Jump to content
  • Current Donation Goals

    • Raised $3,162.05 of $3,600 target

NLC - 2022


Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Throwing some content out there - I for one am excited with the new rotating NLC schedule that goes into effect this season. It will definitely be different not starting the conference season against Plymouth and ending with Concord (for the Tigers), but I like the changes of shifting conference opponents throughout the seasons. I think it was great that the NLC also made sure none of the 4A schools were playing each other to end the season, preventing the possibility of back-to-back weeks of facing the same opponent the last week of the regular season then first round of sectionals.

This year's schedule will be replicated in 2023 before the next shift. Final week opponents are in place for the foreseeable future.

NLC11.png.31e1c14c4aa0b79caf3c086086c66005.png

NLC22.png.61d5faa4aa5f09dae6edc0e3b950bf30.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@NLCTigerFan07 I do enjoy the rotating schedule.  It’s great for the teams that play Mishawaka and Warsaw early.  I know injuries from Bart and kidder ball can pile up on a team.  Early on can give some team chances to heal up.  My opinion of course.  But that offense can make a teams life a living hell.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Channel 46 WHME football schedule has come out for this upcoming season. Weeks 6-9 are TBD. NLC teams being featured are bolded below

Aug. 19 - Mishawaka at Marian
Aug. 25 - Watervliet at Brandywine (MI)
Aug. 26 - Northridge at Elkhart
Sept. 1 - Buchanan at Niles (MI)
Sept. 2 - Concord at NorthWood
Sept. 9 - Jimtown at John Glenn
Sept. 16 - Penn at Elkhart

Some possible NLC matchups in weeks 6-9 that could be featured in my opinion:

Sept. 23 - Mishawaka at Warsaw / Goshen at Concord

Sept. 30 - NorthWood at Mishawaka / Concord at Northridge

Oct. 7 - Mishawaka at Concord / Goshen at Warsaw

Oct. 14 - Warsaw at Northridge

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

The Channel 46 WHME football schedule has come out for this upcoming season. Weeks 6-9 are TBD. NLC teams being featured are bolded below

Aug. 19 - Mishawaka at Marian
Aug. 25 - Watervliet at Brandywine (MI)
Aug. 26 - Northridge at Elkhart
Sept. 1 - Buchanan at Niles (MI)
Sept. 2 - Concord at NorthWood
Sept. 9 - Jimtown at John Glenn
Sept. 16 - Penn at Elkhart

Some possible NLC matchups in weeks 6-9 that could be featured in my opinion:

Sept. 23 - Mishawaka at Warsaw / Goshen at Concord

Sept. 30 - NorthWood at Mishawaka / Concord at Northridge

Oct. 7 - Mishawaka at Concord / Goshen at Warsaw

Oct. 14 - Warsaw at Northridge

Mishawaka has 3 tough weeks at the end of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2022 at 8:01 PM, BL said:

I’m a huge fan of the NLC.  I believe there are lot of great teams in this conference.  They all have the tools to compete year in and out for 4a ship. 
 

Warsaw-Hands down will run this conference this year.  Bart ball is always overwhelming and can bite you.  It’s effective and they just get it done plain and simple. Hate the offense, but it will get them to state.  

Concord- Defending champs.  They had all the kids in the right spots and had a great team connection.  It showed with there play.  Love that coach there.  He gets those dudes to play.  They will be right at the top and be a force within conference.  One thing is concord always has a surprise.  Count on it.  
 

Plymouth- New coach. I really don’t have much to say.  John Barron was a great coach.  But the wheels fell off.  Change is good, and I hope Plymouth can get back to being a force.

 

Wawasee- They seem to have a lot of issues from numbers.  Kids just not wanting to go out.  A complete overall of wawasee might be needed.  That team was very competitive a distant memory ago. Hope they find there identity again.

 

Northwood- They have everything in place to run the table this year. They are my pick for 4a north.  They have the offense weapons.  That defense will be a force with Evers leading the way.  Team to watch from the north.  
 

Mishawaka- With Fishers departing people may think back to rebuilding and his brother is a year away.  Everyone knows that offense can strike at any point!  Then your chasing your tail.  They will be right at the top.  They will compete, because his brother is very on top that offense.  Watch out.  
 

Northridge- Great run last year by this team.  Wogoman built Northridge into a power and the kids knew the standard at Northridge.  Everything was in place for them to peak. What can you say, it was a historic run.  Can they do it again?.  I think they can.  They can be right at the top for a conference championship  and compete in that tough sectional.  Eppley will have them ready.  Rumor mill was Gott moved for family reasons. Top 25 player in state. That hurts from a QB level. QB coach has his work cut out for him.   


