Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2022

11 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

My argument is consistent on this

the top teams in each conference each year are not that far off and depending on the year, it could be that a PAC team is the best team or it could be a SIAC team 

The argument used to be that the SIAC was better than both the PAC and BIG 8….and the BIG 8 always claimed they were better than the PAC too 

post merger and the only big 8 school making a major impact is Jasper….and they are a combined 16-2 in conference play after 2 years and swept the SIAC last year. 

The gap isn’t that big between the two

I look at it more from a bottom up than a top down perspective.

Bosse, Harrison and Vincennes vs the small PAC minus Southridge.  The SIAC schools would likely dominate.  

12 minutes ago, DT said:

I look at it more from a bottom up than a top down perspective.

Bosse, Harrison and Vincennes vs the small PAC minus Southridge.  The SIAC schools would likely dominate.  

That’s a really dumb way to look at it lol  

sorry not sorry 

“lemme judge and compare 2 conferences by comparing the worst teams who will combine for 15 wins between the 6 of them…..and completely disregard the top of each conference despite the fact that the PAC and SIAC have combined for 6 title appearances and 4 state titles in the last 5 years” 

COME ON MAN 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

That’s a really dumb way to look at it lol  

sorry not sorry 

“lemme judge and compare 2 conferences by comparing the worst teams who will combine for 15 wins between the 6 of them…..and completely disregard the top of each conference despite the fact that the PAC and SIAC have combined for 6 title appearances and 4 state titles in the last 5 years” 

COME ON MAN 

What Im suggesting is that the top ends of both conferences are both strong.  The weakness at the bottom end of the PAC gives the overall edge to the SIAC.  Arguing over which of the top 2 or 3 in each conference is the best is an endless and unwinnable discussion.  

2 minutes ago, DT said:

What Im suggesting is that the top ends of both conferences are both strong.  The weakness at the bottom end of the PAC gives the overall edge to the SIAC.  Arguing over which of the top 2 or 3 in each conference is the best is an endless and unwinnable discussion.  

But it really doesn’t matter 

Nobody cares if Rutgers/Maryland beats the bottom of the SEC.  All that matters is the top.

if I was a Memorial or Mater Dei fan I surely would not accept comparing the the two conferences by what the worst teams do and completely ignore their accomplishments 

5 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

But it really doesn’t matter 

Nobody cares if Rutgers/Maryland beats the bottom of the SEC.  All that matters is the top.

if I was a Memorial or Mater Dei fan I surely would not accept comparing the the two conferences by what the worst teams do and completely ignore their accomplishments 

I agree with DT that its an endless, unwinnable argument, but it does pass the time...

Over the last few years, GS would clearly have been in the discussion for an SIAC title. Who else from the PAC? 

1 hour ago, tango said:

I agree with DT that its an endless, unwinnable argument, but it does pass the time...

Over the last few years, GS would clearly have been in the discussion for an SIAC title. Who else from the PAC? 

I think heritage hills would have had their opportunities over the last decade and a few Southridge teams.  The real problem is the Lindauer/Combs era of memorial because the only team I’m putting over that 3 year span of memorial is last years GS team

But there were some really good teams over the last 10 years.  The 2014 Heritage Hills team was special…the 2017 Southridge team won the 2A.  Kinda feel like Heritage Hills would have had a few teams worth mentioning if it weren’t for Coach Hart arriving at GS.  Jasper in the big 8 at times was better than all of the SIAC/PAC schools 

Tbh…I have the opinion that memorial and Mater Dei are carrying the torch now for the SIAC.  Central had a few good squads but I think memorial still beat them…outside of that I think you would have to go back to like 2010 ish for when Reitz was a top 5 team in the state as a 4A school when it was just 1A-5A (6A came in 2013) 

17 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think heritage hills would have had their opportunities over the last decade and a few Southridge teams.  The real problem is the Lindauer/Combs era of memorial because the only team I’m putting over that 3 year span of memorial is last years GS team

But there were some really good teams over the last 10 years.  The 2014 Heritage Hills team was special…the 2017 Southridge team won the 2A.  Kinda feel like Heritage Hills would have had a few teams worth mentioning if it weren’t for Coach Hart arriving at GS.  Jasper in the big 8 at times was better than all of the SIAC/PAC schools 

Tbh…I have the opinion that memorial and Mater Dei are carrying the torch now for the SIAC.  Central had a few good squads but I think memorial still beat them…outside of that I think you would have to go back to like 2010 ish for when Reitz was a top 5 team in the state as a 4A school when it was just 1A-5A (6A came in 2013) 

Most years over the last dozen years or so the PAC will produce at least 1 team that would be in the mix for the top 3 in the SIAC.  Over that same time period the PAC always has a team better than Jasper.  

