Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Committee Got it Right with IU/ISU Debate

Guest DT

ISU handled PAC 12 Champ Oregon rather easily while IU loses to SEC bottom dweller Mississippi 

Indiana fans - lets not get ahead of ourselves.  High school coaching rants and LEO slogans are great, but Mississippi's 16 Four Star athletes and #29 Roster Composite Ranking are going to beat Indiana'a five 4 star players and #53 Roster Ranking the vast majority of the time.

Talent wins out.

We need more 4 star players.   The target is 15   This is Allens next great challenge.  is he up to it?

https://247sports.com/Season/2020-Football/CollegeTeamTalentComposite/

Edited by DT

Keep in mind that while Oregon won the PAC 12 Championship game, they were a replacement for Washington who had to back out due to virus issues. So it is not really a fair comparison. With that conference as a whole playing so few games, it is hard to draw any conclusions. 

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

Keep in mind that while Oregon won the PAC 12 Championship game, they were a replacement for Washington who had to back out due to virus issues. So it is not really a fair comparison. With that conference as a whole playing so few games, it is hard to draw any conclusions. 

Would you have rather seen IU travel across the country to play Oregon?

5 hours ago, DT said:

ISU handled PAC 12 Champ Oregon rather easily while IU loses to SEC bottom dweller Mississippi 

Indiana fans - lets not get ahead of ourselves.  High school coaching rants and LEO slogans are great, but Mississippi's 16 Four Star athletes and #29 Roster Composite Ranking are going to beat Indiana'a five 4 star players and #53 Roster Ranking the vast majority of the time.

Talent wins out.

We need more 4 star players.   The target is 15   This is Allens next great challenge.  is he up to it?

So using your logic would you say committee got it wrong with ND over Florida,Georgia (injured Qb), and Texas A&M over ND?

12 hours ago, DT said:

Talent wins out.

IU wins that game by 10-14 with a healthy Penix.

7 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

So using your logic would you say committee got it wrong with ND over Florida,Georgia (injured Qb), and Texas A&M over ND?

I dont see them as related

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Isn't that what we do here? Speculate? We're certainly not coaches and players. This is a fan's forum. 

Here is the problem with one-sided "speculation..."

It fails to take into account that there were two teams playing in the game and that the other team was also missing key players, including their All-American WR and their tight end.  Those two alone combined for over 1700 yards receiving this season.

Just accept the fact that you were wrong.  IU was in the correct bowl game and benefitted from a weak Big Ten in 2020.  You'd have taken 6-2 in a heart beat back in October.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

It fails to take into account that there were two teams playing in the game and that the other team was also missing key players, including their All-American WR and their tight end.  Those two alone combined for over 1700 yards receiving this season.

Just accept the fact that you were wrong.  IU was in the correct bowl game and benefitted from a weak Big Ten in 2020.  You'd have taken 6-2 in a heart beat back in October.

I am a ND fan and I would take a 6-2 record in their last 8 meaningful (I forget exactly how the commentators coined it) bowl games.  Last meaningful bowl win (Cotton-https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/boxscores/1994-01-01-notre-dame.html) was against Texas A&M.

• Haha 1

On 1/3/2021 at 7:48 AM, DT said:

Talent wins out.

IU’s loss had zilch to do with Ole Miss “stars” and everything to do with one team preparing and executing a game plan better than their opponent.

IU beat plenty of more “talented” teams than Ole Miss this year that had several more 4 and 5 star recruits. Not sure why you always have to go down this rabbit hole?

Edited by Footballking16

10 hours ago, temptation said:

Aren't you the same guy that put an asterisk on Notre Dames win over Clemson? They only reason they won was "because Lawrence wasn't playing." Wasn't ND without some starters just like Ole Miss was? Lol, talk about one sided. 

A healthy IU beats a healthy Ole Miss. Anyone with an IQ over 85 knows that. Penix is to IU what Lawrence is to Clemson. 

And I guess the Big Ten stinks only because Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State were down. Maybe they were down because the rest of the Big Ten was up. All I know is this............the Big Ten was 3-1 in non-conference games this season. Three wins, one loss against the SEC and ACC. And the biggest win of all featured Ohio State handling Clemson with less difficulty than they had against IU, Northwestern, and Penn State. 

10 hours ago, BTF said:

Aren't you the same guy that put an asterisk on Notre Dames win over Clemson? They only reason they won was "because Lawrence wasn't playing." Wasn't ND without some starters just like Ole Miss was? Lol, talk about one sided. 

A healthy IU beats a healthy Ole Miss. Anyone with an IQ over 85 knows that. Penix is to IU what Lawrence is to Clemson. 

And I guess the Big Ten stinks only because Michigan, Michigan State, and Penn State were down. Maybe they were down because the rest of the Big Ten was up. All I know is this............the Big Ten was 3-1 in non-conference games this season. Three wins, one loss against the SEC and ACC. And the biggest win of all featured Ohio State handling Clemson with less difficulty than they had against IU, Northwestern, and Penn State. 

So much non-sense to unpack here but I will do my best.

1.  The ND/Clemson debate was common sense and I was proven correct in the ACC title game my friend.  That was ONE sided.  Clemson was down SIX starters in that regular season game against ND and still nearly pulled off the win.

2.  I guess my IQ is 84.9 because Elijah Moore (Ole Miss' best WR) is considered an early round NFL draft pick and did not play.  He was an All-SEC receiver and had nearly 1200 yards receiving.  Their TE amassed 500 receiving yards this season and also opted out.  They also played without their top RB.

