Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

43 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

to be fair the bnl qb Memphis Louden (best qb name in state)   left game late with cramps or injury of some sort.

BNL also lost their top RB, Cal Gates, to injury and he left the field after the game on crutches. 

3 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Jennings County 60

Brown County 0

Final

Brown County has lost their first two games of the season by the same score of 60-0. They lost to Owen County last week 60-0. It looks like Brown County is heading for back-to-back 0-10 seasons. 

17 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

FC and THS is tied at 13 at Half. FCs offense looks good. But their pass defense has some issues. They’ve given up some long TD passes.

I thought FC had a good advantage with THS having to make a very long trip down there, but that was obviously negated by moving the game to BNL.

• Like 1

Floyd Central won that game the exact way they lost the Seymour game last season. Nonetheless, it’s a win our program needed BADLY.

Floyd Central has a pretty good offense with some good weapons but their pass defense is struggling. I’m not sure why because there are experience DBs in that secondary. If they don’t get that solved the game against Seymour in a few weeks could be a game in the 40s.

Edited by Fkfootball
  • Like 1

I’m pretty happy for Coach Bragg this morning. He’s worked hard and he needed a win like that. He said this team had better leadership than the past 2 seasons and it showed last night. To call a trick play with 1 second left in the game to win was a gutsy call. I told you all about this Isaac Kaiser, 6”4 and he out leaped about 3 guys to get the game winner. 

On 8/26/2023 at 3:31 PM, Fkfootball said:

Brown County might be the worst team in Southern Indiana. 

According to Sagarin, Brown County (2A) ranks #301 out of 315 eligible teams in Indiana. The only worse teams in southern Indiana are:

#302 Mitchell (2A)

#303 Cambridge City Lincoln (1A)

#304 Union County (2A)

#305 Edinburgh (1A)

#308 Phalen Academy (unclassified)

#310 Indianapolis Washington (4A)

#313 Crawford County (2A)

#314 Irvington Prep Academy (unclassified)

1 minute ago, Frozen Tundra said:

According to Sagarin, Brown County (2A) ranks #301 out of 315 eligible teams in Indiana. The only worse teams in southern Indiana are:

#302 Mitchell (2A)

#303 Cambridge City Lincoln (1A)

#304 Union County (2A)

#305 Edinburgh (1A)

#308 Phalen Academy (unclassified)

#310 Indianapolis Washington (4A)

#313 Crawford County (2A)

#314 Irvington Prep Academy (unclassified)

I wonder why they’re so bad? Nashville should have some decent kids up there. I guess the culture is bad.

8 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

I wonder why they’re so bad? Nashville should have some decent kids up there. I guess the culture is bad.

I’ve never seen a kid from Brown County that I’ve looked at and thought, “He must be a football player.” I love Brown County. It’s one of my favorite places to visit. However, I’ve just never gotten the feeling that they were that serious about athletics there.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Fkfootball said:

They have had some competitive seasons. They are working on back-to-back 0-10 seasons this season, but the three seasons before last year they were 5-6, 5-5, and 5-6. While not great, they were competitive. Their last winning season was 2013 when they went 6-5. They have had some previous bad stretches over the past 10-11 years where they had another 0-10 season and a 1-9 season. It's probably difficult to attract the right coach to turn things around there given their history. Frozen Tundra might be right about the school hierarchy not really emphasizing the program very much. I wonder how the parents feel there that have their boys playing the sport and not seeing much improvement and possibly not much emphasis being placed on the sport. I wonder how many kids they had show up this year and what their freshman class numbers are.

I think the situation has stabilized a little but a revolving door in the AD’s office for several years hasn’t helped. BC faces similar issues to other single school counties. Granted huge tourism dollars, but no real industry that attracts people. Fair amount of vacation/summer  homes most of the residents work in Columbus or Bloomington. BC has some history of success, but those days are a long ways in the rear view mirror. 

• Like 2

My brother’s brother in law and sis-in-law, retired corporate lawyer and college department head from Chicago bought 400 acres in Brown County, built a ginormous house and currently live there. More to the point I was making earlier, that’s not a great game plan for athletic excellence. Plus the fact that I cringe every time I have to go thru there…..