Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

PAC 2022

12 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Both teams are on Central....both schools though an early start would be nice since both are on Fall Break.

BoonVegas's defense is pretty tough/physical (no idea what happened in the Linton game) - they could maybe pose a few problems for Gibson ...but eventually GS will figure it out and put points up. Meanwhile, I don't see Boonville's O posing many problems for that Titan D...I believe Gibson will win fairly convincingly and end another stellar regular season.

Which, if I'm doing my math correctly ...is SR the last INDIANA team to beat the Titans, and that was 2 years ago?? That's pretty remarkable. 

1 hour ago, jets said:

BoonVegas's defense is pretty tough/physical (no idea what happened in the Linton game) - they could maybe pose a few problems for Gibson ...but eventually GS will figure it out and put points up. Meanwhile, I don't see Boonville's O posing many problems for that Titan D...I believe Gibson will win fairly convincingly and end another stellar regular season.

Which, if I'm doing my math correctly ...is SR the last INDIANA team to beat the Titans, and that was 2 years ago?? That's pretty remarkable. 

That is correct.  October 30, 2020.

PAC JV Large School

HH has had quite a few hiccups and couple butt whoopins at the Varsity level

however… a bright note is the JV team is still undefeated and should win against Princeton this coming Monday barring something freakishly happening or a cancel.

several Frosh and sophs are playing varsity and not JV

makes next season hopes of doing better than what has been accomplished so far this year going into week 9. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PAC FAN said:

PAC JV Large School

HH has had quite a few hiccups and couple butt whoopins at the Varsity level

however… a bright note is the JV team is still undefeated and should win against Princeton this coming Monday barring something freakishly happening or a cancel.

several Frosh and sophs are playing varsity and not JV

makes next season hopes of doing better than what has been accomplished so far this year going into week 9. 

GS swept your 7th and 8th grade tonight. HH canceled freshman game against GS undefeated freshman. 

GS 7th won 38 to 8 with an early running clock wich was requested by HH coach...

GS 8th grade won 16 to 8. 

7 hours ago, Titan76 said:

GS swept your 7th and 8th grade tonight. HH canceled freshman game against GS undefeated freshman. 

GS 7th won 38 to 8 with an early running clock wich was requested by HH coach...

GS 8th grade won 16 to 8. 

Great for your middle school teams! No salt in these wounds!

What’s that got to do with our JV team?

frosh are playing JV due to injuries at at all three levels of HS football…therefore they are playing up and had to cancel remainder of season 

HH shutout GS 10-0 as well but nevertheless I will stick to the topic of discussing the HS JV team doing well amidst tough times this season to date.

2 hours ago, PAC FAN said:

Great for your middle school teams! No salt in these wounds!

What’s that got to do with our JV team?

frosh are playing JV due to injuries at at all three levels of HS football…therefore they are playing up and had to cancel remainder of season 

HH shutout GS 10-0 as well but nevertheless I will stick to the topic of discussing the HS JV team doing well amidst tough times this season to date.

Just adding to the conversation on a discussion board.  Glad HH JV is a bright spot. Should be some exciting games between HH and GS in the future.  

I am curious as to why your middle school coach often ask for a running clock earlier than the 35 point spread as stated in the rules. He has done this multiple times over the past several years. 

44 minutes ago, Titan76 said:

Just adding to the conversation on a discussion board.  Glad HH JV is a bright spot. Should be some exciting games between HH and GS in the future.  

I am curious as to why your middle school coach often ask for a running clock earlier than the 35 point spread as stated in the rules. He has done this multiple times over the past several years. 

I believe we also swept Southridge 7th, 8th, Fresh, JV, Varsity.

16 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Correct. With a back up QB on varsity and a kid who had never played QB at JV. Was great that we didn't cancel anything that week with injuries and kids playing up. Those games are so important for development.  Also respect for Southridge for never have asked for an early running clock.

I believe freshman are still looking for a game Thursday 

45 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

What the heck did we do to get dragged into the conversation?? 

Our numbers and socioeconomics (what do you call it..."true enrollment" or whatever) tend to dictate some things. But we have our process and it works for us. (I notice no mention of last Friday night outcomes....)

But, carry on I guess....if I could find a Will Smith meme (Keep our/my name out your mouth lol) I would, just not enough time. lol

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Titan76 said:

Correct. With a back up QB on varsity and a kid who had never played QB at JV. Was great that we didn't cancel anything that week with injuries and kids playing up. Those games are so important for development.  Also respect for Southridge for never have asked for an early running clock.

