Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Chicago Bears 2020

Guest DT

The Bears’ offense should be ashamed for torturing the kids watching on Nickelodeon: https://deadspin.com/the-bears-offense-should-be-ashamed-for-torturing-the-1846033306

I feel sorry for every child who tuned in to that Bears-Saints game Sunday evening. They deserved better than to see Mitch Trubisky and Matt Nagy completely wreck the Bears offense. Those two probably decreased the team’s end-zone “slime probability” by more than 50 percent by themselves.

Cordarrelle Patterson also did his part for the kids, dropping a “sentence enhancer” so abruptly that Nickelodeon’s censors didn’t have time to dub over it with dolphin noises:

I’ll give Trubisky credit, at the start of the game yesterday he played well. He had the offense moving down the field, he was accurate and he seemed like he was in control of the offense. Yet after Javon Wims dropped an easy deep throw in the end zone for what would have been a game-tying touchdown in the first quarter, any offensive rhythm for Chicago started to dissipate.

The Bears would only score three points for the entire game. I don’t count the last touchdown to Jimmy Graham where the Saints defense clearly said they didn’t care anymore. Nagy and the second overall pick in the 2017 draft produced an offense that was more disjointed than a 55-year-old trying to do a Tik Tok dance. For Bears fans this is nothing new — Trubisky has struggled periodically all season. Nagy even benched him at one point for former Super Bowl LII hero Nick Foles.

The problem though was far deeper than just a mediocre quarterback. Nagy proved that he was just as trash as Trubisky during the stretch of games when Foles started and the offense had as much flavor as a saltine cracker. The team ranked 26th in total offense in 2020. In the midst of all of this, they wasted another year with a Super Bowl-caliber defense.

Toward the end of the season, they gained a little momentum but that was mostly due to the impressive stretch by running back David Montgomery averaging nearly 100 yards per game in the final six regular-season games. Montgomery had 31 yards in New Orleans on Sunday.

It’s time for Chicago to part ways with both Trubisky and Nagy. It’s clear that those two went together like maple syrup on a pepperoni pizza. Not only was it nasty but it also gave you heart problems and/or diabetes. And it’s not like either have shown you that they can be more productive without the other so it’s time to just let everyone go their separate ways. The Bears’ focus should be on doing anything they can to get Deshaun Watson out of Houston in a trade and pair him with a new innovative mind like Eric Bieniemy. They can finally make amends for passing on him in the 2017 draft when they took… Trubisky. We’ll see what this Bears offseason will look like. They haven’t committed to getting rid of Trubisky, even though it’s unlikely he returns, and they haven’t said anything substantive on the status of Nagy.

If the Bears want to get back to prominence, they know what the next moves should be. Get Trubisky and Nagy out of there and build that offense back from scratch.

Watson in a Bears uniform and Bieneimy on the sideline.  Intriguing.................

17 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

The Bears’ offense should be ashamed for torturing the kids watching on Nickelodeon: https://deadspin.com/the-bears-offense-should-be-ashamed-for-torturing-the-1846033306

Watson in a Bears uniform and Bieneimy on the sideline.  Intriguing.................

And they will likely trade for Sam Darnold, lol.

I can't see the Bears hiring Bieneimy.  Not that he isn't ready, but b/c they just hired Nagy and he has been what he has been.  He screwed it for EB.

Now Watson....YES!  As long as he keeps the SJW stuff out of it.

For the life of me, I have NO IDEA why the Texans wouldn't request an interview w/ EB.  They are the only team, out of the current 6 openings, that did not request an interview.  Of course, unless there is something amiss.

Looking at the GM search of the Texans.....they hired Nick Cesario, which may turn out great, but haven't they tried to duplicate the Patriots blueprint already (O'Brien and Crennel)?

Looks like they could've hired Omar Khan from the Steelers.  Yeah.  Sign me up for any front office executive from the steelers....the most steady NFL franchise, historically.

ESPN reporting this morning that both Pace and Nagy will be retained. Disappointed, but not surprised. McCaskeys don’t have the stones to make a change when they made the playoffs... even though they were only 8-8 after starting 5-1. So, that leaves the big off season question: What does the future hold at the QB position? Trade? Bring in someone to compete with Trubisky for the starting job? Sign a free agent starter and keep Trubisky as a backup? Trade and move up in the draft to pick a rookie QB?

50 minutes ago, Bobref said:

ESPN reporting this morning that both Pace and Nagy will be retained. Disappointed, but not surprised. McCaskeys don’t have the stones to make a change when they made the playoffs... even though they were only 8-8 after starting 5-1. So, that leaves the big off season question: What does the future hold at the QB position? Trade? Bring in someone to compete with Trubisky for the starting job? Sign a free agent starter and keep Trubisky as a backup? Trade and move up in the draft to pick a rookie QB?

