Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

6 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

At some point... will you explain, with actual evidence, why SC wouldn't fit in the HHC in football even though they would be the 3rd best team? 

It's honestly OK to admit that you don't know what you're talking about when it comes to this topic. 

Edited by btownqbcoach1

34 minutes ago, btownqbcoach1 said:

At some point... will you explain, with actual evidence, why SC wouldn't fit in the HHC in football even though they would be the 3rd best team? 

Where's your evidence that Silver Creek would be "the 3rd best team" in the HHC when they haven't played an HHC team in football, at all, since 2016?

6 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Where's your evidence that Silver Creek would be "the 3rd best team" in the HHC when they haven't played an HHC team in football, at all, since 2016?

Is this what your argument has came down to? Didn't you mention you don't even live in IN? C'mon man. Have you even watched SC play? ever? 

They're a good football team and a well coached football team. Again.. I don't want them to leave the MSC, but they're more than equipped to compete and win the HHC in multiple sports. (not saying football, other sports, absolutely) 

Just crazy you constantly make these outlandish statements on here and have ZERO evidence to back it up, especially this one. 

Edited by btownqbcoach1

1 minute ago, DanteEstonia said:

The burden of proof is on those who accuse, not on those who deny. 

Well you're the one who said they are another Madison. That's how this got started. He listed proof in tons of areas (other sports) that dispute that claim and all you have said is "they didn't win sectional." I have no dog in this fight and don't get on here to just argue but Silver Creek is better then Madison. Will they leave MSC or could they even be a top force in HCC in say 10 years? Who knows. But they wouldn't just be bottom feeders year in and year out. Thats my opinion

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

The burden of proof is on those who accuse, not on those who deny. 

This cannot be real life. 

1 minute ago, WWFan said:

Well you're the one who said they are another Madison. That's how this got started. He listed proof in tons of areas (other sports) that dispute that claim and all you have said is "they didn't win sectional." I have no dog in this fight and don't get on here to just argue but Silver Creek is better then Madison. Will they leave MSC or could they even be a top force in HCC in say 10 years? Who knows. But they wouldn't just be bottom feeders year in and year out. Thats my opinion

100%. I am done now. Kind of crazy argument he's tried to form. 

8 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Will they leave MSC or could they even be a top force in HCC in say 10 years? Who knows

The good news is that, since they play Jeff and Floyd in 2021, we will have a measurement of their football program. Beating Seymour, half of the time, prior to 2016, is not a good measurement of a program's success. 

1 minute ago, DanteEstonia said:

The good news is that, since they play Jeff and Floyd in 2021, we will have a measurement of their football program. Beating Seymour, half of the time, prior to 2016, is not a good measurement of a program's success. 

And ill agree with that. Which is why I wondered if scheduling Jeff and Floyd was an "audition" of sorts. I mean if they prove they can hang over next few years and you do favor 8 teams (admittedly i do too. As a PLAC/MSC follower i enjoy different teams playing and new venues to visit) would you want the HCC to add them and remove say Jennings Co who seemingly is a terrible at football? I dont follow the big boys often so im genuinely asking. 

2 minutes ago, WWFan said:

would you want the HCC to add them and remove say Jennings Co who seemingly is a terrible at football?

I thin JC has a place in the HHC. They are in the same size category as the other schools. I think 7-team conference are optimal, particularly when 3 members are clustered near a major metro area. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

I thin JC has a place in the HHC. They are in the same size category as the other schools. I think 7-team conference are optimal, particularly when 3 members are clustered near a major metro area. 

Not sure JC will have a place in the HHC in the future. Like Madison, the student population is shrinking. Obviously they had more students to begin with so it’ll be a little while before they hit 3A levels. Nevertheless, there is concern within the school corporation about not just the general shrinking of the student population, but the reasons for why it’s happening. It is no secret that a lot of gifted athletes have taken their talents to Columbus, Westport, Greensburg, Brownstown, etc. There is an emphasis on keeping this homegrown talent, but we’ll have to see if it pays off down the road.

47 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Nevertheless, there is concern within the school corporation about not just the general shrinking of the student population, but the reasons for why it’s happening. It is no secret that a lot of gifted athletes have taken their talents to Columbus, Westport, Greensburg, Brownstown, etc. There is an emphasis on keeping this homegrown talent, but we’ll have to see if it pays off down the road.

