Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Snider Football 2020

29 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

This happens about twice every decade or so..a team catches lightning in a bottle or has a gr8 class come through their halls..the guys on the field gave their best effort n sni high literally has athletes learning their position this year..some might not have that "dog" mentality..might as well be the hammer..not the nail..tippy will get em going..eventually..good to see other teams gain momentum..there was no love for panther country on social media last night..🤐🤐

It's more than just putting on the black and gold. That doesn't scare anyone anymore. If you come out lethargic in the SAC, you get wasted. Reminded me of when Snider played Carroll two seasons ago. But this time, the better team won. Point being.........I think Snider could have put up a better fight. 

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

It's more than just putting on the black and gold. That doesn't scare anyone anymore. If you come out lethargic in the SAC, you get wasted. Reminded me of when Snider played Carroll two seasons ago. But this time, the better team won. Point being.........I think Snider could have put up a better fight. 

Yep. For one time in a long time they look unprepared last night. They really got out played in all areas. Maybe North Side is really good or Snider is not this year?? I always take the first game or two with grain of salt. Time will tell. 

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

Very true..no room for pups in the sac..

23 hours ago, BTF said:

North looked good tonight. And they didn't appear to be a one man show with Duce Taylor. They are a complete team. They could be the third best team up north behind Valpo and Dwenger.

Correction..............third best team up north in 5a. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

Correction..............third best team up north in 5a. 

Possibly they are. Lets see how the next few games play out for the Legends. Next two against the top two teams, then a bit of a breather for two games, then they play at Homestead. That is really tough schedule. 

8 hours ago, psaboy said:

Possibly they are. Lets see how the next few games play out for the Legends. Next two against the top two teams, then a bit of a breather for two games, then they play at Homestead. That is really tough schedule. 

It wasn't easy for me to dub the Legends as the third best team behind Valpo and Dwenger. After all, they had been a mid level team at best for several years. They just looked different Friday night. They looked complete. They didn't beat Snider because Snider beat themselves. They didn't beat Snider because Snider was unprepared. They beat Snider because they were simply the better team. If they play the rest of the season with that same intensity, they will have a year worth remembering. However, they better stop thumping their chests and prepare for Carroll like their lives depend on it. The Chargers are capable of bringing them back to reality this Friday night. 

Edited by BTF
Grammer - GID is a rough crew when it comes to that

Snider should make the necessary adjustments and get better.  Dwenger and Carroll at the top.  Then Homestead.  Everyone else... who knows.  They all find ways to stub their toes.  Carroll often stubs their toes, too. 

1 hour ago, Robert said:

Snider should make the necessary adjustments and get better.  Dwenger and Carroll at the top.  Then Homestead.  Everyone else... who knows.  They all find ways to stub their toes.  Carroll often stubs their toes, too. 

No doubt Snider will get better. They just need to find out who they are on offense. They don't even know who their quarterback is yet. The secondary will always have fits with good quarterbacks, I don't see that changing. I see Dwenger and Carroll at the top, then North Side, then everyone else. 

14 hours ago, BTF said:

It wasn't easy for me to dub the Legends as the third best team behind Valpo and Dwenger. After all, they had been a mid level team at best for several years. They just looked different Friday night. They looked complete. They didn't beat Snider because Snider beat themselves. They didn't beat Snider because Snider was unprepared. They beat Snider because they were simply the better team. If they play the rest of the season with that same intensity, they will have a year worth remembering. However, they better stop thumping their chests and prepare for Carroll like their lives depend on it. The Chargers are capable of bringing them back to reality this Friday night. 

North plays Dwenger this week at home. Carroll plays at home to Snider. North at Carroll is the following week.

• Like 1

Didn't think I would see Snider on wrong side of the Mercy Rule, but heard that happened last night. Definitely looks like a rebuilding year, doesn't seem they have anything to reload with. I'm think they could flirt with a losing record this year, think it may be only the third time in program history, 55 years and only two losing seasons from what I can tell, last one in 1989. Pretty good run on that. 

Edited by psaboy

Snider will have trouble with any quarterback that has college potential. About all they can do is grow, learn, and look toward the playoffs. Snider has some good players and last night I saw some glimpses of what they "could" be. Last night's game didn't have to be as lopsided as it was. Snider just couldn't catch a break it seemed. I think they'll close the gap with Carroll come playoff time.... ..............if the players want it bad enough. 

Snider's biggest problem is lack of swagger. They need a chip on their shoulder like they had when Isaacs was head coach. The "all business" approach is fine, but having swagger and attitude is better. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IndianaBobcat said:

. . . What can Snider do to improve their pass defense/coverage?. .

Practice, practice, practice and try to learn off game/film study. Not sure how many yards Becker tagged them for, but I would think a lot of that has to do with D line issues, need to get pressure on QB. 

Snider gets opportunity to get record back to .500, see how they play against South Side. Hopefully they can build on whatever they did Friday and keep that going this coming Friday and the the following Friday against Homestead. I was not able to watch game, so if anyone has any info on what they did different would be appreciated. 

47 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I'm watch game and see Ison Robinson is playing first game. Had a big sack on Concordia's first drive, 4th down play. So looks like he will help shore up D a bit??

Concordia was playing without the starting QB. The kid they had playing is a sophomore with his second varsity start.

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Found a way to win at the end. But they certainly weren't much better than the Archers tonight. 

I only watched the second half so not sure what deal was in first half. From what I saw, O line was having issues, a few D plays were surprising. I saw 1 or 2 3rd and long for South and Snider had 2-3 on D rush and secondary could still not stop. I really thought Snider had opp to get more on track tonight, going to be tough game against Homestead next week, hope they are better prepared. 

9 hours ago, psaboy said:

I only watched the second half so not sure what deal was in first half. From what I saw, O line was having issues, a few D plays were surprising. I saw 1 or 2 3rd and long for South and Snider had 2-3 on D rush and secondary could still not stop. I really thought Snider had opp to get more on track tonight, going to be tough game against Homestead next week, hope they are better prepared. 

I would look for a low scoring game next week. Homestead's defense looked solid against Dwenger last night. The Spartans have EASILY solidified the #4 position in the SAC. I'm starting to the there is quite a gap after the Top 4.

13 hours ago, BTF said:

I would look for a low scoring game next week. Homestead's defense looked solid against Dwenger last night. The Spartans have EASILY solidified the #4 position in the SAC. I'm starting to the there is quite a gap after the Top 4.

I would think Snider's best chance for W is if  it is a low scoring game. I was surprised Homestead was able to put that many points on Saints D, that may be a bad trend for the Panthers. Will see, Snider looked like a completely different team against South Side (bad) then the did against Concordia (good). At this point I can just say I hope they play a good game against Homestead, competitive and have a chance to win, vs get out played as they did against North and Carroll. Maybe the talent/experience is just not at Snider this year??