Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CONCORD IS OUT

BREAKING: Concord High School has canceled and forfeited tonight’s game against South Bend Adams due to potential spread of COVID-19 in the program.
The Eagles will advance to the sectional championship.
Image may contain: text

24 Comments
26 Shares

Comment

• Confused 1

I am strongly in favor of cancelling the rest of the tournament effective immediately.  Teams are falling by the wayside at all 3 levels.  High school/College/Pro.  The more they play, the more will get sick.  

Edited by DT

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

They're not getting sick by playing. 

Only a fool would assume that players are not spreading the virus through on field contact.

35 minutes ago, DT said:

I am strongly in favor of cancelling the rest of the tournament effective immediately.  Teams are falling by the wayside at all 3 levels.  High school/College/Pro.  The more they play, the more will get sick.  

So noted... just checked... u don’t get to vote.

6 minutes ago, Purdue Pete said:

So noted... just checked... u don’t get to vote.

True.  But I am allowed to comment and voice my opinion.

From what I've heard around here, it isn't the students getting it. It's the teachers testing positive and forcing everyone into quarantine. Vigo County has had to go back to A/B days and some schools have been forced into elearning because lack of teachers. Not sure about other areas, but that's what it's like around here.

41 minutes ago, npcougar15 said:

South Bend Adams playing for a sectional championship without ever snapping the ball. Cant wait to hear how coach Jones is looking to "build" off of his sectional championship appearance when the 2021 season rolls around...

Perry Meridian is playing for a sectional championship ... and they are 0-9! I would go out on a limb and say that never in the history of Indiana football has a team ever recorded their only victory of the season in a sectional championship game.  ... Of course, they’ll have to beat Ben Davis to do it. But still ...