Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Chicago Bears 2020

Guest DT

Nice pickup for the Bears here.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/24/chicago-bears-sign-damien-williams-one-year-deal/

Bears agreed to terms with RB Damien Williams on one-year deal

Nick Wojton 

March 24, 2021 1:04 pm

The Chicago Bears added to their running back room on Wednesday.

According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the Bears signed Damien Williams to a one-year deal. Williams previously was with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Last week, Williams was released by KC in a bit of a surprise move which saved them $2.2 million against the salary cap.

In 2020, Williams opted out of playing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In the season prior, Williams averaged 4.5 yards per carry with the Chiefs in 11 games played. He also added five rushing scores.

The 28-year-old is known for the pass-catching abilities as well. He had 30 catches for 213 yards and two touchdowns in 2019.

Williams notably caught headlines in a pretty big game that season: The Super Bowl. That outing saw Williams put up 133 total scrimmage yards with two fourth-quarter touchdowns.

The Chiefs took home the title with a 31-20 win over the San Francisco 49ers. Williams had the go-ahead score and then the final one which iced the game.

Undrafted out of Oklahoma in 2014, Williams signed with the Miami Dolphins and played four seasons there. Bears offensive coordinator Bill Lazor held that same role with the Dolphins in Williams’ first two pro seasons.

Williams joins a Chicago backfield with David Montgomery and Tarik Cohen.

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

Nice pickup for the Bears here.

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2021/03/24/chicago-bears-sign-damien-williams-one-year-deal/

Bears agreed to terms with RB Damien Williams on one-year deal

Nick Wojton 

March 24, 2021 1:04 pm

The Chicago Bears added to their running back room on Wednesday.

According to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport, the Bears signed Damien Williams to a one-year deal. Williams previously was with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Last week, Williams was released by KC in a bit of a surprise move which saved them $2.2 million against the salary cap.

In 2020, Williams opted out of playing due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In the season prior, Williams averaged 4.5 yards per carry with the Chiefs in 11 games played. He also added five rushing scores.

The 28-year-old is known for the pass-catching abilities as well. He had 30 catches for 213 yards and two touchdowns in 2019.

Williams notably caught headlines in a pretty big game that season: The Super Bowl. That outing saw Williams put up 133 total scrimmage yards with two fourth-quarter touchdowns.

The Chiefs took home the title with a 31-20 win over the San Francisco 49ers. Williams had the go-ahead score and then the final one which iced the game.

Undrafted out of Oklahoma in 2014, Williams signed with the Miami Dolphins and played four seasons there. Bears offensive coordinator Bill Lazor held that same role with the Dolphins in Williams’ first two pro seasons.

Williams joins a Chicago backfield with David Montgomery and Tarik Cohen.

Who?????

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

When can they cut Cohen?   

Let me know when they sign an Offensive Lineman

I saw the Chiefs signed Kyle Long from the Bears???

Didn't even know he was on the Bears, let alone the NFL.

7 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

What’s your beef with Cohen? Good punt returner, good change of pace back, all around decent player for what they are paying him.

He has played well at times. But he’s a luxury the Bears can’t afford. Montgomery and Williams give them a better than average running back position.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

What’s your beef with Cohen? Good punt returner, good change of pace back, all around decent player for what they are paying him.

With a Straight Face, you can tell me that he worth being paid at the time of the deal I believe as a top 10 RB, I think its now 13th highest paid RB in the league......    

He has 5 CAREER Touchdowns........ JUST 5...... rushing touchdowns and 14 all day 

He averages 10 yards per punt return.... for his career.    

He has fumbled 13 times in his career. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contracts/running-back/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

With a Straight Face, you can tell me that he worth being paid at the time of the deal I believe as a top 10 RB, I think its now 13th highest paid RB in the league......    

He has 5 CAREER Touchdowns........ JUST 5...... rushing touchdowns and 14 all day 

Forgot he got extended thought he was on rookie deal you’re right he isn’t living up to his contract 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Is that bad?

🤣

Heard ex-NFL GM Mike Tannenbaum say on KJZ this morning that the Bears need to go after Sam Darnold, now that it’s pretty clear the Jets are taking Zack Wilson at #2, since Darnold gives them a better chance to win “than an aging Andy Dalton.” Thoughts?

Today's @kfishbain Fun Fact: The last time the NFL played an odd-number schedule — 11 games in 1946 — the #Bears (8-2-1) won the NFL championship.

bears 17th game opponent raiders in Vegas, I can see Chicago taking over the strip hopefully free Venetian rooms are still available 

4 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

Today's @kfishbain Fun Fact: The last time the NFL played an odd-number schedule — 11 games in 1946 — the #Bears (8-2-1) won the NFL championship.

bears 17th game opponent raiders in Vegas, I can see Chicago taking over the strip hopefully free Venetian rooms are still available 

NFL went to 17 regular season games?  Do the teams still have 1 bye week?

Have the pre-season game allotments been announced?

Sorry.  I missed all this.....

15 minutes ago, DE said:

NFL went to 17 regular season games?  Do the teams still have 1 bye week?

Have the pre-season game allotments been announced?

Sorry.  I missed all this.....

It was announced today they will play 17 games and 3 preseason still 1 bye week.