Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Semistate Championship scores......

2 minutes ago, crimsonace1 said:

You kick so the best they can do is tie with the 2-pointer. They'd have to score a TD, 2PC AND then score again in OT (and likely convert another 2PC) to beat you. 

Consider me 100% in the Kick camp.  I've just known some coaches who might go for the jugular then but was curious what others think.

Glad my thinking isn't off base!

6A: Westfield vs. Center Grove
5A: Zionsville vs. Cathedral
4A: Hobart vs. Roncalli
3A: Chatard vs. Danville
2A: FW Luers vs. Western Boone
1A: South Adams vs. Covenant Christian

9 of the 12 state finalists from Central Indiana. 

Given this is the first time the IHSAA has not used pre-determined State Finals matchups, my guess is 3A/1A/5A on Friday (1A in the middle of the day so South Adams has more time to arrive) ... then 2A/4A/6A on Saturday, which also gets your two biggest classes in primetime (but also Indy-area teams so they have the shortest drives home after the late games). 

Tough turn of events there for Pioneer.

Not sure I understand the last timeout though.  Tackled the player on 2nd down with 1:00 left. But then the timeout doesn't come until :43 seconds left?  No chance of a 4th down play losing those 17 seconds. 

Although it's easy to sit here and say that.  I've been guilty of some bad timeouts in the heat of the moment myself, so I'm in a glass house for sure. Just curious if anyone else caught that. 

1 minute ago, oldtimeqb said:

Tough turn of events there for Pioneer.

Not sure I understand the last timeout though.  Tackled the player on 2nd down with 1:00 left. But then the timeout doesn't come until :43 seconds left?  No chance of a 4th down play losing those 17 seconds. 

Although it's easy to sit here and say that.  I've been guilty of some bad timeouts in the heat of the moment myself, so I'm in a glass house for sure. Just curious if anyone else caught that. 

I agree. I thought they would have told the ref they wanted a time out at the end of the play.

2 minutes ago, psaboy said:

Yeah, I know that Zionsville doesn't determine that. Maybe there needs to be some form of "zionsville" rule in future???

It's set up to try to prevent teams from hosting multiple rounds in a row, but it does happen occasionally because both teams were home in the previous round and one team has the northernmost sectional and southernmost regional in the pairing (or vice-versa). The one stipulation put in is a team that was on the road for both the sectional final and the regional hosts the semistate (unless both teams were on the road for those two rounds).