Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Hills Conference

9 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

That being said, across the board would JC fare any better in the EIAC than they do in the HHC?

http://www.almanacsports.com/football/series.php?team1=GREENB&team2=JC

Jennings County is leading in the series w/Greensburg.

http://www.almanacsports.com/football/series.php?team1=JC&team2=BATES

Batesville leads the series w/JC, but it didn't get one-sided until the 2000s.

On 12/18/2020 at 12:32 PM, WWFan said:

Well you're the one who said they are another Madison. That's how this got started. He listed proof in tons of areas (other sports) that dispute that claim and all you have said is "they didn't win sectional." I have no dog in this fight and don't get on here to just argue but Silver Creek is better then Madison. Will they leave MSC or could they even be a top force in HCC in say 10 years? Who knows. But they wouldn't just be bottom feeders year in and year out. Thats my opinion

I would agree SC wouldn’t be bottom feeders in the HHC. I’m sure they already play a nearly full HHC schedule in most sports aside from football.

Regarding Football, first off hats off to SC in what they’ve managed to build in a short time frame. I’ve seen them several times over the last 10 years and seen the growth. That being said there is a big difference in playing 1 game a year against bigger schools and the depth they bring and playing an entire season. How many people did SC have playing both ways this year? Then think about replacing Clarksville, Scottsburg, Eastern Pekin, etc., with Jeff, NA, BNL, etc. As the season grinds on, it becomes a cumulative effect. I’m not trying to belittle any of the programs listed, just for comparison.

All of this is fun to speculate about, from my conversations with people in the know, SC has no interest in a conference change, and honestly why would they? They are typically among conference leaders across the board and they’re growing while already being the biggest school in the conference they’re in. 

13 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I would agree SC wouldn’t be bottom feeders in the HHC. I’m sure they already play a nearly full HHC schedule in most sports aside from football.

Regarding Football, first off hats off to SC in what they’ve managed to build in a short time frame. I’ve seen them several times over the last 10 years and seen the growth. That being said there is a big difference in playing 1 game a year against bigger schools and the depth they bring and playing an entire season. How many people did SC have playing both ways this year? Then think about replacing Clarksville, Scottsburg, Eastern Pekin, etc., with Jeff, NA, BNL, etc. As the season grinds on, it becomes a cumulative effect. I’m not trying to belittle any of the programs listed, just for comparison.

All of this is fun to speculate about, from my conversations with people in the know, SC has no interest in a conference change, and honestly why would they? They are typically among conference leaders across the board and they’re growing while already being the biggest school in the conference they’re in. 

I agree to an extent and as stated have no dog in the fight. But as you stated what does playing Clarksville (recently dropped for Floyd Central) pekin, Scottsburg do for SC in post season? If you can compete with these schools in every other sport why not take your lumps in football and be better prepared for tourny play? I agree they arent ready for CE to come down here or maybe even NA. The area itself seems to be rapidly growing. Even Charlestown is like 75 students off 4A. To me I look at it as if im SC. If you continue to grow and gain more and more kids I feel youll outgrow the MSC. Next year if Clarksville doesn't go independent the conference will probably have 1A-4A schools. It just feels they are outgrowing them is all and im not sure where else they would go. Again....10 years from now 

23 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Chuck Hurley is spinning in his grave at the thought of JC leaving the HHC.

That being said, across the board would JC fare any better in the EIAC than they do in the HHC? 

Good old Chuck Hurley. Never met the guy but I’ve heard so many stories about him from my dad and my father-in-law. Just talked about him last week actually.

Honestly, I do think Jennings County would fare better in the EIAC than in the HHC. Outside of East Central, Lawrenceburg, and maybe Batesville I think they would be much more competitive overall. Maybe not record-wise but I think games would be closer. They swept their three game series with Connersville from 2018-2020. The last ten years (2008-2017) of their annual week 2 game with Greensburg was tied 5-5 (JC leads 15-14 overall). I don’t think Rushville would be much competition. Franklin County and South Dearborn may get more wins on Jennings County than vice versa but I could see those games being one to two possession games on average.

