Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CFP Championship

Irishman

Stories and blog posts have been coming out this week about another covid outbreak on campus in Columbus, OH. I am not into Outkick much at all, but this is an interesting article. Serious questions and concerns are raised. Is there REALLY an outbreak? Or is OSU looking for extra time for Fields to heal? If the game is postponed, it is a bad look on the game, considering the fact that OSU has basically dictated the season and the playoffs......and not on the field. It is that program that pushed hard for the conference to have a season, minimizing the risks of covid, and yet this campus/program has been the one in the conference with the most significant impact. So, they get a consensus in the conference that says yeah, ok; how about we set a standard for minimum number of games to play to be in the conference championship? They reach a majority for that decision as well. We get to the end of the season and OSU has not played the agreed upon number of games. The concern is that not allowing them to play in that title game would keep them out of the CFP. so, the rules are changed again for OSU's benefit. So, they win that game; make their way into the CFP. Granted they played the best game of football I have seen in quite a while against Clemson. So now we are at the title game. The CFP committee did have an alternate plan in case the game had to be delayed. There is still a chance it could be. (Move it to a Saturday evening please; Monday is a bad day for this game). Lord knows OSU has been caught doing some shady things in the past. I too wonder now....I say play the game no matter what. Tell OSU tough sh*t; play the game; you have been given enough breaks. 

https://www.outkick.com/couch-buckeyes-have-had-enough-rules-bent-for-them-already/?fbclid=IwAR09t7eE1pthm4tcX1rGZyqXQrnhSvESWpgi6pRv5p1cGX0XQ6RRbWO4FRY

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, temptation said:

I’m just here for the spin from the ND faithful.

”We played them tougher than Ohio State did.”

Haha..so true. I would bet my life's savings that one ND fan I know will post something similiar on Facebook. I'm looking forward to the day that Saban decides to not coach college ball anymore. How about Hook 'Em fans? Someone should dampen their expectations and remind them Sark isn't bringing Jones, Harris, Smith, and the entire Alabama O-Line with him to Austin. Irregardless, the way he was using Harris in the 1st half on the motions was a thing of beauty. I haven't watched much of Alabama this year. Was that a new wrinkle for tonight or typical of Sark's playing calling this year? 

10 hours ago, temptation said:

I guess it’s something to even get to that point, as opposed to sitting around complaining about being disrespected because your team didn’t get the bowl game they thought they earned. But when you get to that level, every game is either a “W” or an “L.” Nothing else matters. So, there’s no “spin.”

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bobref said:

I guess it’s something to even get to that point, as opposed to sitting around complaining about being disrespected because your team didn’t get the bowl game they thought they earned. But when you get to that level, every game is either a “W” or an “L.” Nothing else matters. So, there’s no “spin.”

He's just looking for drama. 

7 hours ago, temptation said:

Lol. Never from me. As an ND fan, we are light years from Bamas team this year. 

54 minutes ago, DE said:

Have you watched both teams play?  If so, you can tell.

It just depends on your interpretation of what "light years ahead" is. If you are a fan of college football ONLY because you like football, then yes, Bama is far ahead of Notre Dame in that regard. However, if you like college football for what it is supposed to represent............the student athlete............then maybe ND is light years ahead of Bama. 

Bottom line, like it or hate it......................What Brian Kelly has done with "student athletes" is nothing short of remarkable. 

19 minutes ago, BTF said:

It just depends on your interpretation of what "light years ahead" is. If you are a fan of college football ONLY because you like football, then yes, Bama is far ahead of Notre Dame in that regard. However, if you like college football for what it is supposed to represent............the student athlete............then maybe ND is light years ahead of Bama. 

Bottom line, like it or hate it......................What Brian Kelly has done with "student athletes" is nothing short of remarkable. 

100% agreed!  ^^^^^This post is EXACTLY why I am an ND fan.

You will not get an argument from me here.

I am just speaking of results on the field.  

4 minutes ago, DE said:

100% agreed!  ^^^^^This post is EXACTLY why I am an ND fan.

You will not get an argument from me here.

I am just speaking of results on the field.  

Who isn't?  Some call it sour grapes but its obvious that college football programs are not operating under the same rules which is why (even though I give them hell), I respect Notre Dame for excelling both on and off the field.

Notre Dame IS undoubtedly light years ahead of Alabama academically but weird flex on a football message board.

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

Who isn't?  Some call it sour grapes but its obvious that college football programs are not operating under the same rules which is why (even though I give them hell), I respect Notre Dame for excelling both on and off the field.

Notre Dame IS undoubtedly light years ahead of Alabama academically but weird flex on a football message board.

Who isn't?

Weird flex....I don't know what this means.

30 minutes ago, DE said:

Who isn't?

Weird flex....I don't know what this means.

"Who isn't" as in who isn't speaking about results on the field.  

Weird flex = strange environment to boast about superior academics

Notre Dame will continue to churn out six figure CEO's while Bama will continue to operate as a football factory.  ND will never go that route but is still a top 10-15 team annually which is commendable.

5 minutes ago, temptation said:

"Who isn't" as in who isn't speaking about results on the field.  

Weird flex = strange environment to boast about superior academics

Notre Dame will continue to churn out six figure CEO's while Bama will continue to operate as a football factory.  ND will never go that route but is still a top 10-15 team annually which is commendable.

Gotcha.

LOL.  Thanks.  I guess the Scab guy that supports Andrean, or whatever his screen name is, was right.  I am old b/c I do not know what "weird flex" means.

Question for the officials......did you happen to notice the Bama o linemen down field often when they threw the ball? Especially on RPO's?

One of them was actually kind of comical....looked like #65 ran a drag route with Jones throwing to the slant receiver behind him. 😄

As a line coach, I am not a fan of RPO's........there are several concepts that are counter intuitive to what linemen are taught. Watching the film room, the 4 coaches there were commenting regularly on it. I watched a highlight video and Herbstreit even mentioned it. Do you guys see that on the high school level much? 

8 hours ago, southend said:

It was nice to see 3 Indiana D1 schools land in the top 25 in the AP poll. Although I think Ball state was under ranked by 5-10 spots. Conversely Indiana was over ranked by several spots. Not so sure about ND. though. 

Congrats to Ball State and Indiana. ND's not an Indiana school. They're an extension of Chicago's South Side 😃

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

12 hours ago, BTF said:

College football board.

Ah, gotcha.  Thanks for clarification.  Can we also discuss the majors offered, tuition fees and performance of the chess club for each school?  I'd be willing to bet ND is better there too.

Gimme a break.  Citing academics on a college football message board after your team gets curb stomped is the ultimate white flag.