Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please, tell me you actually do not believe this statement?    They BOTH are brutal QB development 

I think the fact that both Pace and Nagy are still here means they are all in on Trubisky... for one more season. If that’s the case, please, please, pretty please address the offensive line issues.

Bob.  What part of "me and you" do you not understand?  LOL.  

On 1/23/2021 at 6:46 PM, Irishman said:

First up...Matthew Stafford asks for a trade; the end of an era in Detroit. It will be interesting to see where the Lions go from here and where Stafford ends up. 

https://www.nfl.com/news/matthew-stafford-era-in-detroit-likely-over-as-star-qb-requests-trade 

Detroit Free Press lists Colts as the #1 trade partner for Mr. Stafford:  https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2021/01/24/ranking-potential-trade-partners-detroit-lions-matthew-stafford/6691558002/

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodgers said in his post game interviews that his future in Green Bay was uncertain. 

It bugs me in a couple of ways. One, the front office should do everything it can to keep him. You are one of the few favorites to win it all next year. If the call is Rodgers; I cannot think of a better situation for him. There is not a receiver, in my mind, better than Adams. You have one of THE best offensive lines in the league.....if they are healthy. Sure there are things that can be fixed, but the pieces are definitely in place. Going somewhere else means starting over; new playbook, new teammates and coaches.......just don't think he would be as successful any where else. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard Pass on Matt Ryan 

Darnold...   what separates him from Mitch? 

Both look to be high QB draft picks that have had little consistent success and I would argue that Mitch has had a far better go at it thus far then Darnold and it would be a downgrade for the Bears.  SO.. Double Hard pass 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Hard Pass on Matt Ryan 

Darnold...   what separates him from Mitch? 

Both look to be high QB draft picks that have had little consistent success and I would argue that Mitch has had a far better go at it thus far then Darnold and it would be a downgrade for the Bears.  SO.. Double Hard pass 

I don’t understand the intricacies of the salary cap, so I don’t know who the bears can reasonably pursue. but I can see some kind of 3 team trade where bears get darnold, jets get Watson and Texans get 2nd pick and some bears and jets picks.

or falcons dump ryan in a rebuild after drafting fields or Wilson 

Darnold is much better than Mitch and coach nags can probably coach him up better than Gase. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Whiting89 said:

 

Darnold is much better than Mitch and coach nags can probably coach him up better than Gase. 

Please, tell me you actually do not believe this statement?    They BOTH are brutal QB development 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the fact that both Pace and Nagy are still here means they are all in on Trubisky... for one more season. If that’s the case, please, please, pretty please address the offensive line issues.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Rodgers is likely to stay put. I am a bigger fan of Mark Murphy after this quote:
"We're not idiots. Aaron Rodgers will be back. He's our leader,"

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2928415-packers-mark-murphy-says-aaron-rodgers-will-return-in-2021-were-not-idiots.amp.html?fbclid=IwAR3LSpSw-hRGTMJaA8q-0vcHA_p2gVxuSLWU_kdN7rXfnAjS-5_dvfLIPZU

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Bobref said:

I think the fact that both Pace and Nagy are still here means they are all in on Trubisky... for one more season. If that’s the case, please, please, pretty please address the offensive line issues.

Wait, they played well..  oh wait, that was against Houston, Jacksonville and Minnesota....  oopsie 

Not sure all the contract situations, is Tribusky able to Franchised?   Would hate that move.   I thought he could walk as a FA.    Based on the post season presses, I would be shocked if they brough Mitch back even on a 1 year deal 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/mitchell-trubisky-21743/#:~:text=Mitchell Trubisky signed a 4,carrying a cap hit of .

Declined 5th year, I remember that, so he is UFA 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/25/2021 at 9:17 PM, Irishman said:

Rodgers said in his post game interviews that his future in Green Bay was uncertain. 

It bugs me in a couple of ways. One, the front office should do everything it can to keep him. You are one of the few favorites to win it all next year. If the call is Rodgers; I cannot think of a better situation for him. There is not a receiver, in my mind, better than Adams. You have one of THE best offensive lines in the league.....if they are healthy. Sure there are things that can be fixed, but the pieces are definitely in place. Going somewhere else means starting over; new playbook, new teammates and coaches.......just don't think he would be as successful any where else. 

