Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral vs. Zionsville - 5A State Championship Saturday @ 7PM

1 hour ago, Indiana Fan said:

I have never noticed before. I thought it was funny. Looks like the kids did not enjoy it to be honest haha

They're are kids.  One of those things they think is dumb but don't understand the purpose which originally started as a "wake-up" call to the special teams players.  Just something they have always done, except they did take a break during Streiff's first run as coach but O'Hara restarted it when Streiff left for North Central in the early 2000's.

5 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

LCC

Sectional Champ LCC Home team

Regional LCC Away team

South Adams

Sectional Champ South Adams Home

Regional South Adams Away

Semi-State = 

Classes 2A, 4A & 6A
*Regional non-host, if applicable, or lower sectional # (i.e., Sect. 1 is lower than Sect. 2)

Classes A, 3A & 5A
*Regional non-host, if applicable, or higher sectional # (i.e., Sect. 2 is higher than Sect. 1)

Both LCC and South Adams were Away for Regionals so both were non-host. LCC is in Sectional 42 and South Adams in Sectional 43 Sectional 43 is higher than Sectional 42.

It's that Sectional Champion item that's in question and what @temptation might have been alluding too.  LCC was supposed to play TPCS in the Sectional Championship as the AWAY team.  TCPS forfeited due to COVID.  That would have then triggered the seldom-used clause, "*If regional winner has not hosted either sectional final or regional, that school will be the designated host."  IHSAA ended up treating that game as an LCC home game and that's what made the other clause, "*Regional non-host, if applicable, or higher sectional # (i.e., Sect. 2 is higher than Sect. 1)" kick in.  LCC played one game of four actually played in post-season at home ... opening weekend ... and one of five scheduled at home.  It was scheduled to play sectional championship away ... played the regional away ... and played semi-state away too. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, foxbat said:

It's that Sectional Champion item that's in question and what @temptation might have been alluding too.  LCC was supposed to play TPCS in the Sectional Championship as the AWAY team.  TCPS forfeited due to COVID.  That would have then triggered the seldom-used clause, "*If regional winner has not hosted either sectional final or regional, that school will be the designated host."  IHSAA ended up treating that game as an LCC home game and that's what made the other clause, "*Regional non-host, if applicable, or higher sectional # (i.e., Sect. 2 is higher than Sect. 1)" kick in.  LCC played one game of four actually played in post-season at home ... opening weekend ... and one of five scheduled at home.  It was scheduled to play sectional championship away ... played the regional away ... and played semi-state away too. 

Makes sense. Perhaps a mistake on their part? However it was pretty cut and dry in the case of Zionsville vs Dwenger as a forfeit is not treated as a bye.

13 hours ago, foxbat said:

And switched the location on a TUESDAY of game week if I am not mistaken?

48 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Makes sense. Perhaps a mistake on their part? However it was pretty cut and dry in the case of Zionsville vs Dwenger as a forfeit is not treated as a bye.

25 minutes ago, temptation said:

And switched the location on a TUESDAY of game week if I am not mistaken?

It might have been a mistake, but as @temptation the notice came down of a change in venue on Tuesday of gameweek. 

The odd thing about it all, which leads to questions of inconsistency is that TPCS had the same thing happen the week before with Clinton Prairie except it was Clinton Prairie that had to drop out due to COVID and it was considered a forfeit by CP.  Up to and through that point, it appeared that the IHSAA was considering things based solely on the normal logistics which is based on location and not who won or lost and considering a team that won by a forfeit the home team for that match-up even if they were scheduled away.  It also seemed to be working on the premise that a bye only exists based on a traditional scheduling bye ... i.e., first round bye or uneven teams in subsequent rounds byes.  In the end, for LCC, it didn't necessarily matter other than the long trip, because if you lose a semi-state game by 35 points, it's not the location that mattered.  Could have played at South Adams, LaRocca, in a box with a fox, in a house with a mouse, ... the end result would have been the same.

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

It might have been a mistake, but as @temptation the notice came down of a change in venue on Tuesday of gameweek. 

The odd thing about it all, which leads to questions of inconsistency is that TPCS had the same thing happen the week before with Clinton Prairie except it was Clinton Prairie that had to drop out due to COVID and it was considered a forfeit by CP.  Up to and through that point, it appeared that the IHSAA was considering things based solely on the normal logistics which is based on location and not who won or lost and considering a team that won by a forfeit the home team for that match-up even if they were scheduled away.  It also seemed to be working on the premise that a bye only exists based on a traditional scheduling bye ... i.e., first round bye or uneven teams in subsequent rounds byes.  In the end, for LCC, it didn't necessarily matter other than the long trip, because if you lose a semi-state game by 35 points, it's not the location that mattered.  Could have played at South Adams, LaRocca, in a box with a fox, in a house with a mouse, ... the end result would have been the same.

Yes, sounds like someone fudged up there.

Just have to ask where do you prefer to eat your green eggs and ham?

14 minutes ago, FastpacedO said:

Yes, sounds like someone fudged up there.

Just have to ask where do you prefer to eat your green eggs and ham?

With the refs at LOS. 😀