Goshen- Wogoman era begins.  What he built at Northridge with the culture and players beginning to believe they can compete.  Goshen is in great hands.  I think these kids were thirsty for a change.  Watching a few games last year, they have some kids that got the edge. Senior class to be has some guys that got that football mentality they will compete!  No doubt.   I hope Goshen gets back to being Goshen.   
 

 

 

Where did he go?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2022 at 8:01 PM, BL said:

Northridge-  Rumor mill was Gott moved for family reasons. Top 25 player in state. That hurts from a QB level. QB coach has his work cut out for him. 

Wow I had not heard that about Gott and apparently completely read over it when reviewing your post previously. Wasn't he included on the cover of the magazine this year? So it had to be a recent move, yeah?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Wow I had not heard that about Gott and apparently completely read over it when reviewing your post previously. Wasn't he included on the cover of the magazine this year? So it had to be a recent move, yeah?

where did he move to?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m friends with a few parents of current players.  He indeed moved to Michigan that’s the latest on Tagg.  Family reasons.  Not sure about the school he is attending.  One rumor was schoolcraft.  

@NLCTigerFan07 this is at @BL I’m really unsure why it’s now BD. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any news on NLC teams? Warsaw just finished their "Dawn Patrol" week. Every day this week, early in the morning, the Tigers meet at various parks throughout the city and do various workouts/physical tests. Stuff like flipping tires, running hills, bear crawls, wheelbarrow carries, etc. One day they even trained with fire fighting equipment.

Tomorrow they head to Manchester University as part of the TMT (Triple - Midline - Toss) Option Camp. There are a handful of teams that come every year. I think this year Fairfield, Munster, Northfield and a team from Illinois and a team from Canada will be there.

What are the other NLC schools up to?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2022 at 10:55 AM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Any news on NLC teams? Warsaw just finished their "Dawn Patrol" week. Every day this week, early in the morning, the Tigers meet at various parks throughout the city and do various workouts/physical tests. Stuff like flipping tires, running hills, bear crawls, wheelbarrow carries, etc. One day they even trained with fire fighting equipment.

Tomorrow they head to Manchester University as part of the TMT (Triple - Midline - Toss) Option Camp. There are a handful of teams that come every year. I think this year Fairfield, Munster, Northfield and a team from Illinois and a team from Canada will be there.

What are the other NLC schools up to?

Goshen is looking for warm bodies

Plymouth is out water skiing

Concord is looking for a new reason to hate Elkhart

Northridge "Gott" to find some new talent

Northwood laying low , as always

Wawasee trying to convince itself it belongs.

Mishawaka missing its old NIC fraternity

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anyone with actual insights into their NLC programs? No offense to the self-appointed head honcho above (driving views, creating content, promoting Indiana high school football blah blah blah I know, I get it), but was looking for legitimate updates as opposed to opinion based comments

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2022 at 12:22 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Anyone with actual insights into their NLC programs? No offense to the self-appointed head honcho above (driving views, creating content, promoting Indiana high school football blah blah blah I know, I get it), but was looking for legitimate updates as opposed to opinion based commentsI

I think Mishawaka scrimmages Elkhart this year that should be very interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

As a parent of a former player at Northridge.  I’m really curious if schools are taking the the proper actions on athletes and vaping.  Are there other schools having these same issues?  I really don’t think it’s just vaping.  But I’m hearing Northridge football players have been caught with a Dabpen. (marijuana).  Just curious where the stand is on schools catching athletes?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BD said:

As a parent of a former player at Northridge.  I’m really curious if schools are taking the the proper actions on athletes and vaping.  Are there other schools having these same issues?  I really don’t think it’s just vaping.  But I’m hearing Northridge football players have been caught with a Dabpen. (marijuana).  Just curious where the stand is on schools catching athletes?  

From what I know of fwcs...until an athlete signs a "code of conduct" policy they can not be held liable for any unethical/illegal acts unless the school board decides otherwise. Kids will be kids yet athletes are usually held to a higher standard as representatives of their schools and communities...varsity blues anyone??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BD said:

As a parent of a former player at Northridge.  I’m really curious if schools are taking the the proper actions on athletes and vaping.  Are there other schools having these same issues?  I really don’t think it’s just vaping.  But I’m hearing Northridge football players have been caught with a Dabpen. (marijuana).  Just curious where the stand is on schools catching athletes?  

What upsets me the most is not understanding that 'kids' are KIDS.  We have all done idiotic things at 15-17....IMO, unless those things are felonious or injurious to others.....perhaps we should look upon it as 'stupid behavior".