On 7/22/2022 at 3:29 PM, tango said:

Two years ago Southridge had 2 wins over Gibson Southern so if you feel GS would have been in the discussion for a SIAC title then Southridge would have been as well.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sr1 said:

Two years ago Southridge had 2 wins over Gibson Southern so if you feel GS would have been in the discussion for a SIAC title then Southridge would have been as well.

Agreed.

Any team who can beat Mater Dei or Memorial is definitely in the discussion.

it’s not even an enrollment issue…the best SIAC schools are the smallest ones and about the same enrollment or less than most of the PAC

46 minutes ago, sr1 said:

No question. And in 2017 too. It would be interesting to see 2017 SR v EM and GS v Central. 

1 hour ago, tango said:

No question. And in 2017 too. It would be interesting to see 2017 SR v EM and GS v Central. 

If 2017 central was the time where they had the evans brothers, I think it would have gone about the same.  GS simply didn’t have the speed that central had.  

but this 2024 class is arguably the fastest group of guys GS has had. 3 of the 4x100 sprinters that broke the GS school record in the event this year are on the team and they are only juniors.

I mean shoot….we actually had a return game last year haha and we almost never have that. So there is a lot of promise with this junior class as they continue to develop.  

4 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

2017 central was the time where they had the evans brothers, I think it would have gone about the same.  GS simply didn’t have the speed that central had.

Yup, all 3 of them were on the team at the same time. Tor’jon had something like 2500 rushing yards during the 2017 season since he benefited it behind Central’s behemoth of an O-line.

11 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Yup, all 3 of them were on the team at the same time. Tor’jon had something like 2500 rushing yards during the 2017 season since he benefited it behind Central’s behemoth of an O-line.

Yeah and during that stretch of time and under the old defensive scheme…GS simply couldn’t stop the run against teams who were great at it.  

Devin Mockobee running for like 450 yards and 5 TDs lives rent free in my head.  I can still see the clip that went viral where he broke like 15 tackles for a 85 yard td or something stupid.  Last year was a blessing to have a defense that could just shut down the run at will 

15 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Yeah and during that stretch of time and under the old defensive scheme…GS simply couldn’t stop the run against teams who were great at it.  

Devin Mockobee running for like 450 yards and 5 TDs lives rent free in my head.  I can still see the clip that went viral where he broke like 15 tackles for a 85 yard td or something stupid.  Last year was a blessing to have a defense that could just shut down the run at will 

I looked up that Boonville game and it looked like he broke for a 97 yard TD. Mockobee was one speedy kid his senior year. But the point still stands, while a 2017 GS/Central game would fun to see, Central’s run game that year was just straight up elite averaging like 280 rushing yards a game or something. Would’ve been pretty difficult to stop due to not a lot teams could stop them.Still amazed that East Central kept them in check during the Regional.

46 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

I looked up that Boonville game and it looked like he broke for a 97 yard TD. Mockobee was one speedy kid his senior year. But the point still stands, while a 2017 GS/Central game would fun to see, Central’s run game that year was just straight up elite averaging like 280 rushing yards a game or something. Would’ve been pretty difficult to stop due to not a lot teams could stop them.Still amazed that East Central kept them in check during the Regional.

Central imploded. The lack of discipline from the head coach on down is what beat them.

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

BTW @DT

im sure you noticed before you posted…but on the Facebook page where you shared the PAC map…..it has markers for Wood Memorial and Cannelton haha.

im sure you know it’s outdated and It was probably the only one you could find too.  But just in case

I gave it a cursory look .  The vast majority of readers have no clue of the coverage area of The PAC.  So I went with it.  Plus, I love maps.  LOL  

Edited by DT

Small division PAC, I’m hearing Southridge, Tell City, South Spencer, Princeton all expect to be better. Not in PAC, but also hear Tecumseh expects to be pretty good. Is this the common thought? Anyone I’m missing?

44 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Small division PAC, I’m hearing Southridge, Tell City, South Spencer, Princeton all expect to be better. Not in PAC, but also hear Tecumseh expects to be pretty good. Is this the common thought? Anyone I’m missing?

Princeton is large division right?  I hear numbers are down and QB quit...but that is just hearsay.  I like Coach Schnur a lot.

6 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Princeton is large division right?  I hear numbers are down and QB quit...but that is just hearsay.  I like Coach Schnur a lot.

Probably the main reason Princeton always struggles.  The students largely don’t care for football and no matter the head coach they are fighting numbers

the best years of Princeton in at least the last 20 years was when Schenk was there and had 70+ kids out for football 

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

Yep, large division. Was just thinking who I’ve heard expects to be better. Large division HH is expected to be better… anyone else? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Yep, large division. Was just thinking who I’ve heard expects to be better. Large division HH is expected to be better… anyone else? 

Mt. Vernon will tell you that they will take another step forward.