Jump to content

2021 Packers


Irishman
 Share

Recommended Posts

Now that the Rodgers situation is settled; let's move on to the team. I cannot say enough how happy I am that Randall Cobb is back. 

Losing Corey Lindsley was a big loss, but I like the pick up today. 
Curious to see what is done defensively. 

210729-kelly-dennis-signed-2560

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Got to watch the game against the Texans. If you have an android box or amazon firestick, download the BeastTV app. There is a subscription fee, but it is not even as much as one month of cable for most people. But you get local channels from all around the country. 

Jordan Love looked good. During an in game interview Rodgers said what you look for is footwork. Love adjusts well in the pocket, and he throws a great ball on target. 

Great to see so may people in Lambeau tonight....72,000. The battle for the number 3 back will be interesting to see play out. While a number of starters did not dress, they struggled to run the ball, and could not stop the run. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

EC009570-4BDB-4A18-9B8C-DC3DEBB6E9B0.png

Not horrible looking, but it does look a LOT like an Oregon uniform. I am a huge fan of the white jersey/white pants combo from the last couple seasons. The green pants here might look cool with the white jersey though. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disdain 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, DE said:

Thoughts?

Cash grab by organization.

No doubt, but this team is one the top teams as far as sales of team merch goes. But all teams do something along these lines. The absolute worst was the Bucs (all red) and the Rams (all yellow) a few years ago. I got a headache watching that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Irishman said:

No doubt, but this team is one the top teams as far as sales of team merch goes. But all teams do something along these lines. The absolute worst was the Bucs (all red) and the Rams (all yellow) a few years ago. I got a headache watching that. 

Absolutely.

Like the ATROCIOUS Cubs Friday Home game uniforms.  All navy!

I am 100% with you on GB's all white uniforms.  Best in league, when used.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DE said:

Absolutely.

Like the ATROCIOUS Cubs Friday Home game uniforms.  All navy!

I am 100% with you on GB's all white uniforms.  Best in league, when used.

yep...HATE the Cubs unis....don't even like the "Wrigleyville" on them. North Siders would have been cool, but better colors. They look too much like the Titans colors

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

yep...HATE the Cubs unis....don't even like the "Wrigleyville" on them. North Siders would have been cool, but better colors. They look too much like the Titans colors

+1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unis, unis, unis....

D

Actually Iike them both.  As a former Wrigleyville resident, I think it's great they're (or is it Nike🙂) honor the community.  As for the Pack, although Dartmouth (Hunter) green is my favorite color, their colors were more of a Kelly green under the days of Curly Lambeau.  Sure, they may be mistaken for one of Oregon 's quadrillion alternate jerseys, though.  

 

Props to Nike once more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try reading this as if Cliff Clavin is saying it lol

Actually Norm, the color green was not an official color for the Packers until Lambeau was forced out at the end of the 49 season. Being a Notre Dame grad, he borrowed the original blue and gold from there….funny how that happened; Halas did the same with Bears colors being the same and the University of Illinois; Paul Brown did the same as well, using Bowling Green’s colors. I wonder if there are others?

The Packers only on occasion wore green, again following what Notre Dame did. But yes, that green was closer to kelly green. The 50’s unis were a brighter green than what we see today. Under Lombardi, they went to a darker green, and have stayed relatively close to that since. 
on a side note, I was painting segments of my basement in team colors of my favorite teams. If you plan to do that, Sherwin Williams does the best job of matching color, by FAR. They will not hesitate to call a store in the town you are looking for, in this case, Green Bay, to ask the mixture for team colors. They are actually standard colors in the store, Goldfinch for the yellow, and hunter Green. They look fantastic on my wall. Don’t you think? 

8904DEB2-26E5-487D-B62B-1EB947A73965.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

The Packers sat 31 players today; typical for this pre season. I had been somewhat hesitant of the approach, but seeing key players dropping on other teams, I am ok with it. Add to it an additional regular season game, and wear and tear has to be a concern. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Irishman said:

The Packers sat 31 players today; typical for this pre season. I had been somewhat hesitant of the approach, but seeing key players dropping on other teams, I am ok with it. Add to it an additional regular season game, and wear and tear has to be a concern. 

R-E-L-A-X

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/29/2021 at 6:04 PM, Irishman said:

Now that the Rodgers situation is settled; let's move on to the team. I cannot say enough how happy I am that Randall Cobb is back. 

Losing Corey Lindsley was a big loss, but I like the pick up today. 
Curious to see what is done defensively. 

210729-kelly-dennis-signed-2560

Purdue grad.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2021 at 7:04 PM, Irishman said:

The Packers sat 31 players today; typical for this pre season. I had been somewhat hesitant of the approach, but seeing key players dropping on other teams, I am ok with it. Add to it an additional regular season game, and wear and tear has to be a concern. 

One game, but bringing this up again. So many mistakes, bad penalties, misaligned...things you do not expect to see........these are the kinks you work out in pre season games. No one played well in this one. 

The questions surrounding the impact of the Rodgers drama and the impact on the team will certainly come up in the days to come. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

One game, but bringing this up again. So many mistakes, bad penalties, misaligned...things you do not expect to see........these are the kinks you work out in pre season games. No one played well in this one. 

The questions surrounding the impact of the Rodgers drama and the impact on the team will certainly come up in the days to come. 

The Pack plays the Lions next week, the ship will be righted.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

Was Stafford ever a thorn in the Bears side in Detroit?  Honestly asking.

Not really, but Mr. Stafford won his share of games against the Bears during his era in Detroit:  https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/chicago-bears/teamvsteam?opp=11

Definitely not the thorn in the Bears side Mr. Rodgers has been over the years.

 

 

Edited by Muda69
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...