Takes the deep bomb threat out of the QBs hands.

Eliminates the pancake block of a monster offensive lineman

This is why we watch football.

RPO is playground football.  Run up the yards and the score and whoever scores last wins.

17 minutes ago, DT said:

The RPO tipping point came for me when I was watching Kyler Murray run the offense for the Arizona Cardinals.  

Murray, for starters, is about 5'8".  When I first flipped on the game, I thought I was watching a high school game, but there wee too many people in the stadium.  When I finally realized what I was watching, it hit me that RPO makes the pro game look like a high school game.

Note - this is my OPINION.  Not a fact.  We all see things differently.  

The RPO makes receivers look great

It also minimizes the great whole finding vision of a star running back.  

Minimizes the blocking efficiancy of a big strong full back.

Eliminates the hole opening concepts of trapping and pulling.

Marginalizes the TEs blocking capabilities.

Takes the deep bomb threat out of the QBs hands.

Eliminates the pancake block of a monster offensive lineman

This is why we watch football.

RPO is playground football.  Run up the yards and the score and whoever scores last wins.

Cardinals were ranked Top 10 in rushing last season and 24 in passing ... with more rushing than passing on whole.  They were also in the Top 10 when rushing to the left and center that went for 10+ yards including #1 in number of 10+ rushes right in the center.  They were Top 10 in rushing TDs and rushing yards.

image.png.6647500c797d0beb1b440e73a6161bcd.png

image.thumb.png.b7115b056a2e3182507fa5024222dbec.png

• Thanks 1

And they finished dead last in the NFC west at 5-10-1

Cardinals will be looking or a Pro Style QB in upcoming drafts.

Murray and Mayfield are destined to fail in the NFL.  Just too small

Murray does have Oakland A's to fall back on if that is the case. 

Be interesting year 2 of Kingsbury led offensive package does and what upgrades they make up front. 

What was Arizona's Defense ranks?  

OL PFF Grades?   

Big one with talking about Arizona would be Time of Possession:   Typically speaking, cannot score if you do not have the ball:   Did Arizona lead the league in tempo last year?   in 3 and outs?? 

17 minutes ago, DT said:

And they finished dead last in the NFC west at 5-10-1

Cardinals will be looking or a Pro Style QB in upcoming drafts.

Murray and Mayfield are destined to fail in the NFL.  Just too small

Mayfield's taller than Brees.  Mayfield's problem is that he plays for the Browns.  Also, the Cardinals were 3-13 in 2018 under Rosen who was 6'4".  Russell Wilson is only an inch taller than Murray and two inches shorter than Mayfield.  His Seahawks finished 2nd in the NFC West.  Guess that inch makes all the difference when running RPO.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Mayfield's taller than Brees.  Mayfield's problem is that he plays for the Browns.  Also, the Cardinals were 3-13 in 2018 under Rosen who was 6'4".  Russell Wilson is only an inch taller than Murray and two inches shorter than Mayfield.  His Seahawks finished 2nd in the NFC West.  Guess that inch makes all the difference when running RPO.

Mayfield has a little too much Manziel about him to be a success in the NFL.  Brees and Wilson are certainly role models for smaller QBs, but both have more stature and presence than Murray and Mayfield

10 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Murray does have Oakland A's to fall back on if that is the case. 

Be interesting year 2 of Kingsbury led offensive package does and what upgrades they make up front. 

What was Arizona's Defense ranks?  

OL PFF Grades?   

Big one with talking about Arizona would be Time of Possession:   Typically speaking, cannot score if you do not have the ball:   Did Arizona lead the league in tempo last year?   in 3 and outs?? 

TOP for Cardinals was one of the lowest in the league.  Haven't looked at the details of how that happened though ... 3-and-outs vs. quick drive score, etc.  Cardinals were at 27:41 ... by contrast, the Chiefs, who won it all, were at 29.27.  Top of the league for TOP was Ravens at 34:47.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DT said:

Mayfield has a little too much Manziel about him to be a success in the NFL.  Brees and Wilson are certainly role models for smaller QBs, but both have more stature and presence than Murray and Mayfield

Those are good points, but I think you need to, at least for now, differentiate between the NFL and high school and college.   Lamar Jackson seems to be doing just fine but he's an outlier for now.  But look at Ohio State,  Clemson and a ton of other top college programs that run exclusively RPO and are having great success versus the few schools that still run wishbone type attacks and their very limited success.  And on the high school level we have a  very recent example of RPO style vs more option style in the 2014 4A title game and the 2 times New Pal played Center Grove the last 2 years.  I believe the goal is to win, and you do that by putting your athletes in the best position to be successful.  And with option football the ceiling is much lower.

9 minutes ago, DT said:

Probably because they are older or because they aren't from the Big 12?

16 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

Who did I call a fool? 

if you are talking about DT, it was going back and forth pretty heavy. 

Just trying to find the positives!!  The topic DT started was a good one. Just went a little south...

Not you TD.  Just don't see calling someone a fool as fun.  In fact it's junior high mentality. 

• Thanks 1

Outside of the Chicago Bears and the Indiana Hoosiers, I have no strong rooting interest in who wins or loses the game.

I enjoy watching great players and strong teams.  I like watching dominating offensive linemen.  Great multi purpose tight ends. Linebackers who cover the field from sideline to sideline.  And dominant running backs.

The RPO and its quick hit ting style mitigates all of these positions.  Makes the game less enjoyable.

52 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

I am not sold one bit on Mayfield...and its not a size thing and its not the Browns.  Its a head thing....a maturity thing.  When Manning came to the Colts, they were horrific.  Polian did draft them out of it, but Manning not only had the physicial characteristics, but brains, maturity and leadership.  Mayfield, not in Manning's league in all of those categories.  

Some smaller players like Brees and Wilson have excelled....but they are indeed in the minority in the NFL.  There is a reason why scouts and GM's typically go after the QB's with size and arm strength.  We could also list QB's that are smaller that haven't panned out as well....or had average careers.  

If Mayfield grows up, that would be a nice start and then who knows.  But today, I am not sold at all.  But he can shotgun a beer when the cameras are on him.

He's a punk