Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

A new SAC

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Snider takes Carmel to the wire every single time. They were on the verge of blowing them out of the water in 18' before self-destructing. Penn took care of business the following week. 

Homestead outplayed Carmel for a half last year without their best player. Sure, good teams figure it out in the end and that's what Carmel did. My point is this: Sectional 4 is FAR from invincible. The favorite? Yes. Is Westfield a darn good football team? Yes. But Homestead has amped up their level of play since joining the SAC, so don't be surprised if they give the Shamrocks a run...............if they get out of Sectional 3. 

2008, 2009, and 2017 in 3 straight games against Carmel snider lost those 3 by a COMBINED 7 points. They ended up losing in 2018 by 14 to Carmel. 

A good snider team can compete with Indy teams and has before. Homestead and Carroll have rarely fared well against them. I know Westfield is good but I don’t think they are like a Greyhound team that can physically grind you throughout the whole game with massive lines and depth and I don’t think some people on here understand that. The winner of this 6A sectional can and should compete against Westfield and make a game of it, possibly win. 

As you mentioned above Homestead has improved since joining the SAC which makes perfect sense. I think they have the best chance against Westfield out of these teams, probably Snider next year. Carroll doesn’t have the type of game right now IMO to contend with the teams down there. Look no further than giving up 70 to Homestead. 

• Like 2

On 10/26/2020 at 4:16 PM, Gridiron_Junkie said:

Because somewhere on this forum every year there's somebody from Snider who makes a post post about bringing in one or two smaller schools from one of the conference's around the area and splitting up the SAC  into two sections. A big school  section and a small school section. It's alway suggested there is a seven games regular season within conconferences, So that there are two open weeks for non conference games games to be played.   Somehow it always has  Snider vs Penn in the mix.  I don't know why Snider people have this fascination Penn. Penn win most of the time anyhow, But you see see this same message posted somewhere every year by Snider people for the benifit of Snider. So that's why I said it.

Yes, I have made a few post about a two division SAC for a few years, don't think I have this year, I think this one will do for now. 🙂

1 hour ago, FWfootball10 said:

2008, 2009, and 2017 in 3 straight games against Carmel snider lost those 3 by a COMBINED 7 points. They ended up losing in 2018 by 14 to Carmel. 

A good snider team can compete with Indy teams and has before. Homestead and Carroll have rarely fared well against them. I know Westfield is good but I don’t think they are like a Greyhound team that can physically grind you throughout the whole game with massive lines and depth and I don’t think some people on here understand that. The winner of this 6A sectional can and should compete against Westfield and make a game of it, possibly win. 

I got the year mixed up, I was referring to 2017. The 2018 Carmel team was well above even the Greyhound standard. Great team. 

Homestead got a taste of that depth last year. The Spartans looked good in the first half, but Carmel's depth was way too much for Homestead in the second. 

I also agree that Homestead has the best chance against Westfield this year. Defense wins championships, and Homestead has a pretty good one. Carroll's defense has some issues and the offense wont be able to carry them more than two or three games. Snider will also be a player in the sectional. We'll see just how much they've improved right off the bat Friday night? Warsaw? No one is talking about them. Personally, I think they are the 4th best team in that sectional. Maybe that'll light a fire under them. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

I got the year mixed up, I was referring to 2017. The 2018 Carmel team was well above even the Greyhound standard. Great team. 

Homestead got a taste of that depth last year. The Spartans looked good in the first half, but Carmel's depth was way too much for Homestead in the second. 

I also agree that Homestead has the best chance against Westfield this year. Defense wins championships, and Homestead has a pretty good one. Carroll's defense has some issues and the offense wont be able to carry them more than two or three games. Snider will also be a player in the sectional. We'll see just how much they've improved right off the bat Friday night? Warsaw? No one is talking about them. Personally, I think they are the 4th best team in that sectional. Maybe that'll light a fire under them. 

I'm hoping the team coming out of sectional 3, be it Homestead or Carroll, or one of others can make it too the title game. It has been awhile for that. Interesting that Carroll has higher probability chance to win sectional & regional than Homestead per Sagarin. 

7 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I'm hoping the team coming out of sectional 3, be it Homestead or Carroll, or one of others can make it too the title game. It has been awhile for that. Interesting that Carroll has higher probability chance to win sectional & regional than Homestead per Sagarin. 

