Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

14 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

You have got to be kidding me. I guess this is the kind of crap we're going to start seeing. Get ready for HS NIL and a HS Transfer portal. It's coming. Ridiculous.

Just curious as to why you think it is ridiculous. If a high school kid gets a part time job while he’s in school, we call him industrious. If your kid was a whiz at math, what’s wrong with enrolling him in a school where he can develop that ability to the fullest? Why do we look at athletics differently than “real life?”

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

Just curious as to why you think it is ridiculous. If a high school kid gets a part time job while he’s in school, we call him industrious. If your kid was a whiz at math, what’s wrong with enrolling him in a school where he can develop that ability to the fullest? Why do we look at athletics differently than “real life?”

Just spitballing here, but Columbus North was among the worst basketball teams in the area this past winter and the Football team is in the same sectional as CG. This will turnout about as spectacularly as most transfers around these parts. This is as much about JC’s musical chairs in the basketball office as anything. 

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

I just wished HS sports wouldn't go that way. I like the hometown kid thing. Gives every HS a chance.

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Just spitballing here, but Columbus North was among the worst basketball teams in the area this past winter and the Football team is in the same sectional as CG. This will turnout about as spectacularly as most transfers around these parts. This is as much about JC’s musical chairs in the basketball office as anything. 

Not sure about that. Parker might not even play basketball anymore. 

In my opinion, he'd better served up lift and run track, he is an excellent basketball player, though. 

3 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

I just wished HS sports wouldn't go that way. I like the hometown kid thing. Gives every HS a chance.

I liked the old days better, too. But I am hard-pressed to come up with logical arguments against extending NIL and free transfers, to high school players. Maybe you have one?

7 hours ago, Bobref said:

I liked the old days better, too. But I am hard-pressed to come up with logical arguments against extending NIL and free transfers, to high school players. Maybe you have one?

Floyd Central just won 18 HHC Championships this school year. Do you want them to be able to legally recruit too? That's my argument.

Leave it alone. Let HS kids be HS kids.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

Floyd Central just won 18 HHC Championships this school year. Do you want them to be able to legally recruit too? That's my argument.

Leave it alone. Let HS kids be HS kids.

I want kids to be free to choose a school environment that allows them to maximize their potential, whatever their ambitions might be.

14 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Think in terms of club sports players migrating to FC. 

That could be some of it. But they have a well rounded sports school. This area is a little underrated in Athletics. I think there are 4 baseball teams in Semi-State. Jeffersonville Basketball is my pick to win the 4A State Championship next winter. It's definitely not just FC. Silver Creek has great players. Providence. New Albany. Basketball summer league starts tonight. Not too many regions put that on. I think even teams like Seymour and Jennings County will be playing in it.

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

What a wild bridge 

The cameras sure work. Forgot to transfer my ezpass to the other vehicle the last time. I don’t mind the $5 to get back to Indiana, but I hate paying to go to Kentucky 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Across the Sherman Minton Bridge and up the hill. 

Thats not what I was meaning. Jeffersonville brings quite a few kids over from Louisville. Basketball wise. If they're doing it for Football they should probably stop. They always seem to have an Aunt or Uncle living over here.

Edited by Fkfootball

On 6/3/2024 at 10:17 AM, Impartial_Observer said:

I just think the notion that he thinks he has to play for a 6A football program to get noticed is stupid. I can understand the thinking that it’s hard to get noticed at Jennings County. Their history and their schedule don’t help them. However, I don’t see how Columbus North is much better just because they’re in 6A. I think program prestige and location are the primary factors in getting noticed. 

8 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I just think the notion that he thinks he has to play for a 6A football program to get noticed is stupid. I can understand the thinking that it’s hard to get noticed at Jennings County. Their history and their schedule don’t help them. However, I don’t see how Columbus North is much better just because they’re in 6A. I think program prestige and location are the primary factors in getting noticed. 

In the days of social media and recruiting services, why is this an issue.

2 hours ago, Fkfootball said:

In the days of social media and recruiting services, why is this an issue.

True. Especially when everyone always uploads their highlights to Hudl or whatever it’s called. It’s easier to find recruits today than ever before thanks to technology.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Elmore is sitting the first 3 games (365 days).. and will be eligible week 4. 

Looking like Norths QB last year might be having thumb surgery and unable to play QB this season.

Edited by btownqbcoach1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

Elmore is sitting the first 3 games (365 days).. and will be eligible week 4. 

Looking like Norths QB last year might be having thumb surgery and unable to play QB this season.

At this point, they may as well just do away with kids sitting out. I know that we have a kid from Louisville that is a RB and is supposed to be really good but he can't play until week 4 I think.

Edited by Fkfootball