DeShaun Watson?

Doesn't sound like he's happy.  

Seems like the Bears may be missing some opportunities to keep the status quo.....They could have Watson as a QB...but seem committed to Trubisky. And now, with Doug Pederson out of a job, they could have him as a head coach. He got a raw deal in Philly. Hell, even McCarthy could ride the wave of a Super Bowl for 9 years. And he is not a good coach. :) 

I took 90 minutes of my night here and listened to these clowns today.   

I am trying not to be cynical and I have usually been a person on here talking about patience and taking time and so on and so forth.    

I have envied the Steelers organization over the many years of my fandom, because of their hard nose approach I loved in my teens from Coach Cowherd and then how they have stuck by Mike Tomlin all these years, so when McCasky today talked about how he reached out to other owners he trusted, such as Rooney, I think that is the message he got from them is to block the noise and grind through if you feel like the men in charge can still lead and have the outside some of the XOs qualities that organizations look for.   

I think that is where this decision came from, they got a pass, they get a pass on QB, they get a pass on Covid year, that is the message I got form the "Brass".  

They will either set themselves back more than years with this decision or perhaps, if they can get the QB right (which has not been done in my lifetime in land of Bears) perhaps, just maybe they can get closer to that 12-4 team than this 8-8 team.   

I will give it to Chicago Media, they DID NOT pull any punches today, they peppered McCasky and Phillips HARD today, some very legitimate inquires and follow ups and really put them in uncomfortable spots.  I think you could tell Phillips was getting tired of the line of questions, but good, he is THE FIRST on my chopping block.    

I am not as bullish on PACE as I am with NAGY, however, he was given Tribuisky and he could not fix him, nor was he smart enough until he "relieved himself" from calling plays to adjust the offense to hide the amount of deficiencies #`10 has.     I think Pace is batting about 500 overall in his 6 years.   He was right on Leanard Floyd pick it seems, they didn't have the right scheme for him or under coached, him, but he looks every part of a top 10 pick he is, so he identified the talent by selecting him, coaching staff couldn't harvest it.   

He was dead on with Roquan, Mooney, Montgomery (finally it seems0 , Johnson (CB for UTAH) and some nice back up depth players as well like Villade.     He was right on Cordell Patterson and Allen Robinson deals, but he is DEAD wrong on COHEN extension.   List can go on IMO, but ultimately he will get judged for #10 if they cannot get that positions squared away ASAP.   His job depends on it.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I took 90 minutes of my night here and listened to these clowns today.   

I am trying not to be cynical and I have usually been a person on here talking about patience and taking time and so on and so forth.    

I have envied the Steelers organization over the many years of my fandom, because of their hard nose approach I loved in my teens from Coach Cowherd and then how they have stuck by Mike Tomlin all these years, so when McCasky today talked about how he reached out to other owners he trusted, such as Rooney, I think that is the message he got from them is to block the noise and grind through if you feel like the men in charge can still lead and have the outside some of the XOs qualities that organizations look for.   

I think that is where this decision came from, they got a pass, they get a pass on QB, they get a pass on Covid year, that is the message I got form the "Brass".  

They will either set themselves back more than years with this decision or perhaps, if they can get the QB right (which has not been done in my lifetime in land of Bears) perhaps, just maybe they can get closer to that 12-4 team than this 8-8 team.   

I will give it to Chicago Media, they DID NOT pull any punches today, they peppered McCasky and Phillips HARD today, some very legitimate inquires and follow ups and really put them in uncomfortable spots.  I think you could tell Phillips was getting tired of the line of questions, but good, he is THE FIRST on my chopping block.    

I am not as bullish on PACE as I am with NAGY, however, he was given Tribuisky and he could not fix him, nor was he smart enough until he "relieved himself" from calling plays to adjust the offense to hide the amount of deficiencies #`10 has.     I think Pace is batting about 500 overall in his 6 years.   He was right on Leanard Floyd pick it seems, they didn't have the right scheme for him or under coached, him, but he looks every part of a top 10 pick he is, so he identified the talent by selecting him, coaching staff couldn't harvest it.   

He was dead on with Roquan, Mooney, Montgomery (finally it seems0 , Johnson (CB for UTAH) and some nice back up depth players as well like Villade.     He was right on Cordell Patterson and Allen Robinson deals, but he is DEAD wrong on COHEN extension.   List can go on IMO, but ultimately he will get judged for #10 if they cannot get that positions squared away ASAP.   His job depends on it.  

I haven't listened to the press conference; however, judging from those I follow on Twitter it seems like George, Ted, and Pace are clueless. I'll catch up on today's Chicago sports radio while working tomorrow and I'm looking forward to the soundbites. 