3.  The Penix/Lawrence comparison is laughable.  I am not even going to entertain it.

4.  You are SERIOUSLY arguing that the Big Ten was "up" because Ohio State carried the water for the conference again?  PSU and Michigan are more talented than IU yet the Lions were playing their 3rd-4th string running back all season and Michigan was trotting true freshmen and walk ons out there for much of the season.  Wisconsin was a shell of itself.  You are once again trying to use the margin of defeat against OSU as a measuring stick to compare Indiana/Northwestern/Penn State to CLEMSON?  You need your head examined.

Once again, be satisfied in the fact that IU was 6-2 this season.  It's one hell of an accomplishment.  But they were beaten by a sub .500 team from the SEC who was without three main cogs on offense.  The ONE chance you have to PROVE that you deserved better was on the field and the Hoosiers failed to do so.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

So much non-sense to unpack here but I will do my best.

1.  The ND/Clemson debate was common sense and I was proven correct in the ACC title game my friend.  That was ONE sided.  Clemson was down SIX starters in that regular season game against ND and still nearly pulled off the win.

2.  I guess my IQ is 84.9 because Elijah Moore (Ole Miss' best WR) is considered an early round NFL draft pick and did not play.  He was an All-SEC receiver and had nearly 1200 yards receiving.  Their TE amassed 500 receiving yards this season and also opted out.  They also played without their top RB.

3.  The Penix/Lawrence comparison is laughable.  I am not even going to entertain it.

4.  You are SERIOUSLY arguing that the Big Ten was "up" because Ohio State carried the water for the conference again?  PSU and Michigan are more talented than IU yet the Lions were playing their 3rd-4th string running back all season and Michigan was trotting true freshmen and walk ons out there for much of the season.  Wisconsin was a shell of itself.  You are once again trying to use the margin of defeat against OSU as a measuring stick to compare Indiana/Northwestern/Penn State to CLEMSON?  You need your head examined.

Once again, be satisfied in the fact that IU was 6-2 this season.  It's one hell of an accomplishment.  But they were beaten by a sub .500 team from the SEC who was without three main cogs on offense.  The ONE chance you have to PROVE that you deserved better was on the field and the Hoosiers failed to do so.

And the crowd goes wild!

23 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

IU’s loss had zilch to do with Ole Miss “stars” and everything to do with one team preparing and executing a game plan better than their opponent.

IU beat plenty of more “talented” teams than Ole Miss this year that had several more 4 and 5 star recruits. Not sure why you always have to go down this rabbit hole?

I am not so sure about the second part of this. Ole Miss put 48 points on the board against Bama. Maybe Bama had a bad day, but still. 

Go ahead and entertain it. I'll pull a cold coke out of the fridge, make a batch of popcorn, and wait. 

4.  You are SERIOUSLY arguing that the Big Ten was "up" because Ohio State carried the water for the conference again? 

Prove that they were down? Bring some facts and numbers to the table this time. 

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

Go ahead and entertain it. I'll pull a cold coke out of the fridge, make a batch of popcorn, and wait. 

Prove that they were down? Bring some facts and numbers to the table this time. 

1.  Trevor Lawrence doesn’t even know who Michael Pennix is.

2.  I already did.  The #7 team in the SEC outscored the supposed #11 team in America...26-20.

On 1/5/2021 at 8:00 PM, temptation said:

1.  Trevor Lawrence doesn’t even know who Michael Pennix is.

2.  I already did.  The #7 team in the SEC outscored the supposed #11 team in America...26-20.

1.     Does Clemson even know who Indiana is? Lawrence is to Clemson, what Penix is to Indiana. Not sure what you don't understand about that.

2.     Indiana was ranked #11 based on what Penix accomplished when he was healthy.........to be fair. And you seem to want to ignore the fact that the #1 team in the Big Ten outscored the #1 team in the ACC by 21. The Big ten is 3-1 against the ACC and the SEC. If Indiana and Northwestern were 6-9 and Michigan and Penn State were 12-2, you wouldn't even be engaging in this conversation. In your opinion, the Big Ten is "down" because Michigan and Penn State are "down."

54 minutes ago, BTF said:

1.     Does Clemson even know who Indiana is? Lawrence is to Clemson, what Penix is to Indiana. Not sure what you don't understand about that.

2.     Indiana was ranked #11 based on what Penix accomplished when he was healthy.........to be fair. And you seem to want to ignore the fact that the #1 team in the Big Ten outscored the #1 team in the ACC by 21. The Big ten is 3-1 against the ACC and the SEC. If Indiana and Northwestern were 6-9 and Michigan and Penn State were 12-2, you wouldn't even be engaging in this conversation. In your opinion, the Big Ten is "down" because Michigan and Penn State are "down."

I do want to ignore that fact because it is irrelevant.  OSU doesn't get "up" to play a team they have beaten soundly for 3+ decades.  Indiana coming into the Shoe and playing in a national semi-final is a true apples to oranges comparison.

We are done here dude.  Don't make me bring up Noblesville/Homestead.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I do want to ignore that fact because it is irrelevant.  OSU doesn't get "up" to play a team they have beaten soundly for 3+ decades.  Indiana coming into the Shoe and playing in a national semi-final is a true apples to oranges comparison.

Did you hear the one about the BIG Championship?

14 hours ago, temptation said:

Again. Facts. And you're never done. You're like the energizer bunny.