Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference

16 hours ago, Heartland Hoosier said:

I believe Coach Nowlin is referring to the incident in 2005 when Heights beat Tipton in the last couple minutes of a sectional game and a certain mother of a player came onto the field after and planted something on it. To be honest, I can't remember what it was that she planted. I've always thought that time period was when the rivalry was at its peak.

It was a tombstone. There's video of it somewhere.
I considered that era of the rivalry as an embarrassing low point. It got too nasty.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2020 at 2:38 PM, LCCAlum said:

I hear the Tipton faithful are up in arms about the way Hamilton Heights is distributing the 200 tickets for the game. Seems the internet hasn't quite reached Acadia yet. 

Is there a Hamilton County Health Department rule driving this limit?

19 hours ago, gonzoron said:

The “midfield” incident was in 2010 Regional Heights vs Chatard at Emmerich Manual HS. Chatard places a sledgehammer at midfield during warmups. Heights player moved it. They beat us 49-7 I think it was. Nick Martin as the sledgehammer after warmups.

There have been discussions about things like this in the past. The IHSAA’s position is that “props” are not allowed, and certainly not something like a sledgehammer. I seem to recall someone bringing something like that out for the mock coin toss once. Not allowed.

1 hour ago, Maynard111 said:

The Tipton player is the only kid to get kicked off of a Tipton team since the Tolle era started in 1981.

Was it due to this incident? I don't think either player got ejected from this game, it was the fan who came out on the field that got ejected.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Was it due to this incident? I don't think either player got ejected from this game, it was the fan who came out on the field that got ejected.

Partly but really just an accumulation of incidents of bad behavior.

Too bad because he was a gifted athlete. But a troubled kid.

3 hours ago, Maynard111 said:

Is there a Hamilton County Health Department rule driving this limit?

Yes, HCHD has been a pain all year.  Most we've had is around 600 total so far for a home game.  Then we play road games and the stands are full(ish).  Our athletic department is taking a beating from lack of gate revenue.

8 minutes ago, Gman said:

Yes, HCHD has been a pain all year.  Most we've had is around 600 total so far for a home game.  Then we play road games and the stands are full(ish).  Our athletic department is taking a beating from lack of gate revenue.

Thank You, I thought that was the issue and not just a Heights thing. 

17 hours ago, TheStatGuy said:

Oh so one team gets hit bad with the injury bug (a team you like) its bad luck. 

Last year another team gets banged up bad it's "oh next man up blah blah" 

Correct:  From a Coach perspective, it is, next man up, has to be, not sure why that should be question.   The bad luck I mentioned, requires Tipton to indeed go to NEXT MAN UP. 

Nice attempt to create drama.... Queen... I mean Kings Fan.   

15 hours ago, gonzoron said:

And who can forget "The tackle on the track"?

https://vimeo.com/33204643

Those Stat Guys.....  Always getting the coaching staffs in trouble!!!

32 minutes ago, Gman said:

I think that applies to everyone's bottom lines.   

• Thanks 2

17 hours ago, foxbat said:

That's not Fballfan15 getting ejected is it?!?! 😄

Just kidding!

Haha it was not. I actually became a Heights fan on that play. The kid for Tipton could have been an absolute stud but he needed to go. The team really took off after he was booted. 

3 hours ago, Gman said:

You can go to Grand Park on a Saturday and see thousands of fans all over the place, so hard to understand the difference.  Are schools allowed to create their own plan for attendance?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

Haha it was not. I actually became a Heights fan on that play. The kid for Tipton could have been an absolute stud but he needed to go. The team really took off after he was booted. 

Congratulations for the win last night. Competitive game to say the least. Tipton earned it. 

I was happy with some individual performances for the Huskies. We're a very young team, good things to come yet.

Edited by gonzoron

33 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Congratulations for the win last night. Competitive game to say the least. Tipton earned it. 

I was happy with some individual performances for the Huskies. We're a very young team, good things to come yet.

I wasn’t happy with our first half performance. Thought we were flat and made stupid mistakes but liked the way we fought back and had kids make plays when it mattered. Very impressed with some of the young players on Heights including your son. He has a bright future and the Huskies will be a team to deal with the next few years. 

• Thanks 1

Western beats Tipton will throw a real wrench on the East Side standings:   Tipton wins, then date with RDP of 765, 

I would want to play either Tipton or Heights and not Western a 2nd time.    BC and NW seemed logical matchup.  Twin Lakes vs Cass or Tipton and  LCC if able play Cass or Heights

34 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Western beats Tipton will throw a real wrench on the East Side standings:   Tipton wins, then date with RDP of 765, 

I would want to play either Tipton or Heights and not Western a 2nd time.    BC and NW seemed logical matchup.  Twin Lakes vs Cass or Tipton and  LCC if able play Cass or Heights

What is the criteria again( i forget) for champ if there is a three way tie ? 

In the Tipton/Heights game, the one armed catch by Pearce in double coverage to tie it at 21 was sweet....SWEET !

2 years ago when Twin Lakes, Rensselaer, and Central Catholic all tied for second after beating each other the deciding factor set up by the athletic directors came down to defensive points allowed by the three teams.  Thus Twin Lakes played Heights for 7th place, Rensselaer played Tipton for 3rd place, and Central Catholic played Western for 5th place.  Al least that is what I remember from that tie.  

• Like 2