Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference

17 minutes ago, CoachSnyder said:

2 years ago when Twin Lakes, Rensselaer, and Central Catholic all tied for second after beating each other the deciding factor set up by the athletic directors came down to defensive points allowed by the three teams.  Thus Twin Lakes played Heights for 7th place, Rensselaer played Tipton for 3rd place, and Central Catholic played Western for 5th place.  Al least that is what I remember from that tie.  

If that's the case for 1st place also, then I have to hope Western beats Tipton 25-17, and Heights shuts out Cass. No problem, lol. Should be an interesting week! 

LCCAlum 137   38
gonzoron 135   40
captainobvious 134   41
Lc_Bears_04 133   42
Fballfan15 132   43
FarmerFran 128   47
CoachSnyder 128   47
CoachDurham 128   47
Mod22 123   52
nmsu_aggie 122   53
footballer_02 122   53
coachanderson 121   54
DonnieBaker 121   54
skeeterman 116   59
coachmurray 116   59
warriorbroncho77 116   59
MrsStandishDB 116   59
muda69 115   60
Rstandish 114   61
TheStatGuy 114   61
foxbat 113   62
obi-wan 112   63
CamB31 105   70
Nowlin 96   79
brvheart63 44   133
NEIfootballGuy 13   162

13 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

Cass games don't matter if that helps...

Sure they do. If what Coach Snyder said is true. "the deciding factor set up by the athletic directors came down to defensive points allowed by the three teams."

Tipton 3-0 123 33        
Western 2-1 97 25        
Hamilton Heights 2-1 81 49        
Edited by gonzoron

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

Sure they do. If what Coach Snyder said is true. "the deciding factor set up by the athletic directors came down to defensive points allowed by the three teams."

Tipton 3-0 123 33 5-  1 243 81 Won 4
Western 2-1 97 25 6-  1 260 93 Won 2
Hamilton Heights 2-1 81 49 3-  4 156 185 Lost 1

you may be correct... I took it between each other, but it could be all games for that matter....

11 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

you may be correct... I took it between each other, but it could be all games for that matter....

I don't necessarily relish the thought of Heights playing West Lafayette again, but it would be entertaining if they "back in" to 1st place in the East. I would prefer a Husky-Bomber matchup if I had my druthers. @Coach Nowlin

Edited by gonzoron

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I don't necessarily relish the thought of Heights playing West Lafayette again, but it would be entertaining if they "back in" to 1st place in the East. I would prefer a Husky-Bomber matchup if I had my druthers. @Coach Nowlin

I personally think that only the games between the 3 in the tie should be counted to help keep unethical pradtices at bay. For example: Let's say HH is up on Cass 50-0 late in the 4th... do they do "whatever it takes" to keep Cass from scoring in garbage time knowing it could mean the East Championship ? ...and if yes, is it justified in this case ?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

I personally think that only the games between the 3 in the tie should be counted to help keep unethical pradtices at bay. For example: Let's say HH is up on Cass 50-0 late in the 4th... do they do "whatever it takes" to keep Cass from scoring in garbage time knowing it could mean the East Championship ? ...and if yes, is it justified in this case ?

What makes you believe the HH coaches would even think that way??? I realize you're an HH hater, but come on, man. 

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

What makes you believe the HH coaches would even think that way??? I realize you're an HH hater, but come on, man. 

Not a HH hater at all... just an example, it could be any team you wish. Just making a point as to why it should be the games between the 3 in a tie as I'm purty sure their points will be well earned !

12 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

Not a HH hater at all... just an example, it could be any team you wish. Just making a point as to why it should be the games between the 3 in a tie as I'm purty sure their points will be well earned !

That could work. If Western scores more than 22 if they lose, and Tipton scores more than 24 in a loss, HH wins the East. That way Cass players are safe. And in case you're wondering, Western is averaging 37 points a game, Tipton 34.

Edited by gonzoron

12 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

That could work. If Western scores more than 22 if they lose, and Tipton scores more than 24 in a loss, HH wins the East. That way Cass players are safe. And in case you're wondering, Western is averaging 37 points a game, Tipton 34.

...except if Western scores more than 22 if they lose then Tipton wins East....

48 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Have the crossover games been determined yet?

Edit: My son tells me West Lafayette at Hamilton Heights, can anyone confirm?

Yes the tie breaker was fewest points allowed among the teams who were tied. Heights will host WL. The others have not been determined as far as I’ve heard. My best guess is Renssy at Western, LCC at Tipton, TL at Cass and BC at Nw. 

Any insights on the LCC/BC game?  Is LCC still running short-handed or is BC starting to get some traction in the building of their program?  Or a bit of both?  I'm hoping that BC is starting to see some benefits of the work that their youth coaches have been putting in.  Really good group of guys over there and I truly wish them the best and appreciate their engagement working with the BC kids.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

Yes the tie breaker was fewest points allowed among the teams who were tied. Heights will host WL. The others have not been determined as far as I’ve heard. My best guess is Renssy at Western, LCC at Tipton, TL at Cass and BC at Nw. 

Awesome. That will be a great warm up game for our 1st round Sectional showdown vs. Bishop Chatard!