Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Chicago Bears 2020

Guest DT

Wow, this is brutal! Down 10-0 in the 3rd, Bears finally have some field position, come up 1/2 yd. short on 3rd down, decide to go for it ... and false start ... twice ... before they can snap the ball on 4th down. Tough to hang that one on Nagy.

Watched bits and pieces of the game tonight.  Nothing very compelling to keep my attention.

The single biggest and most surprising thing I learned about our Beloved Chicago Bears this evening?

The team of Gale Sayers, Walter Payton and a long list of Hall of Fame and All Pro Offensive linemen is dead last in rushing offense in the 2020 NFL season.

Unfathomable.  Unconsionable.  Unbelieveable.  Unforgetable.  Pick an adjective.  Any adjective to describe this travesty

COVID appears to have had a big impact on the Bears offensive line.  But truthfully, Nagy is just not a ground and pound coach.  He's just another high tech offensive wizard and hired gun who has failed to realize that running the football has been the calling card to success in Chicago for a century.

The team is 5-5, and I have absolutely no interest in what happens from here on out thru the balance of the NFL season.  Im looking forward to the offseason when a new GM will be hired, a new coach will come in, and the Bears will be rebuilt to resemble the type of team we all know that it takes to win in the cold winters of Chicago.

46 minutes ago, DT said:

Watched bits and pieces of the game tonight.  Nothing very compelling to keep my attention.

The single biggest and most surprising thing I learned about our Beloved Chicago Bears this evening?

The team of Gale Sayers, Walter Payton and a long list of Hall of Fame and All Pro Offensive linemen is dead last in rushing offense in the 2020 NFL season.

Unfathomable.  Unconsionable.  Unbelieveable.  Unforgetable.  Pick an adjective.  Any adjective to describe this travesty

COVID appears to have had a big impact on the Bears offensive line.  But truthfully, Nagy is just not a ground and pound coach.  He's just another high tech offensive wizard and hired gun who has failed to realize that running the football has been the calling card to success in Chicago for a century.

The team is 5-5, and I have absolutely no interest in what happens from here on out thru the balance of the NFL season.  Im looking forward to the offseason when a new GM will be hired, a new coach will come in, and the Bears will be rebuilt to resemble the type of team we all know that it takes to win in the cold winters of Chicago.

Meet the new play caller. Same as the old play caller. I hope the Bears give Louis Riddick an interview for the GM role. He's very open in his desire to be an NFL GM. I hear him once a week on Waddle & Silvy and he comes off as VERY knowledgeable about the game and building a team. 

I don't know which idea of mine was dumber: recording the game and staying up until 12:30 to watch it or simply watching the game in the first place. 

Edited by Boilernation

Saw some interesting stats this morning. Bears are last in the league in points scored and second last in yards per game and yards per play — with Foles starting at QB. Time to blow it up, starting with Pace. You swing and miss on a franchise QB you took that high, no GM can survive that. Let the new GM hire his own coach. Go from there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Saw some interesting stats this morning. Bears are last in the league in points scored and second last in yards per game and yards per play — with Foles starting at QB. Time to blow it up, starting with Pace. You swing and miss on a franchise QB you took that high, no GM can survive that. Let the new GM hire his own coach. Go from there.

Yep.  Bears need to effectively tank this season and try to get in on the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

And last night's game was so moribund that I actually switched over and starting watching the excellent 30-for-30 on the '85 Bears.    Much more entertaining..............

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Yep.  Bears need to effectively tank this season and try to get in on the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

And last night's game was so moribund that I actually switched over and starting watching the excellent 30-for-30 on the '85 Bears.    Much more entertaining..............

No way they can beat out the JETS for that. 

It is so so so bad.  

I begged for Gary Kubiak to some friends a few years ago.   Look how he running things in Minnesota.   AN OFFENSE WITH A FULLBACK    Legit playaction passes.  

Bears have a WR playing RB 

This series of Tweets I sent off last night is Bears and Pace in a 4 tweets. 

35 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Seriously, I think we can agree if they get creamed by the Packers coming out of the bye then Nagy is a dead man walking. How do Bear fans feel about the “fit” with Jim Harbaugh as the next head coach?

Sure,  if they can also draft/trade/sign a top flight quarterback and decent offensive line.    I believe they need more quality Jimmy and Joes on the offensive side of the ball than they do a head coach.

3 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Im not sold on Lawrence  Durability concerns.

8 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Sure,  if they can also draft/trade/sign a top flight quarterback and decent offensive line.    I believe they need more quality Jimmy and Joes on the offensive side of the ball than they do a head coach.

Having someone perceived to be a successful head coach can help a lot in the free agent market.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So what does one do to lure the likes of Sean Payton away from the Saints?

THIS TIMES INFINITY 

Typical Bears fashion, they have guys in building at one point or another and let them out:  Chris Ballard and Sean Payton 

I am on board right now firing Nagy and promoting Pagano to finish the year.  Cannot believe I just typed that but that is where I am at.   

4 hours ago, DE said:

As a Cubs fans....NO!

Why? It worked for the Hawks to have a GM that crossed over from another sport. :) He was better than Bowman, that is for damn sure. 

And as a Cubs fan, I will be eternally grateful to Theo for being a key part of bringing us one of the BEST moments in sports we will ever experience as fans. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Why? It worked for the Hawks to have a GM that crossed over from another sport. 🙂 He was better than Bowman, that is for damn sure. 

Has NOTHING do do w crossover.

Good start, bad finish.

Not too sad to see him leave.

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1