Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Semistate Championship scores......

11 hours ago, foxbat said:

Five would be, although there was a stretch from 2010 - 2012, with five classes, where PPs won 1A-4A.

I'm going to go out on a limb and take SouthAdams in 1A over Covenant Christian and WeBo to clip Leurs in an upset in 2A for the block.

Covenant Christian has not had a football program for very long. I think this is only their 6th year in the tournament.

12 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Don't know if you've been watching much of this, but Webster for Westfield is a beast.

Running yes, but his passing was off last night. 152 rushing yards, but only 116 passing. Maybe his best run was Westfield's only turnover of the game. He was all but sacked, the ball came out, he was able to shake off the defender, scoop up the ball, and run about 30 yards to the Merrillville three yard line before another defender poked the ball out from behind. With Micha Hauser, their leading rusher this season playing sparingly last night, and only on offense (he's also a linebacker), Webster has picked up more of the load these past two weeks. Hauser did not play at all against Homestead. He injured an ankle in the sectional title game against Fishers.  Hauser did run one time, making the most of it for a nine yard TD.

1 hour ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Amazing! I watched Westfield put a 49-16 whipping on Zionsville back in September. It was 42-0 at halftime. Zionsville looked awful that night. Two HCC schools in the championship games!

I saw Westfield play Cathedral the first game of the season.  As we left that night I said I hope Westfield turns out to be better than they showed tonight.  They are!

18 hours ago, jakone said:

Dewey defeats Truman!

Great win by Luers. I will always say Luers is a threat in 2A regardless of regular season record. Playing mostly 4A, 5A & 6A teams in regular season will get you prepared to play top 2A teams that feast on 1A, 2A & 3A teams in regular season. Yes, I know Pioneer beat a 6A and 4A this year. 

my question is... did the Pioneer OL who left the game when the Panthers were dominating..also a starter on D?  What  changed to see Luers suddenly put up so many points... and what changes the Luers make d-wise to suddenly stop that offense?  Pioneer is really a 1A school..as we all know... it's tough  to lose a 2-way starter.. not to mention already being short a big player on both sides of the ball.  My Congrats to what they have accomplished!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Miner_Pride said:

my question is... did the Pioneer OL who left the game when the Panthers were dominating..also a starter on D?  What  changed to see Luers suddenly put up so many points... and what changes the Luers make d-wise to suddenly stop that offense?  Pioneer is really a 1A school..as we all know... it's tough  to lose a 2-way starter.. not to mention already being short a big player on both sides of the ball.  My Congrats to what they have accomplished!

Pioneer Olineman that got hurt was one of the teams leading tacklers on defense at middle linebacker and was also the teams punter. Had to move one of our better cover guys from OLB to ILB to compensate and one of our dlinemen to olb, who then cramped up in the third quarter and couldn't go back in. No excuses from our side. Luers came out in the second half playing to win and it seemed like we came out playing to not lose.

5 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

Pioneer Olineman that got hurt was one of the teams leading tacklers on defense at middle linebacker and was also the teams punter. Had to move one of our better cover guys from OLB to ILB to compensate and one of our dlinemen to olb, who then cramped up in the third quarter and couldn't go back in. No excuses from our side. Luers came out in the second half playing to win and it seemed like we came out playing to not lose.

yeah... but.... that played a major factor.  a small 1A school playing up a class against a (i'm guessing here) much larger roster from Luers... can't lose a player like that on both sides of the ball because there just is not the depth factor...