Is vaping weed really an issue that should be looked upon as a injurious situation?  Honestly, most of us just loaded a bong or twisted up a "fatty" back in the day.  Is it ok?  Perhaps not.  But should it be a career defining moment? 

IMO, no!  It is a learning situation, and a teaching moment.  

 

Then again, I am a LIBERAL at heart.....And dammed proud of it! 

Edited by Yuccaguy
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2022 at 10:57 PM, Yuccaguy said:

What upsets me the most is not understanding that 'kids' are KIDS.  We have all done idiotic things at 15-17....IMO, unless those things are felonious or injurious to others.....perhaps we should look upon it as 'stupid behavior".

Is vaping weed really an issue that should be looked upon as a injurious situation?  Honestly, most of us just loaded a bong or twisted up a "fatty" back in the day.  Is it ok?  Perhaps not.  But should it be a career defining moment? 

IMO, no!  It is a learning situation, and a teaching moment.  

 

Then again, I am a LIBERAL at heart.....And dammed proud of it! 

Sure you can have your opinion.  I won’t comment on the liberal part.  It wouldn’t be a great day for you lol.  
 

Kids will be kids, and that’s part of growing up.  If your a athlete you held to a higher standard,  because again it’s about a Team! Not “I”.  Don’t play sports is my direction.  You want to ruin what you work for during the summer, and during the season. Great Take a different direction.  You have the greatest four years of your life in front of you. It goes fast as we all know.  Not saying kids should be suspended a whole season.  But maybe a ego check is required.  You get caught that’s on you, and your selfishness.   

  • Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1
  • Kill me now 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, BD said:

Sure you can have your opinion.  I won’t comment on the liberal part.  It wouldn’t be a great day for you lol.  
 

Kids will be kids, and that’s part of growing up.  If your a athlete you held to a higher standard,  because again it’s about a Team! Not “I”.  Don’t play sports is my direction.  You want to ruin what you work for during the summer, and during the season. Great Take a different direction.  You have the greatest four years of your life in front of you. It goes fast as we all know.  Not saying kids should be suspended a whole season.  But maybe a ego check is required.  You get caught that’s on you, and your selfishness.   

Not so sure that I agree with the "zero tolerance" that you espouse in this regard.....Especially when I catch HELL from fans/coaches and the like when I toss "little Johnny" out of a game for unsporting behavior.  Then all of a sudden those that say they are NOT LIBERAL, somehow want a do over....  kinda shady IMO.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

All quiet in the NLC... it's a shame we do not have more posters here. I feel like back in the day we had quite a few from Plymouth and NorthWood, and Concord, Wawasee and Goshen posters have all but disappeared.

Who scrimmages who this upcoming week?

Warsaw is scrimmaging Fort Wayne North Side, and I believe I saw Mishawaka scrimmages Elkhart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

All quiet in the NLC... it's a shame we do not have more posters here. I feel like back in the day we had quite a few from Plymouth and NorthWood, and Concord, Wawasee and Goshen posters have all but disappeared.

Who scrimmages who this upcoming week?

Warsaw is scrimmaging Fort Wayne North Side, and I believe I saw Mishawaka scrimmages Elkhart.

 

 

 

I believe Northridge is at Laporte.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

All quiet in the NLC... it's a shame we do not have more posters here. I feel like back in the day we had quite a few from Plymouth and NorthWood, and Concord, Wawasee and Goshen posters have all but disappeared.

Who scrimmages who this upcoming week?

Warsaw is scrimmaging Fort Wayne North Side, and I believe I saw Mishawaka scrimmages Elkhart.

Typical for this thread.  SF existed and contributed to this board dating all the way back to 2005 when NR's FB program was basically nothing more than a PE class after school with Coach Kirkton.  It wasn't until Wogomon showed up in 2013 NR had more than 1  winning season in more than a decade or 2, so I'm glad to see that change.  Raiders are (and should be) a top team in NLC football just like nearly every other sport.  SF just doesn't have kids at NR anymore and my connections to the teams are not what they used to be so I contribute very little.

Bu SF always enjoys popping in catching up!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, swordfish said:

Bu SF always enjoys popping in catching up!

Always love a good Swordfish sighting! I remember the days when you contributed heavily to the NLC threads. And old Houndstooth Hat who was a Wawasee backer I believe. A few others specific to Plymouth and NorthWood that always added to the conversations as well.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For scrimmages, looks like:

Warsaw hosts Fort Wayne Northside
Mishawaka lines up against Elkhart
Wawasee goes up against Mishawaka Marian
Concord goes up against SB St Joseph
Goshen is a part of a jamboree (miss those!) against Jimtown, Bremen and Fairfield.

Who does Plymouth, Northridge and NorthWood scrimmage against?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...