Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

5 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

http://scoreboard.homestead.com/football/logsJenningsCounty.htm#loaded

Is Jennings County really going to start the 2021 season by playing Norwell?

That would be one heck of a drive if true. It is nearly 3 hours, according to Google maps, so probably at least 3 on a bus! 

It is no longer directly HHC related, but Madison's schedule is interesting. I'd have to think the double up on September 10th is an error and one of those games is a week 3. Carroll County definitely makes sense, as they are nearly across the river from one another. Mercer County is a solid 3A school. And Boone County is a 5A program that has struggled for some time now. They keep JC, BNL and Seymour from their HHC days. 

DATE OPPONENT EASTERN TIME OA 0.0, DA 0.0
Aug. 21   Mercer County (Ky.) 5:00 pm    
Aug. 27 at South Dearborn 4A 7:00 pm    
Sep. 10   Carroll County (Ky.) 7:00 pm    
Sep. 10   Milan 1A 7:00 pm    
Sep. 17 at Jennings County 4A 7:00 pm    
Sep. 24 at Mitchell 2A 7:00 pm    
Oct. 1   Boone County (Ky.) 7:00 pm    
Oct. 8 at Bedford North Lawrence 5A 7:00 pm    
Oct. 15   Seymour 5A 7:00 pm  
  • Like 1

Based on what I’m seeing from the schedules on John Harrell’s website, it looks like the HHC has the teams reverted back to the conference schedule they used from 1997-2018. Seems everyone is playing the same teams in the same order as they did in that 22 year stretch. The only difference is the week you played Madison is now your week to pick up a non-conference game.

As we learned from @boilerfan87, Jennings County (week 5), BNL (week 8), and Seymour (week 9) have to decided to keep Madison in that spot on their schedules. New Albany’s week 6 game with Madison has already been filled with Bloomington North the last three years and that will continue again next year. Floyd Central’s week 3 game with Madison has been filled with Silver Creek. That leaves Jeffersonville (week 4) and Columbus East (week 7) as the only teams that haven’t yet found a replacement for Madison.

As for HHC teams with brand new non-conference opponents, @DanteEstonia pointed out that Jennings County will play at Norwell in week 1 (quite a shock). Also, it looks like Jeffersonville finally found a week 6 replacement for Cathedral (which they weren’t able to fill last year). Looks like they’ll play Silver Creek that week. And New Albany has replaced their week 2 opponent from last year (Eastern Hancock) with Gibson Southern.

9 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Based on what I’m seeing from the schedules on John Harrell’s website, it looks like the HHC has the teams reverted back to the conference schedule they used from 1997-2018. Seems everyone is playing the same teams in the same order as they did in that 22 year stretch. The only difference is the week you played Madison is now your week to pick up a non-conference game.

As we learned from @boilerfan87, Jennings County (week 5), BNL (week 8), and Seymour (week 9) have to decided to keep Madison in that spot on their schedules. New Albany’s week 6 game with Madison has already been filled with Bloomington North the last three years and that will continue again next year. Floyd Central’s week 3 game with Madison has been filled with Silver Creek. That leaves Jeffersonville (week 4) and Columbus East (week 7) as the only teams that haven’t yet found a replacement for Madison.

As for HHC teams with brand new non-conference opponents, @DanteEstonia pointed out that Jennings County will play at Norwell in week 1 (quite a shock). Also, it looks like Jeffersonville finally found a week 6 replacement for Cathedral (which they weren’t able to fill last year). Looks like they’ll play Silver Creek that week. And New Albany has replaced their week 2 opponent from last year (Eastern Hancock) with Gibson Southern.

All of this assumes the schedules are correct.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, WWFan said:

Is Silver Creek refusing to play conference opp clarksville and auditioning for New conference or what? 

I was just wondering that. I forgot the Mid-Southern plays an eight game conference schedule. Not sure how Silver Creek got two non-conference games. Either Harrell has an error or the Mid-Southern is allowing teams (specifically Silver Creek) to flirt with having another non-conference opponent in the same way the HHC did with some teams back in 2018.

Edited by Frozen Tundra

Just now, Frozen Tundra said:

How could it be worse?

Silver Creek's program is less than 20 years old. Their school corporation is brand new. If they started getting flogged by a major power in the HHC (hint hint) there is a very real possibility that the board will intervene to save the football program from humiliation. 