Plus, the Packers should be able to walk away with their division, which puts them right back into the bid for a 1st round bye and home field advantage. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/26/2021 at 6:10 PM, Bobref said:

I think the fact that both Pace and Nagy are still here means they are all in on Trubisky... for one more season. If that’s the case, please, please, pretty please address the offensive line issues.

You think? I disagree. I have the uneasy feeling they’ll try riding Foles for one season to groom his replacement. Or, they get someone via trade. I would be shocked if Mitch even gets a franchise tag. 
 

IF Watson would agree to the trade, would he be worth what Houston wants? A poll of execs said the asking price would start with 3 1st round picks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2021 at 10:26 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

Wait, they played well..  oh wait, that was against Houston, Jacksonville and Minnesota....  oopsie 

Not sure all the contract situations, is Tribusky able to Franchised?   Would hate that move.   I thought he could walk as a FA.    Based on the post season presses, I would be shocked if they brough Mitch back even on a 1 year deal 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/chicago-bears/mitchell-trubisky-21743/#:~:text=Mitchell Trubisky signed a 4,carrying a cap hit of .

Declined 5th year, I remember that, so he is UFA 

And what do you think the market is for a FA Mitch? Nobody likes him as much as Pace and Nagy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobref said:

And what do you think the market is for a FA Mitch? Nobody likes him as much as Pace and Nagy.

Bob.  What part of "me and you" do you not understand?  LOL.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Boilernation said:

I have the uneasy feeling they’ll try riding Foles for one season to groom his replacement.

I guess they didn’t come close enough to getting fired this season. That will surely do the trick.  
 

The current franchise tag for QBs is about $27 million. You can get 3 competent offensive linemen, and have some change left over from that.   The thought of paying that to Mitch makes me throw up in my mouth.

Edited by Bobref
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, $27M. I just can't see that happening. I'm sure Nagy has been reminding Pace on a daily basis that he can't work with Mitch again. Which begs the question, what exactly is the plan. Phillips and George dodged any questions in the presser regarding their committment to Nagy/Pace. Whether they ride with Foles for a season or throw out a rookie QB, the outlook doesn't look good for next season. Have Ted and George committed to giving them at least 2 or 3 seasons to turn it around? If it's a 1 season chance to turn it around they should have just fired them now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bobref said:

And what do you think the market is for a FA Mitch? Nobody likes him as much as Pace and Nagy.

I think a team will see the Bears for what they are, a laughing stock of an organization and will give Mitch a chance with proper coaching and development which he has yet to have. 

I think the Ryan Tannehill story comes to mind.   Hot mess in Miami, got a 2nd chance with Tennesee and parlayed that into a great contract and a winning QB

Sadly, I can see bears finding their way to Marcus Miarrota 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I think a team will see the Bears for what they are, a laughing stock of an organization and will give Mitch a chance with proper coaching and development which he has yet to have. 

I think the Ryan Tannehill story comes to mind.   Hot mess in Miami, got a 2nd chance with Tennesee and parlayed that into a great contract and a winning QB

Sadly, I can see bears finding their way to Marcus Miarrota 

BINGO! I'm dreaming of Watson, the reality is Marcus Mariotta. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

PLEASE HOUSTON

 

Do the right thing.   Have him SHOW UP, if he doesn't, then follow through with weekly/daily fines.   

DO NOT GIVE IN:   if you do, NFL is one stop closer to the NBA   GROSS

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

PLEASE HOUSTON

 

Do the right thing.   Have him SHOW UP, if he doesn't, then follow through with weekly/daily fines.   

DO NOT GIVE IN:   if you do, NFL is one stop closer to the NBA   GROSS

Too late dude. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Colts had free coaching clinic 2 years ago for HS coaches,  he spoke there about the same thing, his system, he was clearly better discussing that then then there, but I understand bc of being in that room what he was trying to say.   He groups his pass game concepts into groups of fish and animals, which helps the players remember and play faster,    didn't quite articulate that yesterday. lol 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Irishman said:

Well, this should get Eagles fans excited lol

https://twitter.com/adamlefkoe/status/1355234085870956553?s=21

PLEASE UNDERSTAND, I am having FUN w this comment. Nothing more. Nothing less. 

*Sad I had to type that disclaimer but oh well  

He is the Joe Robinette Biden of NFL HC pressers. 

Donald John Trump was the Rex Ryan of NFL HC pressers.  

Now back to your regular scheduled NFL post season commentary. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...