Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Tokyo Olympics

Irishman

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

I believe his family is from the Hammond. IN area before moving to MN. 

I didn't know that.  I talked to a old pal that live in the St. Paul area.  He mentioned Gable lives in the Apple Valley, MN area which is tremendous for wrestling.  

• Like 1

Molly Seidel, a University of Notre Dame graduate, becomes just the 3rd American woman to earn a medal in the Women’s Marathon under extreme conditions…..temperatures on the course were over 100 degrees, with humidity at 86%. 

image.thumb.jpeg.544a8a0536cfa853bc0b9bbf40884538.jpeg

• Like 2

Paul Chelimo puts a tremendous effort into winning the bronze in the 5,000 meter race. I have always known there is contact between runners in these distance races, but this race had a LOT of contact. Chelimo was actually pushed off the track for a few steps before recovering. 
image.png.b40d87c9f9bd39e7cf6217c1e9092261.png

3 hours ago, Irishman said:

Molly Seidel, a University of Notre Dame graduate, becomes just the 3rd American woman to earn a medal in the Women’s Marathon under extreme conditions…..temperatures on the course were over 100 degrees, with humidity at 86%. 

image.thumb.jpeg.544a8a0536cfa853bc0b9bbf40884538.jpeg

Her 3rd ever marathon race, not too bad!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Irishman said:

https://gophersports.com/sports/wrestling/roster/bobby-steveson/17922 It says he has one State title in Indiana. Looking that up now

OK...so according to Indiana Mat he was at Merrillville. 

This is brother Bobby, who wrestled 1 or 2 years at Merrillville before the family moved to Minnesota. Gable is a monster, very awesome performance!

• Like 1

Hocker (Cathedral) update:  20 year old runs an incredible race in which h the top 6 broke the previous Olympic record (1500 meters).  Hocker finishes 6th.

3:31.40...converts to a 3:47 mile.

The winner (from Norway) is 8 months older than Cole.

Could be an incredible rivalry to watch over the next decade.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, temptation said:

Hocker (Cathedral) update:  20 year old runs an incredible race in which h the top 6 broke the previous Olympic record (1500 meters).  Hocker finishes 6th.

3:31.40...converts to a 3:47 mile.

Awesome.

Raise your hand if you don't even like DRIVING a mile, let alone damn near sprinting one.

*raises both hands*

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

This team had suffered a few key injuries throughout these Olympics….great to see them win gild.

C875B565-CCB7-4274-802D-BAD2609527C9.jpeg

My son played MS volleyball in 7th and 8th grades.  Up to that point, I never really watched the sport.  I watched his teams, began to really enjoy it (so much so that I got licensed by the IHSAA to officiate HS VB) and now, anytime the sport is on (men or women) I tune in.  

Congrats ladies!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DE said:

My son played MS volleyball in 7th and 8th grades.  Up to that point, I never really watched the sport.  I watched his teams, began to really enjoy it (so much so that I got licensed by the IHSAA to officiate HS VB) and now, anytime the sport is on (men or women) I tune in.  

Congrats ladies!

I never followed the game, but in college at IUPUI (the oldest school of Physical Education in the Country), I took a course in it to really learn how to teach it. The instructor was Walt Leinert (the 1952 US Men’s Olympic Gymnastics Coach). He was THE best at breaking skills down into segments. It was a game I picked up quickly. I played a lot of intramural ball throughout my college days, and have enjoyed the game since then. 

10 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I never followed the game, but in college at IUPUI (the oldest school of Physical Education in the Country), I took a course in it to really learn how to teach it. The instructor was Walt Leinert (the 1952 US Men’s Olympic Gymnastics Coach). He was THE best at breaking skills down into segments. It was a game I picked up quickly. I played a lot of intramural ball throughout my college days, and have enjoyed the game since then. 

+1