The fact that Ted was even there today is proof he is involved in Operating decisions as Team President and doesn't just oversee the Financials of the business. He has no Business as President of an NFL football team. Only in the Chicago Bears organization could an Accountant rise the ranks of the financial side of the business and end up being promoted to President over football operations. Complete lunacy. That doesn't happen with the Rooney's or Mara's of the NFL. 

The schedule gets even tougher next year. So, I guess we can look forward to a sub .500 season and George having no idea how to fix it. The worst is I've heard multiple talking heads in Chicago say Virginia and George really do care about the success of the Bears. Then do something about it! I could possibly despise the McCaskey's more than the St. Louis Cardinals, which is saying a lot in my book. They inherited the franchise via Virginia and have zero background in football. By no means am I saying the owner should have an NFL background, but in their situation, it probably wasn't very prudent to hire the best Accountant in your office to run the Bears football operations when you realized Michael McCaskey wasn't capable of the job. 

I'm so pissed right now. Who knows if it would have even mattered, but I was convinced that this would be the year we would see some real changes being made before the Bears got lucky and ran off a string of W's against crap teams. I would not be the least bit surprised if them getting the extended playoff spot saved everybody from getting canned.

Phillips has been with the team since 1983    SMH 

Hanging there hats on winning 3 of the last 4... haha  OK....  Texans, Jags..Vikings...  not what I would consider a daunting task winning those games.   

1 WIN against a team who went to the playoffs.... a miracle 20-19 over TB Bucs  which was a on a short week mind you.   

They kept praising how they "didnt quit and came together " during a 6 game losing streak....  HOW bout the fact they WENT on the losing streak and they PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES,  quite the standard set there on "not quitting":      

Clown show.   

9 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

They kept praising how they "didnt quit and came together " during a 6 game losing streak.... 

OK, so they showed up at their jobs every day. That’s supposed to be noteworthy? Maybe they should give out perfect attendance pins like we used to get in grade school. Get back to me when you not only show up, but also actually do something noteworthy.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Under Nagy, it has been the most undisciplined team in my memory ....  and they keep talking CULTURE.... vomit.  

2 WR punched the same DB from 2 different games 

Multiple Defensive penalites for being undisciplined 

STOP THE MADNESS 

RIGHT!?! Allen Robinson told Carmen & Jurko a few days ago he didn't even know who was calling the plays against New Orleans. Are you kidding me? And I did hear the clip of them giving praise for winning 3 of the last 4. Getting excited about beating 3 crap teams and getting clobbered by your rival is cause for joy in New Jersey and Jacksonville. I loved hearing a reporter drill George about having a knowledgeable football presence at the President level. The only answer George had was that he trusts Ryan and Matt to make football decisions. I'm not expecting him to throw Ted under the bus, but I hope he wasn't missing the point of the reporter that Ted's position SHOULD be making football decisions regarding Pace and Nagy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boilernation said:

RIGHT!?! Allen Robinson told Carmen & Jurko a few days ago he didn't even know who was calling the plays against New Orleans. Are you kidding me? And I did hear the clip of them giving praise for winning 3 of the last 4. Getting excited about beating 3 crap teams and getting clobbered by your rival is cause for joy in New Jersey and Jacksonville. I loved hearing a reporter drill George about having a knowledgeable football presence at the President level. The only answer George had was that he trusts Ryan and Matt to make football decisions. I'm not expecting him to throw Ted under the bus, but I hope he wasn't missing the point of the reporter that Ted's position SHOULD be making football decisions regarding Pace and Nagy.

In fairness, the Bears have been pretty clear that there’s a well-defined division of responsibility in their organizational structure... and that while Phillips’ title is President and CEO, he sticks to the business side, and Pace runs the football side. Pace answers directly to the owner.

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Phillips has been with the team since 1983    SMH 

Hanging there hats on winning 3 of the last 4... haha  OK....  Texans, Jags..Vikings...  not what I would consider a daunting task winning those games.   

1 WIN against a team who went to the playoffs.... a miracle 20-19 over TB Bucs  which was a on a short week mind you.   

They kept praising how they "didnt quit and came together " during a 6 game losing streak....  HOW bout the fact they WENT on the losing streak and they PROFESSIONAL ATHLETES,  quite the standard set there on "not quitting":      

Clown show.   

My man.

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Under Nagy, it has been the most undisciplined team in my memory ....  and they keep talking CULTURE.... vomit.  

2 WR punched the same DB from 2 different games 

Multiple Defensive penalites for being undisciplined 

STOP THE MADNESS 

image.jpeg.388aad689421fdd3ed37d324186e4d9e.jpeg