Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

1 minute ago, Bobref said:

OK, now.

Freeman has done something in his 10th game that Kelly failed to do his entire tenure: beat a good team … that they weren’t supposed to beat.

Define good team? The Clemson team Kelly beat 2 years ago was a hell of a lot better than the Clemson team on the field tonight. Clemson comically overrated.

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

OK, now.

Freeman has done something in his 10th game that Kelly failed to do his entire tenure: beat a good team … that they weren’t supposed to beat.

@temptation You’re welcome!

In Kelly's defense, this Clemson team isn't as good as the Clemson team Kelly beat a few years ago.

Just now, Footballking16 said:

Define good team? The Clemson team Kelly beat 2 years ago was a hell of a lot better than the Clemson team on the field tonight. Clemson comically overrated.

That team was missing it’s starting QB. Guy named Trevor Lawrence.

And Clemson may not be the #4 team in the country. But they are top 10, and that’s “good” by any measuring stick.

Just now, Bobref said:

That team was missing it’s starting QB. Guy named Trevor Lawrence.

And Clemson may not be the #4 team in the country. But they are top 10, and that’s “good” by any measuring stick.

Notre Dame was a bigger underdog in 2020 than they were tonight, Lawrence or no Lawrence. 

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Notre Dame was a bigger underdog in 2020 than they were tonight, Lawrence or no Lawrence. 

People can say what they want about Kelly. He turned Notre Dame around and left them in a really good place. 

• Like 1

First time all season the Irish played 4 quarters of football. Al Golden and Tommy Rees deserve a ton of credit; but the offensive line and the tackling by the defense really stood out to me. I can’t believe how dominant they were for the entire game. I did not see that coming. 
now which team will show up to play navy and BC before playing USC? Be quite an accomplishment to get to 10 wins after the start of the season. 

10 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Kelly is a phenomenal coach, in OT with Bama currently. He’ll win a national title there.

Anyone catch that the two point play BK used vs FSU back in 2014? No pick called last night in Death Valley

• Like 1

How is Clemson ranked ahead of Notre Dame? Did Clemson just have a bad game last night? If they played again on a neutral field would the outcome be different? What I witnessed last night was total domination. Notre Dame beats Clemson on any field on any day at any time. 

12 minutes ago, temptation said:

But narratives matter in college football…don’t deny that.

Not to me. I am a follower of the Parcellian School of Football Logic: You are what your record says you are.

Edited by Bobref

8 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Not to me. I am a follower of the Parcellian School of Football Logic: You are what your record says you are.

When you leave the postseason invitations up to a committee, logic is often thrown out the window.

Narratives and style points, along with money supersede logic.

By your logic, Coastal Carolina and Liberty and Tulane are better than Alabama, Utah and LSU.

Edited by temptation