Just in case the metaphor was not apparent in my last post-

JENNINGS COUNTY

2020 SEASON (1-9)
Coach: Justun Sharp
Aug. 21 at Covenant Christian L 14 52    
Aug. 28 at Brown County L 7 12    
Sep. 4   Bedford North Lawrence L 6 35    
Sep. 11 at Seymour L 7 47    
Sep. 18 at Madison L 13 42    
Sep. 25   Connersville W 21 18    
Oct. 2 at Floyd Central L 13 55    
Oct. 9   Jeffersonville L 14 41    
Oct. 16   New Albany L 3 49    
Oct. 23 at Martinsville L 11 42   sect
2019 SEASON (3-7)
Aug. 23   Batesville L 28 45    
Aug. 30   Brown County W 42 35    
Sep. 6 at Bedford North Lawrence L 21 50    
Sep. 13   Seymour L 21 42    
Sep. 20   Madison W 57 27    
Sep. 27 at Connersville W 28 14    
Oct. 4   Floyd Central L 24 55    
Oct. 11 at Jeffersonville L 29 54    
Oct. 18 at New Albany L 20 42    
Oct. 25 at Martinsville L 7 42   sect
2018 SEASON (2-8)
Coach: Rick Zimmerman
Aug. 17 at Batesville L 0 40    
Aug. 24 at Brown County W 41 13    
Aug. 31   New Albany L 17 55    
Sep. 7 at Columbus East L 0 56    
Sep. 14 at Madison L 14 36    
Sep. 21   Connersville W 31 6    
Sep. 28 at Seymour L 14 45    
Oct. 5   Floyd Central L 14 27    
Oct. 12   Jeffersonville L 7 56    
Oct. 19 at South Dearborn L 16 48   sect
2017 SEASON (2-8)
Aug. 18   Batesville L 24 49    
Aug. 25   Greensburg W 42 29    
Sep. 1 at New Albany L 14 28    
Sep. 8   Columbus East L 7 62    
Sep. 15   Madison W 36 15    
Sep. 22 at Bedford North Lawrence L 27 60    
Sep. 29   Seymour L 7 41    
Oct. 6 at Floyd Central L 21 48    
Oct. 13 at Jeffersonville L 40 63    
Oct. 20   Franklin County L 34 46   sect
2016 SEASON (1-10)
Aug. 19 at Batesville L 6 21    
Aug. 26 at Greensburg L 7 41    
Sep. 2   New Albany L 7 42    
Sep. 9 at Columbus East L 0 36    
Sep. 16 at Madison L 6 22    
Sep. 23   Bedford North Lawrence L 23 41    
Sep. 30 at Seymour L 19 30    
Oct. 7   Floyd Central L 6 45    
Oct. 14   Jeffersonville L 29 35    
Oct. 21   Madison W 17 7   sect
Oct. 28   Seymour L 0 43   sect

6 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Just in case the metaphor was not apparent in my last post-

JENNINGS COUNTY

2020 SEASON (1-9)
Aug. 21 at Covenant Christian L 14 52    
Aug. 28 at Brown County L 7 12    
Sep. 4   Bedford North Lawrence L 6 35    
Sep. 11 at Seymour L 7 47    
Sep. 18 at Madison L 13 42    
Sep. 25   Connersville W 21 18    
Oct. 2 at Floyd Central L 13 55    
Oct. 9   Jeffersonville L 14 41    
Oct. 16   New Albany L 3 49    
Oct. 23 at Martinsville L 11 42   sect
2019 SEASON (3-7)
Aug. 23   Batesville L 28 45    
Aug. 30   Brown County W 42 35    
Sep. 6 at Bedford North Lawrence L 21 50    
Sep. 13   Seymour L 21 42    
Sep. 20   Madison W 57 27    
Sep. 27 at Connersville W 28 14    
Oct. 4   Floyd Central L 24 55    
Oct. 11 at Jeffersonville L 29 54    
Oct. 18 at New Albany L 20 42    
Oct. 25 at Martinsville L 7 42   sect
2018 SEASON (2-8)
Aug. 17 at Batesville L 0 40    
Aug. 24 at Brown County W 41 13    
Aug. 31   New Albany L 17 55    
Sep. 7 at Columbus East L 0 56    
Sep. 14 at Madison L 14 36    
Sep. 21   Connersville W 31 6    
Sep. 28 at Seymour L 14 45    
Oct. 5   Floyd Central L 14 27    
Oct. 12   Jeffersonville L 7 56    
Oct. 19 at South Dearborn L 16 48   sect
2017 SEASON (2-8)
Aug. 18   Batesville L 24 49    
Aug. 25   Greensburg W 42 29    
Sep. 1 at New Albany L 14 28    
Sep. 8   Columbus East L 7 62    
Sep. 15   Madison W 36 15    
Sep. 22 at Bedford North Lawrence L 27 60    
Sep. 29   Seymour L 7 41    
Oct. 6 at Floyd Central L 21 48    
Oct. 13 at Jeffersonville L 40 63    
Oct. 20   Franklin County L 34 46   sect
2016 SEASON (1-10)
Aug. 19 at Batesville L 6 21    
Aug. 26 at Greensburg L 7 41    
Sep. 2   New Albany L 7 42    
Sep. 9 at Columbus East L 0 36    
Sep. 16 at Madison L 6 22    
Sep. 23   Bedford North Lawrence L 23 41    
Sep. 30 at Seymour L 19 30    
Oct. 7   Floyd Central L 6 45    
Oct. 14   Jeffersonville L 29 35    
Oct. 21   Madison W 17 7   sect
Oct. 28   Seymour L 0 43   sect