12 hours ago, WWFan said:

I agree to an extent and as stated have no dog in the fight. But as you stated what does playing Clarksville (recently dropped for Floyd Central) pekin, Scottsburg do for SC in post season? If you can compete with these schools in every other sport why not take your lumps in football and be better prepared for tourny play? I agree they arent ready for CE to come down here or maybe even NA. The area itself seems to be rapidly growing. Even Charlestown is like 75 students off 4A. To me I look at it as if im SC. If you continue to grow and gain more and more kids I feel youll outgrow the MSC. Next year if Clarksville doesn't go independent the conference will probably have 1A-4A schools. It just feels they are outgrowing them is all and im not sure where else they would go. Again....10 years from now 

Likewise I don’t have a dog in the fight. I know as of last fall there was no thoughts of leaving. I get what you’re saying, and with a brand new school system, there are a lot of wild cards that at this point are just unknown. I’m not familiar with the inner workings of the MSC either. 

57 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Good old Chuck Hurley. Never met the guy but I’ve heard so many stories about him from my dad and my father-in-law. Just talked about him last week actually.

Honestly, I do think Jennings County would fare better in the EIAC than in the HHC. Outside of East Central, Lawrenceburg, and maybe Batesville I think they would be much more competitive overall. Maybe not record-wise but I think games would be closer. They swept their three game series with Connersville from 2018-2020. The last ten years (2008-2017) of their annual week 2 game with Greensburg was tied 5-5 (JC leads 15-14 overall). I don’t think Rushville would be much competition. Franklin County and South Dearborn may get more wins on Jennings County than vice versa but I could see those games being one to two possession games on average.

Chuck Hurley was one of the finest men I ever met.

Rushville and Connersville are a given in Football. I’m talking about across the board, they might fare a little better in Men’s basketball, but across the board, I think it’s about a wash. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Chuck Hurley was one of the finest men I ever met.

Rushville and Connersville are a given in Football. I’m talking about across the board, they might fare a little better in Men’s basketball, but across the board, I think it’s about a wash. 

Yeah Chuck is highly revered within the community. He was a feared, yet highly respected man. I’ve never heard one bad thing said about him despite all the stories I’ve heard of him roughing up misbehaving students. Doubt that stuff would’ve flown in this day and age but rarely did anyone seem to have a problem with it back then.

As for JC and the EIAC, I apologize for misunderstanding you and making my response football-centric. I don’t have a great knowledge of the EIAC outside of football and boys basketball. I’ll take your word for it, though, that it would likely be a lateral move.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 12:32 PM, WWFan said:

Clarksville will be independent starting Fall 2021. 

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 8:29 AM, DanteEstonia said:

FYI, Carmel has Week 2 open. If Columbus East can move the game w/Columbus North to Week 7...

The Columbus schools like their week 2 matchup. I’d be shocked if they changed it at all, but moving the game to that late in the season is definitely not going to happen.

1 hour ago, DanteEstonia said:

Then Columbus East better make good use of their bye in Week 7.

They’ll find an opponent. They struggled mightily to find a week 3 opponent for 2019 and ended up getting an Ohio team to come play them. If needed, they can just find another out of state opponent. 

On 1/11/2021 at 8:00 AM, Frozen Tundra said:

They’ll find an opponent. They struggled mightily to find a week 3 opponent for 2019 and ended up getting an Ohio team to come play them. If needed, they can just find another out of state opponent. 

Btw, Columbus North, per Harrell's has Wk 5 open. Maybe it would be smart to move their mutual game?

5 minutes ago, DanteEstonia said:

... but it might not necessarily affect CI. They have more open dates. 

That’s besides the point. The East and North game is already on the schedule. Moving it will affect other teams. They’re happy with it being a week 2 game. East will have to find someone. If not then I guess they’ll just have to take a bye. Wouldn’t be cool but it won’t be the end of the world.

Looks like South Bend Clay has week 7 open. Not ideal by any means but East might have to take it if nothing else becomes available. If Pickerington Central and Elkhart travelled 3+ hours to our place the last two years then we probably need to do something similar for someone else if need be.

• Thanks 1