Does Silver Creek even have a youth system?

17 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

Silver Creek's program is less than 20 years old. Their school corporation is brand new. If they started getting flogged by a major power in the HHC (hint hint) there is a very real possibility that the board will intervene to save the football program from humiliation. 

Yes, and a very good one. The population there continues to increase and the community very much supports the program. 

Playing against Floyd and Jeff make good sense. It is a step up in competition for them, plus they are very close games to travel for. If they lose, they will be better for it when the face their conference, plus they play bigger schools in the tournament. 

This is not the beginning of a move to the HHC for SC. They would still be the smallest program in the conference if they made the move, so it would do them no good. This is a nice, happy medium where they get to play a couple of HHC opponents to better themselves in the long run. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boilerfan87 said:

Playing against Floyd and Jeff make good sense. It is a step up in competition for them, plus they are very close games to travel for. If they lose, they will be better for it when the face their conference, plus they play bigger schools in the tournament. 

This is not the beginning of a move to the HHC for SC. They would still be the smallest program in the conference if they made the move, so it would do them no good. This is a nice, happy medium where they get to play a couple of HHC opponents to better themselves in the long run.

This is one of the advantages in having a 7-team HHC. 

9 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

I don’t know what goes on there or what their thinking is. From my perspective, they’d be a great addition to the HHC (if the HHC decided to return to an eight school league). Why?

-Already in the HHC’s geographical area

-The student population seems to be growing

-Sellersburg’s population seems to be growing

-My understanding is that they’re wealthier and have more money to invest in education and athletics as a result

-The football team is on the rise

-The boys basketball team is consistently solid and has been one of the top 3A teams in the state as of late

-They play six of the seven HHC schools annually already in boys basketball. They played Jennings County several years in a row before that series was dropped and one began with Floyd Central.

44 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

It would be like having Madison in the HHC, but worse.

I think they are already better then Madison. I didnt mean join today but if they can prove in next 5 years or so they can hang or beat Jeff/FC/ and maybe eventually NA why wouldn't the HHC take em in? Time will tell. Just be interesting to watch next few years

23 minutes ago, WWFan said:

I think they are already better then Madison. I didnt mean join today but if they can prove in next 5 years or so they can hang or beat Jeff/FC/ and maybe eventually NA why wouldn't the HHC take em in? Time will tell. Just be interesting to watch next few years

I agree. Not saying I want the HHC to take them right now or even in the future, but I also wouldn’t be opposed if they ever decided to. I think there’s a lot of value in that school and I believe it’ll continue to rise.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Didn’t JC traditionally open with an EIAC school? There seems to be some reshuffling going on in the EIAC I received several contact cancellations last week for EIAC games. 

6 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Didn’t JC traditionally open with an EIAC school? There seems to be some reshuffling going on in the EIAC I received several contact cancellations last week for EIAC games. 

Yeah they opened with Batesville from 1997-2019. Last year they opened with Covenant Christian.

Edited by Frozen Tundra

On 12/15/2020 at 3:22 PM, boilerfan87 said:

That would be one heck of a drive if true. It is nearly 3 hours, according to Google maps, so probably at least 3 on a bus! 

It is no longer directly HHC related, but Madison's schedule is interesting. I'd have to think the double up on September 10th is an error and one of those games is a week 3. Carroll County definitely makes sense, as they are nearly across the river from one another. Mercer County is a solid 3A school. And Boone County is a 5A program that has struggled for some time now. They keep JC, BNL and Seymour from their HHC days. 

DATE OPPONENT EASTERN TIME OA 0.0, DA 0.0
Aug. 21   Mercer County (Ky.) 5:00 pm    
Aug. 27 at South Dearborn 4A 7:00 pm    
Sep. 10   Carroll County (Ky.) 7:00 pm    
Sep. 10   Milan 1A 7:00 pm    
Sep. 17 at Jennings County 4A 7:00 pm    
Sep. 24 at Mitchell 2A 7:00 pm    
Oct. 1   Boone County (Ky.) 7:00 pm    
Oct. 8 at Bedford North Lawrence 5A 7:00 pm    
Oct. 15   Seymour 5A 7:00 pm  

I heard the Norwell game was at an Indy site.