Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2022

5 hours ago, Titan32 said:

I'm just going to go ahead and say it out loud in front of everybody.

There has been quite a bit of talk, and with all this talk be better beat Mt. Vernon Friday night by 2 or 3 scores.  It is not typically our thing to come out of the gate running off at the mouth this much.  If we have the rear end to back it up, well, great....if not, just stop.  It seems every media video/article has been, as you say, the same consistent message.  

I was up close and personal for the scrimmage against Jasper Friday night, and I liked the way we looked (with a couple weaknesses), but the truth has yet to be seen.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

It is not typically our thing to come out of the gate running off at the mouth this much. 

I'm not sure I follow.  I see the usual high hopes for the season, as with every pre-season article that I can remember with pretty much every team.   Obviously, these articles mean nothing and the proof will be shown on the field.  What is the sticking point?

Edited by HereComesTheBoom

8 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

There has been quite a bit of talk, and with all this talk be better beat Mt. Vernon Friday night by 2 or 3 scores.  It is not typically our thing to come out of the gate running off at the mouth this much.  If we have the rear end to back it up, well, great....if not, just stop.  It seems every media video/article has been, as you say, the same consistent message.  

I was up close and personal for the scrimmage against Jasper Friday night, and I liked the way we looked (with a couple weaknesses), but the truth has yet to be seen.

Just make sure the film is clear for when you’re on defense lol.  Nicot Burnett has been improving.  Feel like he should already be a senior but he’s only a junior. 

my GS bias aside….I think nicot has to be a good shot at winning conference mvp this year….but…that’s usually an award for the best player on the best team…and mt Vernon certainly has to prove they are the best team first 

16 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

For the record I wasn't saying there was anything wrong with the messaging at all...just saying it has been very consistent in the media.  All that typically means is that the staff has done a good job setting expectations with the kids.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Nah they all went to memorial instead of Gibson southern this year 😂😬

Actually, Reitz is the big landing spot. Memorial and Mater Dei each only got 1 from Central. Reitz has them from Central and 1-2 others from what I hear. Bottom line is kids should be able to go wherever they want.

2 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

How did the JCats look? 

3 minutes ago, tango said:

Actually, Reitz is the big landing spot. Memorial and Mater Dei each only got 1 from Central. Reitz has them from Central and 1-2 others from what I hear. Bottom line is kids should be able to go wherever they want.

How did the JCats look? 

Oh you won’t ever hear me argue against letting kids go where they want lol.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

I'm not sure I follow.  I see the usual high hopes for the season, as with every pre-season article that I can remember with pretty much every team.   Obviously, these articles mean nothing and the proof will be shown on the field.  What is the sticking point?

"No bulletin board material" would be my guess. Idk for sure though.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HHPatriots said:

It does seem to be a consistent theme.  I always thought it was better to under promise and over deliver.  It does seem to shift the pressure to HH a bit.  In Channel 44 preview, and in the Evansville Courier preview, they specifically mentioned Mt. Vernon twice.  I know the Mt. Vernon kids are taking this as a snub.  With that being said, that is what happens when one program has been good for many years, and the other has not.   At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what happened 10 years ago, or the last two years with MV winning.  It matters who is the better team this year. 

I did think we looked good in the scrimmage against Tell City. However, Tell City ain't HH.  Speaking with the kids and coaches, there was some concern about practice not being consistent.  With this team being so young, think you could see some flashes of brilliance, and some inconsistent play as well, which is most high school teams. 

It always helps to have a kid like Nicot Burnett at QB.  Whatever happens on Friday, the MV program is in good shape for a few years to come.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

The expectation obviously must be set, but this seems to be different.  It's all good and my opinion doesn't matter....we will see where we are Friday night.

16 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Just make sure the film is clear for when you’re on defense lol.  Nicot Burnett has been improving.  Feel like he should already be a senior but he’s only a junior. 

my GS bias aside….I think nicot has to be a good shot at winning conference mvp this year….but…that’s usually an award for the best player on the best team…and mt Vernon certainly has to prove they are the best team first 

No doubt he is excellent.  I was surprised to learn his age last year.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, tango said:

How did the JCats look? 

There is quite a bit of history of between us and Jasper....there aren't too many teams that have the dislike for each other than we do.  We both hated that we had to quit playing.  The series between us is 11-10 (HH has one game on them), so they may be salty about that. 

They look like they normally do.  Impressively big, disciplined.  Talk funny.  Same ol, same ol.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Wildcat 1 said:

It does seem to be a consistent theme.  I always thought it was better to under promise and over deliver.  It does seem to shift the pressure to HH a bit.  In Channel 44 preview, and in the Evansville Courier preview, they specifically mentioned Mt. Vernon twice.  I know the Mt. Vernon kids are taking this as a snub.  With that being said, that is what happens when one program has been good for many years, and the other has not.   At the end of the day, it doesn't matter what happened 10 years ago, or the last two years with MV winning.  It matters who is the better team this year. 

I did think we looked good in the scrimmage against Tell City. However, Tell City ain't HH.  Speaking with the kids and coaches, there was some concern about practice not being consistent.  With this team being so young, think you could see some flashes of brilliance, and some inconsistent play as well, which is most high school teams. 

It always helps to have a kid like Nicot Burnett at QB.  Whatever happens on Friday, the MV program is in good shape for a few years to come.  

You said what I was trying to say, but said it better.  It puts the pressure on HH for a "must win" game.  We all know if you are going to win the PAC you can NOT have a single conference loss.  All this puts a chip on the shoulder of MV.  

Looking forward to Friday.

10 hours ago, Wildcat 1 said:

Hey do you know Reb08?  No big deal just thought you may have crossed paths.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

This brings back so many memories of beating that 2024 group (current Juniors) over the years...LOL....I KEED....I KEED!

Couple good games in middle school, it’s a good group that has worked hard in the weight room. Group behind them is good too

14 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Couple good games in middle school, it’s a good group that has worked hard in the weight room. Group behind them is good too

That group behind them turned into a one man show between 7th and 8th!

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

That group behind them turned into a one man show between 7th and 8th!

It is always nice to add an elite player to a good group. Jed stole the show at times but we ended up having 3 freshmen start varsity for us last year and will have several from that class step up this year and play major roles as sophomores. Its a talented group that works hard, will prove to be much more than a one man show.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cappy said:

It is always nice to add an elite player to a good group. Jed stole the show at times but we ended up having 3 freshmen start varsity for us last year and will have several from that class step up this year and play major roles as sophomores. Its a talented group that works hard, will prove to be much more than a one man show.  

Back to back solid groups should pay dividends in the playoffs soon.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Back to back solid groups should pay dividends in the playoffs soon.

Only two seniors this season and a lot of offensive firepower graduated, this group will have to prove they are ready for Friday night lights.

Edited by Cappy

5 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Only two seniors this season and a lot of offensive firepower graduated, this group will have to prove they are ready for Friday night lights.

Hopefully they peak around playoff time.  We will be in a similar boat.