Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Colts 2020

Irishman

So, how does a team that is 9-4 get so little attention? Even here, a football site in Indiana....nothin

I am not sure anyone can beat the Chiefs. The Steelers remind me of the Packers team from a few years ago that started the season at 13-0, and lost at KC.....bad. And they were quickly bounced from the playoffs. The Steelers have been close a lot. I just don’t see them doing much in the playoffs. When it gets cold and the weather gets messy, Derrick Henry is the best player to have on the field. The Titans made noise last year and had KC dazed before letting it get away in the playoffs. 
I like the Colts as a dark horse, just like I think the Vikings are in the NFC. Both teams  are very similar. 

8 minutes ago, Irishman said:

So, how does a team that is 9-4 get so little attention? Even here, a football site in Indiana....nothin

I am not sure anyone can beat the Chiefs. The Steelers remind me of the Packers team from a few years ago that started the season at 13-0, and lost at KC.....bad. And they were quickly bounced from the playoffs. The Steelers have been close a lot. I just don’t see them doing much in the playoffs. When it gets cold and the weather gets messy, Derrick Henry is the best player to have on the field. The Titans made noise last year and had KC dazed before letting it get away in the playoffs. 
I like the Colts as a dark horse, just like I think the Vikings are in the NFC. Both teams  are very similar. 

I’ve never been sold on this year’s Steelers team.  KC is it in the AFC.  Although the Colts defense has been very good this year, Mahomes will shred them should they meet up in the postseason.  

38 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Are the Colts considered a "small" market team?  I really only get them in NWI if the Bears are not playing.

Have they had many national/prime time games?

I always enjoyed prime time games in Indy.

12 minutes ago, DE said:

Are the Colts considered a "small" market team?  I really only get them in NWI if the Bears are not playing.

I am not sure if they are considered a small market team or not. He in NE Indiana, we are part of their viewing audience, so we get all of their games. They have had just one prime time game, a Thursday night game in Tennessee. 

12 hours ago, DE said:

Yes, the Colts are definitely a small market team.    

And I get basically the reverse here in CI.  If the Colts have a 1pm home game on say CBS the other channel,  usually FOX/WXIN/59,  will not show the 1pm Bears game but instead play something like 3 hours of Modern Family reruns.  

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Yes, the Colts are definitely a small market team.    

And I get basically the reverse here in CI.  If the Colts have a 1pm home game on say CBS the other channel,  usually FOX/WXIN/59,  will not show the 1pm Bears game but instead play something like 3 hours of Modern Family reruns.  

Silly isn't it?

I am a Bears "fan" bc that is all we had to watch growing up.  Same as the Cubs on WGN.

I believe the White Sox were packaged to Sportschannel much like the Blackhawks.  Maybe @Coach Nowlinknows more since he is a sox fan.

Now for my 8th grade son, he could care less about football and baseball.

When it comes to basketball, he enjoys the Bucks (mainly because of Giannis) and GSW (Klay Thompson).  As a parent, I am grateful he enjoys those guys as opposed to other pro basketball players.  Giannis and Klay seem like really good people.

• 2 weeks later...

HUGE missed opportunity today by the Colts....HORRIBLE 2nd half. They gave up on the run game way too soon. Defense played really well most of the game; hard to fault them for the one play 3 yard drive for a TD......outside of that one play, they really did do enough to win the game. The loss could very well cost them a spot in the playoffs. It is crazy to think they could finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs, when in the NFC, the Cowboys are still alive and could finish 7-9. 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 10:20 PM, Irishman said:

It is crazy to think they could finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs, when in the NFC, the Cowboys are still alive and could finish 7-9. 

Yep, the AFC is scary good this season, kind of reminds me of those years where the Western Division dominated the NBA.

On 12/27/2020 at 10:20 PM, Irishman said:

HUGE missed opportunity today by the Colts....HORRIBLE 2nd half. They gave up on the run game way too soon. Defense played really well most of the game; hard to fault them for the one play 3 yard drive for a TD......outside of that one play, they really did do enough to win the game. The loss could very well cost them a spot in the playoffs. It is crazy to think they could finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs, when in the NFC, the Cowboys are still alive and could finish 7-9. 

Yep, things have a way of evening themselves out I guess.

Blew a 4th quarter lead at JACKSONVILLE (the Jags lone win obviously) in week 1.

Choked away this past weekend’s game in Pittsburgh.

Of course they probably should not have beaten Green Bay or Houston so the only people they have to blame are themselves.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Yep, things have a way of evening themselves out I guess.

Blew a 4th quarter lead at JACKSONVILLE (the Jags lone win obviously) in week 1.

Choked away this past weekend’s game in Pittsburgh.

Of course they probably should not have beaten Green Bay or Houston so the only people they have to blame are themselves.

Why shouldn't they have beaten Houston?  I've read on here that they are terrible.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, DE said:

What happens to the $ if you retire with time left on your contract?

Most NFL contracts are not guaranteed, as was Mr. Castonzo's.  FTA:

Indianapolis was just 4-13 in the 17 games Castonzo missed in 10 seasons, and there are no easy answers to replacing a veteran like that, although the way Castonzo structured the two-year deal he signed in March of 2020 does open up some options for Ballard. 

None of the $16 million Castonzo was scheduled to earn in 2021 was guaranteed, which means the Colts get all of it back in salary-cap savings, which means Indianapolis will likely have at least something close to $70 million in cap space this offseason; the actual number is up in the air as the NFL tries to reckon with the financial implications of the coronavirus pandemic.