I believe freshman are still looking for a game Thursday 

Maybe HH can play us Thursday, I read someplace that they have 19 Freshman available.

2 minutes ago, jets said:

What the heck did we do to get dragged into the conversation?? 

Our numbers and socioeconomics (what do you call it..."true enrollment" or whatever) tend to dictate some things. But we have our process and it works for us. (I notice no mention of last Friday night outcomes....)

But, carry on I guess....if I could find a Will Smith meme (Keep our/my name out your mouth lol) I would, just not enough time. lol

I will say your Varsity Defense is very very good.

Maybe I’m looking into it too much….

but could a coach asking for an early running clock just be to get the 7th grade game done and move onto the 8th grade game? 

as far as I can remember they are played on the same day on the same field…so if a 7th grade team is losing handily there is no need to drag it out.  Get the 8th graders out there and get the show on the road. 

idk…that’s just my perspective and what I remember of going to watch 7th/8th grade games 

4 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Maybe I’m looking into it too much….

but could a coach asking for an early running clock just be to get the 7th grade game done and move onto the 8th grade game? 

as far as I can remember they are played on the same day on the same field…so if a 7th grade team is losing handily there is no need to drag it out.  Get the 8th graders out there and get the show on the road. 

idk…that’s just my perspective and what I remember of going to watch 7th/8th grade games 

Possibly, but the games are only 7 qtrs to begin with. The Coach has done it both home and away and has done at  both 7th and 8th grade levels in the past. 

Maybe he thinks someone will run up 90+points on him like HH did to pile central.  

But in all seriousness, i dont know why he has over the years. At the lower levels I enjoy watching kids get as many reps as possible 

2 hours ago, Titan76 said:

Really hope the GS frehmen find a game.

I think I saw something about Kankakee needing a freshman game. 

it’s Coach Harts younger brothers team. 

which idk if we really want that as they are a BIG team.  Currently the Illinois 5A #1.  

John Hart- Brownsburg 8-0 and ranked either #1 or #2 for 6A 

Nick Hart- Gibson Southern 8-0 and ranked either #1 or #2 in 3A

Derek Hart- Kankakee 5-1 and ranked #1 in 5A Illinois

talk about a family lol 

6 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think I saw something about Kankakee needing a freshman game. 

it’s Coach Harts younger brothers team. 

which idk if we really want that as they are a BIG team.  Currently the Illinois 5A #1.  

John Hart- Brownsburg 8-0 and ranked either #1 or #2 for 6A 

Nick Hart- Gibson Southern 8-0 and ranked either #1 or #2 in 3A

Derek Hart- Kankakee 5-1 and ranked #1 in 5A Illinois

talk about a family lol 

Illinois has 8 classes for football. From what I could find online Kankakee has a little over 1200 students so they are smaller than three of the schools your varsity has played this year.

16 minutes ago, sr1 said:

Illinois has 8 classes for football. From what I could find online Kankakee has a little over 1200 students.

I’m aware. Just like Mt Carmel is 3A but it’s more like a low 2A school for Indiana 

not what I meant though.  Like literally big lol. They have 2 tackles who are 6’7 and 6’8 and 300 and 350lbs respectively.  And they have big kids every year.  Their JV and freshman teams are probably closer to small school varsity size 

but I was mistaken on them looking for a game.  They needed a freshman game last week not this week.

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 2:43 PM, TitanFootball said:

Titans make a deeper run than the Vikings all day. Was a shame we didn’t see them at Mooresville to defend their championship from last year. 

On 7/17/2022 at 2:43 PM, TitanFootball said:

Titans make a deeper run than the Vikings all day. Was a shame we didn’t see them at Mooresville to defend their championship from last year. 

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, Cappy said:

I love keeping receipts on people haha 

kinda sucks though cuz it’s hard to go dunk on the SIAC guys for Reitz losing when GS got beat too.  

Two 10-0 conference champs losing in nail biter games on the road in round 2.  

Congrats to Boonville though!!!! Big win and playing for a trophy next week

same with Pike Central.  Deepest playoff run in school history.  

north posey Southridge Tecumseh and heritage hills all are playing for a sectional championship next week too!  

#1 PAC might be down but the rest of the PAC is going strong 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...