Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Notre Dame 2022

WolvesOnTheProwl

3 hours ago, BTF said:

How is Clemson ranked ahead of Notre Dame? Did Clemson just have a bad game last night? If they played again on a neutral field would the outcome be different? What I witnessed last night was total domination. Notre Dame beats Clemson on any field on any day at any time. 

Because an unranked team with home losses to Marshall and Stanford isn’t going to jump all the way up to #12. Just not how the AP poll works this late in the season. 

In regards to Clemson, this type of loss has been building all year. They’ve been rather unimpressive all year and their initial #4 ranking in the CFP was on name brand alone. Offense is a mess and they’re getting average QB play at best. They severely lack playmakers out on the perimeter.

• Like 2
  • Kill me now 1

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

The Irish kicked the Tiger's behinds.  Nuff said!

Peaking at the right time for sure.  Gonna be the ultimate "what if" season for Notre Dame it looks like.

Self-proclaimed hater right here but can admit they are 3-4 plays away from being 8-1.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Because an unranked team with home losses to Marshall and Stanford isn’t going to jump all the way up to #12. Just not how the AP poll works this late in the season. 

In regards to Clemson, this type of loss has been building all year. They’ve been rather unimpressive all year and their initial #4 ranking in the CFP was on name brand alone. Offense is a mess and they’re getting average QB play at best. They severely lack playmakers out on the perimeter.

Ran out of likes. Agree with all. 

The Notre Dame win was impressive, but I really don't think Clemson is Top 10 team. Looking at their overall body of work, this team isn't on the same level as the Dabo teams from 2015-2020. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Peaking at the right time for sure.  Gonna be the ultimate "what if" season for Notre Dame it looks like.

Self-proclaimed hater right here but can admit they are 3-4 plays away from being 8-1.

Offensive line is night and day from the beginning of the season. Give credit to Harry for that. I think that's the biggest difference in the team that beat Clemson vs the team that lost to Marshall. 

• Like 2

On 11/6/2022 at 7:21 PM, Footballking16 said:

I'm shocked by how much QB DJ Uiagalelei has regressed. He played so well for an injured Trevor Lawrence back in 2020 but he has not been good since that game it seems. I was also surprised by how little he ran the ball against ND. Not sure if he's hurt or dealing with an injury that prevents him from running. I would agree that Clemson wasn't the #4 team, but they have an awful lot of talent and you can't take away what the Irish were able to do (which makes it more maddening they couldn't so this vs Stanford). 

12 minutes ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

I'm shocked by how much QB DJ Uiagalelei has regressed. He played so well for an injured Trevor Lawrence back in 2020 but he has not been good since that game it seems. I was also surprised by how little he ran the ball against ND. Not sure if he's hurt or dealing with an injury that prevents him from running. I would agree that Clemson wasn't the #4 team, but they have an awful lot of talent and you can't take away what the Irish were able to do (which makes it more maddening they couldn't so this vs Stanford). 

When you have a RB in Travis Etienne and guys like Armani Rodgers and Justyn Ross out on the perimeter it makes life easier for any QB. As shocking as DJ's regression has been, I wasn't wowed with any of Clemson's skill position players. There's no Tee Higgins or Hunter Renfrow or Deon Cain on this years roster. And I think it's fair to say that Dabo needs coordinators Tony Elliott and Brent Venables a lot more than people went to lead on. No doubt Dabo is one hell of a program builder, but he was smart enough to surround himself with some of the best minds in football. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just not sure Rees is ever going to figure out that his offense is better going straight ahead instead of sideline to sideline. You have 2 yards to gain and you run a jet sweep? Come on man. Defense is making mistakes trying to be too aggressive. The SC QB is running all over the place. In all the scramble drills you run as a defense, I have never seen a corner leave his receiver, especially in man coverage, to try to get a qb. 

52 minutes ago, Whiting89 said:

Pretty embarrassing that your starting qb going to transfer portal more proof ND isn’t a top tier program

Actually, just a reflection of the times. Pyne knew he wasn’t going to be the starter in the Spring, when Buchner had recovered from his shoulder surgery. So, why risk his value to another program by participating in the bowl game, where he might get injured.

36 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Actually, just a reflection of the times. Pyne knew he wasn’t going to be the starter in the Spring, when Buchner had recovered from his shoulder surgery. So, why risk his value to another program by participating in the bowl game, where he might get injured.

Oh makes sense I’m a fair weather nd watcher I thought Pyne was deemed the better qb over Buchner. But that makes sense 

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

I think what may have stayed under the radar is the relationship between Pyne and Rees. There is one very notable incident where Rees chews him out, but many other times, I thought it was obvious that Rees was frustrated with Pyne's play. 

Just now, Irishman said:

I think what may have stayed under the radar is the relationship between Pyne and Rees. There is one very notable incident where Rees chews him out, but many other times, I thought it was obvious that Rees was frustrated with Pyne's play. 

Heard today that Buchner was QB1 in the first 2 practices this week, to Pyne’s very obvious dissatisfaction.

• Like 1