It’s more than a football issue. Kids have left to play basketball, baseball, volleyball, soccer, and wrestling at other schools. Could be more than that but those are just the ones I know about for sure.

6 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

Would Jennings County even have any other conference to go to? They, and Madison, had their shot 10 years ago to go to the EIAC. 

There’s a split in the community about whether downgrading from an HHC schedule is the right thing to do. Some feel the HHC has passed up the rural/small town makeup it used to have and is becoming too big for a small community like Jennings County. The fear is that they won’t be able to compete and will continue to lose athletes and fan support.

The other school of thought is that leaving is the easy way out and admitting failure. These folks also believe they should stay in the HHC because they helped found it. They also believe there is potential to compete in the HHC.

If Jennings County were to leave the HHC, the EIAC would be the preferred destination. The communities are small and/or rural. The schools are in the 3A/4A range which is closer in size to JC. Madison would prefer to wind up there as well but there aren’t any spots available at the moment. The EIAC doesn’t have any departing members to replace and doesn’t seem to be intending to expand. Jennings County would prefer to join along with Madison as part of a package deal.

The official debate of leaving or staying in the HHC took place 2-3 years ago now. My understanding is that they decided to stay because a door wasn’t open elsewhere, but that the debate could resume if a door did eventually open up. It’ll be interesting to see if the football coach and athletic director have any say in the matter. Both are newer. The football coach was raised in JC and played football there but had left for awhile for college, the military, and being an assistant coach for a few schools in the Indy area. The AD is from the Chicago area and has no ties to JC. Maybe the outside influences these two have sway the decision and maybe they don’t. Time will tell.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

It’s more than a football issue. Kids have left to play basketball, baseball, volleyball, soccer, and wrestling at other schools. Could be more than that but those are just the ones I know about for sure.

At that point it would be wise to take a look at school culture.

On 12/18/2020 at 11:24 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

There’s a split in the community about whether downgrading from an HHC schedule is the right thing to do. Some feel the HHC has passed up the rural/small town makeup it used to have and is becoming too big for a small community like Jennings County. The fear is that they won’t be able to compete and will continue to lose athletes and fan support.

The other school of thought is that leaving is the easy way out and admitting failure. These folks also believe they should stay in the HHC because they helped found it. They also believe there is potential to compete in the HHC.

If Jennings County were to leave the HHC, the EIAC would be the preferred destination. The communities are small and/or rural. The schools are in the 3A/4A range which is closer in size to JC. Madison would prefer to wind up there as well but there aren’t any spots available at the moment. The EIAC doesn’t have any departing members to replace and doesn’t seem to be intending to expand. Jennings County would prefer to join along with Madison as part of a package deal.

The official debate of leaving or staying in the HHC took place 2-3 years ago now. My understanding is that they decided to stay because a door wasn’t open elsewhere, but that the debate could resume if a door did eventually open up. It’ll be interesting to see if the football coach and athletic director have any say in the matter. Both are newer. The football coach was raised in JC and played football there but had left for awhile for college, the military, and being an assistant coach for a few schools in the Indy area. The AD is from the Chicago area and has no ties to JC. Maybe the outside influences these two have sway the decision and maybe they don’t. Time will tell.

Chuck Hurley is spinning in his grave at the thought of JC leaving the HHC.

That being said, across the board would JC fare any better in the EIAC than they do in the HHC? 

• Like 1