Carroll's offense is as good as any when it is clicking on all cylinders. I just don't see their defense carrying them into regionals. 

4 hours ago, BTF said:

Snider takes Carmel to the wire every single time. They were on the verge of blowing them out of the water in 18' before self-destructing. Penn took care of business the following week. 

Homestead outplayed Carmel for a half last year without their best player. Sure, good teams figure it out in the end and that's what Carmel did. My point is this: Sectional 4 is FAR from invincible. The favorite? Yes. Is Westfield a darn good football team? Yes. But Homestead has amped up their level of play since joining the SAC, so don't be surprised if they give the Shamrocks a run...............if they get out of Sectional 3. 

Snider had the benefit of younger players actually seeing a panthers victory while growing up..they had no fear..those teams that competed with them were powerhouse squads littered with D1 athletes.. i have not witnessed sparty make it out of regionals since 98..their team last year had a better shot..westfield isn't invincible..it might be mental challenge..i just don't see it happening due to the programs not being familiar with one another..i know some say it doesn't matter..

3 hours ago, FWfootball10 said:

As you mentioned above Homestead has improved since joining the SAC which makes perfect sense. I think they have the best chance against Westfield out of these teams, probably Snider next year. Carroll doesn’t have the type of game right now IMO to contend with the teams down there. Look no further than giving up 70 to Homestead. 

The westfield team I've watched is a smaller version of a mic school..they have size speed n strength..every year we get on here talking about the area can compete with the only regional victories in the states largest class coming from snider since 98..correct me if I'm wrong..i would like to see an area team win..just my eyes will not allow me to type it..

22 hours ago, statmurp_10 said:

You maybe correct with your thinking. Yet, any discussion here on this message board goes nowhere without the input of the schools you've mentioned. I'm supposing you would like to see an enterprising person latch on to your idea, run with it, and present it to the schools and each of their Athletic Department's Administrators. Just possibly, it might see the light of day, but, and always there shall be a but, it would take a month worth of Sundays, to work out the logistics for such an aggressive endeavor, if first the idea would receive a positive nod. So, in the interim, I'll wish you the best of luck seeing this through.

So it's going to take a month of logistics to figure this out? Yet, just this year we have seen teams pick up games in a couple days notice?  I am not following that logic. 

If ADs are serious about doing what's best for the kids, they will get this done.  Jeff Becker and Duce Taylor are two of the best QBs in the State, but they don't get the statewide attention they deserve because they only play locally.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

So it's going to take a month of logistics to figure this out? Yet, just this year we have seen teams pick up games in a couple days notice?  I am not following that logic. 

If ADs are serious about doing what's best for the kids, they will get this done.  Jeff Becker and Duce Taylor are two of the best QBs in the State, but they don't get the statewide attention they deserve because they only play locally.

I believe I had stated, it would take a months worth of SUNDAYS, as a catch phrase, but maybe you're too young to have heard or even understood this choice of words. Since this plan is your idea, maybe you should work out all of the logistics, and then run it past the schools you've included, unless you're not really that serious, and the posting was only conjecture in a passing fantasy. Who knows for sure? The ball is on your 'grid'.

43 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

Good post. But unfortunately FWCS's main focus is "simplicity." They could open lots of doors for the kids, fans, and athletic budget if they would just open their minds to a new idea. Will it take a little more work? Sure. But the ultimate reward would be worth it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, statmurp_10 said:

I believe I had stated, it would take a months worth of SUNDAYS, as a catch phrase, but maybe you're too young to have heard or even understood this choice of words. Since this plan is your idea, maybe you should work out all of the logistics, and then run it past the schools you've included, unless you're not really that serious, and the posting was only conjecture in a passing fantasy. Who knows for sure? The ball is on your 'grid'.

Did you miss the other two pages of this thread? Not sure how this is his idea, just simply a follow up of the discussion and offering more specific match ups. 

26 minutes ago, BTF said:

Good post. But unfortunately FWCS's main focus is "simplicity." They could open lots of doors for the kids, fans, and athletic budget if they would just open their minds to a new idea. Will it take a little more work? Sure. But the ultimate reward would be worth it. 

Exactly. This mindset is only going to put the bigger FW schools further and further behind the competition.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, statmurp_10 said:

You might be surprised at who reads these forums. The media reads them. Head coaches read them. Administrators read them. They may not post, but they read them.

• Like 2