Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Hoosier Conference

42 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I'll be surprised if that's the only thing they complain about before the week is over. There's always the perennial "Heights players living in Tipton County" story brought up. (There are at least 2 that I know of this year, they're brothers. Charlie Brown - Wikipedia.)

And I always make it a point every year during game week to walk my dog the 100 yards or so into Tipton County so he can leave them a nice "gift". 

Investigation underway after shots fired at 2 Spotsylvania townhomes | 8News

The real question is, will Heights players make their way to the Tipton field tomorrow night? They skipped last year, can they make it 2 in a row?

As for the game, Heights is playing great lately and Tipton has been hit hard by the injury bug. 3 weeks ago I would have said Tipton by however much they want. Now, I think we will have a great ball game. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

The real question is, will Heights players make their way to the Tipton field tomorrow night?

I hope not. That's one tradition that needs to END. It's embarrassing. If they do, I'll know who it was. Our manager knows everything about every player. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

And I always make it a point every year during game week to walk my dog the 100 yards or so into Tipton County so he can leave them a nice "gift". 

Is that the @gonzoron version of the "blue rocks?" 😀

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I hope not. That's one tradition that needs to END. It's embarrassing. If they do, I'll know who it was. Our manager knows everything about every player. 

What tradition are you speaking of? And how has Heights turned it around the past few weeks? 

I believe some vandalism of sorts:   Painting of rocks,  leaving rocks, messing with fake graveyards....  

Any Faulkners to plant flags or axes or whatever it was on midfield?   Man that was what, 12 years ago maybe??   Im OLD

Great Rivlary, 2 schools, I think 9 miles apart.   

Injury Bug:   Each year Tipton gets hit bad with that.   Some serious bad luck 

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I believe some vandalism of sorts:   Painting of rocks,  leaving rocks, messing with fake graveyards....  

Any Faulkners to plant flags or axes or whatever it was on midfield?   Man that was what, 12 years ago maybe??   Im OLD

The “midfield” incident was in 2010 Regional Heights vs Chatard at Emmerich Manual HS. Chatard places a sledgehammer at midfield during warmups. Heights player moved it. They beat us 49-7 I think it was. Nick Martin as the sledgehammer after warmups.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

The “midfield” incident was in 2010 Regional Heights vs Chatard at Emmerich Manual HS. Chatard places a sledgehammer at midfield during warmups. Heights player moved it. They beat us 49-7 I think it was. Nick Martin as the sledgehammer after warmups.

I believe Coach Nowlin is referring to the incident in 2005 when Heights beat Tipton in the last couple minutes of a sectional game and a certain mother of a player came onto the field after and planted something on it. To be honest, I can't remember what it was that she planted. I've always thought that time period was when the rivalry was at its peak.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Heartland Hoosier said:

I believe Coach Nowlin is referring to the incident in 2005 when Heights beat Tipton in the last couple minutes of a sectional game and a certain mother of a player came onto the field after and planted something on it. To be honest, I can't remember what it was that she planted. I've always thought that time period was when the rivalry was at its peak.

Interesting rivalry. According to Sagarin Tipton is favored by 11 plus they are highly ranked and beat a very solid Central Catholic team. I say Tipton 35   Hamilton Heights 7. Then would Tipton represent that side of the conference for the Hoosier Conference Championship in Week 9? I could see them and West Lafayette being a shootout!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I’m certain @Lysanderremembers this game. I believe I joined the GID the day after this game. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spock said:

Interesting rivalry. According to Sagarin Tipton is favored by 11 plus they are highly ranked and beat a very solid Central Catholic team. I say Tipton 35   Hamilton Heights 7. Then would Tipton represent that side of the conference for the Hoosier Conference Championship in Week 9? I could see them and West Lafayette being a shootout!

I wonder what Sagarin had for the Heights- Western game from two weeks ago? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Oh so one team gets hit bad with the injury bug (a team you like) its bad luck. 

Last year another team gets banged up bad it's "oh next man up blah blah" 

• Disdain 1

3 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

How's your first day in the Hoosier? I believe that was sarcasm.

Its nice. Ive been paying close attention this year. Next Friday will be my 2nd Cass game, after that. Ill see who they play week 9 and who they draw. If Winamac gets a weak team first round and Cass doesn't. Ill be going to Cass' first round sectional game... Good chance ill be at Cass' next 3 games starting next Friday. 

Gonna be going to a handful of basketball games too. 

6 hours ago, LCCAlum said:

You're lucky I even got that close. Never had a good reason to go over to HH.

What schools are no longer limiting their fan attendance?

LCC? 😀

Lord, I apologize for that.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Heartland Hoosier said:

And who can forget "The tackle on the track"?

https://vimeo.com/33204643

Edited by gonzoron

4 hours ago, Spock said:

This could have some bearing: OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Tipton 7-18. Hamilton Heights 24-11.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Boilernation said:

What tradition are you speaking of? And how has Heights turned it around the past few weeks? 

Tipton has a pet rock near the grandstand with a plaque mounted on it and seems like every year some Heights player sneaks in and paints it orange, but being the gentlemen they are, they are careful not to get any paint on the plaque.

On 9/30/2020 at 2:38 PM, LCCAlum said:

I hear the Tipton faithful are up in arms about the way Hamilton Heights is distributing the 200 tickets for the game. Seems the internet hasn't quite reached Acadia yet. 

At least we have cameras................

3 minutes ago, dazed and confused said:

Tipton has a pet rock near the grandstand with a plaque mounted on it and seems like every year some Heights player sneaks in and paints it orange, but being the gentlemen they are, they are careful not to get any paint on the plaque.